Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rating your confidence level on Meyer

(09-19-2021, 05:38 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I am not a college fan at all, im just a nfl fan.  the team is excattly the same it was last year. worst team ever in nfl.  they are trash, so bad a 53 babies would beat them.

lets not forget the truth hurts.

Stop drinking and go lie down.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2021, 05:38 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I am not a college fan at all, im just a nfl fan.  the team is excattly the same it was last year. worst team ever in nfl.  they are trash, so bad a 53 babies would beat them.

lets not forget the truth hurts.

I didnt think we were playing the Brooklyn Babies this year?

(09-19-2021, 05:32 PM)CinciJag Wrote: Meyer has much better data

So far it appears Meyer's data was the 2017 Rivals high school top 100 since basically all he did was draft 5*s off that list.

(09-19-2021, 05:32 PM)CinciJag Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 04:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Folks on your side of the argument never counter with all the things you've seen the last six months that give you confidence in him. You just act like waiting will make something good happen some day. Surely. Maybe. Hopefully.

Fair point.  I am mostly reacting to the drivel I am seeing about how you all know Meyer isn't cut out for this.  Like "he seemed lost on the sideline last week".   LMAO...

Or he drafter Etienne and we all know that was a bad pick..... you guys all know that because you were scouts on which NFL team?  or your team has been so great for so long?  Meyer has much better data and is able to evaluate talent they way you slappys can never know.

So I will form my opinion on what I see on the field.  The team was an absolute train wreck last year with little serviceable talent coming back.  So in week one with a rookie QB starting for the first time we didn't look good.  Big surprise.   In week two we looked a bit better.   I will make my assessment on how we look in game 5,6,7,8..... if we are making good progress and playing better than the garbage we saw last year.... Then I will say Meyer is showing why he is an elite football coach

until then I will laugh at all the FSU and Miami fans that come on here pretending to be Jags fans and hating Meyer just because he owned their teams when he was a Gator

As I said, you present nothing but your hopes. Meanwhile those who have concerns present legitimate issues that not only we but many of the industry experts bring up that you just casually dismiss because they don't allow you to keep your rose colored glasses on.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-19-2021, 04:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 12:29 AM)CinciJag Wrote: I predict this thread won’t age well, it’s a strange premise to think you know anything about the coach after a single game.  It’s more comical to call all the stuff you guys are whining about as mistakes.  No chance Meyer is “overwhelmed”.  This team went 1-15 last year …. There will be bad outings before it’s all fixed

Folks on your side of the argument never counter with all the things you've seen the last six months that give you confidence in him. You just act like waiting will make something good happen some day. Surely. Maybe. Hopefully.

Though I have my share of concerns with Meyer, I'm not entirely sure that standard is particularly fair to Meyer.

From the outside looking in, there isn't going to be a lot evident under the circumstances, being so early in the season, etc.

I know UM is not Jimmy Johnson, Trevor isn't Troy Aikman, and Jacksonville 2021 isn't Dallas 1989.

But many of the same things being said about UM now were being said about Jimmy Johnson then in the midst of a 1-15 season.

Jimmy Johnson wound up winning 2 Super Bowls with Dallas in five years.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-19-2021, 06:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 04:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Folks on your side of the argument never counter with all the things you've seen the last six months that give you confidence in him. You just act like waiting will make something good happen some day. Surely. Maybe. Hopefully.

Though I have my share of concerns with Meyer, I'm not entirely sure that standard is particularly fair to Meyer.

From the outside looking in, there isn't going to be a lot evident under the circumstances, being so early in the season, etc.

I know UM is not Jimmy Johnson, Trevor isn't Troy Aikman, and Jacksonville 2021 isn't Dallas 1989.

But many of the same things being said about UM now were being said about Jimmy Johnson then in the midst of a 1-15 season.

And for every Jimmy Johnson there are dozens of Al Grohs.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-17-2021, 03:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s almost impossible to gauge that after only one game. I think we’ll have a much better handle on future team prospects 4:00 Sunday afternoon.
And?

I ain't seen jack [BLEEP] to make me think this clown has the faintest clue.

Sincerely.

Tell me three things he's done well outside selecting the clear cut number one pick?
Cuz' i got 9 things he's screwed the pooch on ready to rattle off.

(09-19-2021, 07:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 03:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s almost impossible to gauge that after only one game. I think we’ll have a much better handle on future team prospects 4:00 Sunday afternoon.
And?

It’s almost impossible to gauge that after only one two games. I think we’ll have a much better handle on future team prospects 4:00 next Sunday afternoon.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 07:16 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-19-2021, 06:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Though I have my share of concerns with Meyer, I'm not entirely sure that standard is particularly fair to Meyer.

And for every Jimmy Johnson there are dozens of Al Grohs.
Agreed completely.

But the likes of Al Groh never got a franchise QB like Aikman...or Lawrence appears to be.

Point is, bad in the first two games....or first year...doesn't necessarily mean bad player or coach.

Intense criticism early on doesn't necessarily mean bad player or coach.

Let it play out.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-19-2021, 07:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I ain't seen jack [BLEEP] to make me think this clown has the faintest clue.

Sincerely.

Tell me three things he's done well outside selecting the clear cut number one pick?
Cuz' i got 9 things he's screwed the pooch on ready to rattle off.
Just wait until the Cardinals game next week lol

All is over but the crying each week. I was happy with the first drive. Just glad the Broncos deferred.

Can't change to a 3-4 because you want to do it. Chark is going to light it up somewhere else. This team has a big talent gap. Biggest surprise for me is Houston is better than I gave them credit for being.

I think Urban was the wrong hire and he proved it with the off season nonsense. I am hoping USC laser focuses on him and he goes away. This franchise is awful.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-19-2021, 06:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 05:32 PM)CinciJag Wrote: Fair point.  I am mostly reacting to the drivel I am seeing about how you all know Meyer isn't cut out for this.  Like "he seemed lost on the sideline last week".   LMAO...

Or he drafter Etienne and we all know that was a bad pick..... you guys all know that because you were scouts on which NFL team?  or your team has been so great for so long?  Meyer has much better data and is able to evaluate talent they way you slappys can never know.

So I will form my opinion on what I see on the field.  The team was an absolute train wreck last year with little serviceable talent coming back.  So in week one with a rookie QB starting for the first time we didn't look good.  Big surprise.   In week two we looked a bit better.   I will make my assessment on how we look in game 5,6,7,8..... if we are making good progress and playing better than the garbage we saw last year.... Then I will say Meyer is showing why he is an elite football coach

until then I will laugh at all the FSU and Miami fans that come on here pretending to be Jags fans and hating Meyer just because he owned their teams when he was a Gator

As I said, you present nothing but your hopes. Meanwhile those who have concerns present legitimate issues that not only we but many of the industry experts bring up that you just casually dismiss because they don't allow you to keep your rose colored glasses on.

The point is that your so called industry experts are talking heads (if they were experts they would be getting paid to coach or GM).   And you for some reason want to pass judgement before we have any real data.  I haven't seen anything to indicate that he won't be successful here.  If you chose to listen to a bunch of folks just looking for clicks thats your business.  As long as we can agree neither one of us know right now whether he is going to be successful.

(09-19-2021, 07:46 PM)CinciJag Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As I said, you present nothing but your hopes. Meanwhile those who have concerns present legitimate issues that not only we but many of the industry experts bring up that you just casually dismiss because they don't allow you to keep your rose colored glasses on.

The point is that your so called industry experts are talking heads (if they were experts they would be getting paid to coach or GM).   And you for some reason want to pass judgement before we have any real data.  I haven't seen anything to indicate that he won't be successful here.  If you chose to listen to a bunch of folks just looking for clicks thats your business.  As long as we can agree neither one of us know right now whether he is going to be successful.

As someone else said, we have about 15 data points on the Meyer Mistake. 13 of them are negative and the other two so obvious an blind squirrel could've found those nuts. Just because you choose to ignore the facts doesn't mean they aren't still the facts. "I haven't seen...", well that's because you refuse to open your eyes or willfully ignore what you're being shown.

(09-19-2021, 07:46 PM)CinciJag Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As I said, you present nothing but your hopes. Meanwhile those who have concerns present legitimate issues that not only we but many of the industry experts bring up that you just casually dismiss because they don't allow you to keep your rose colored glasses on.

Wait…. What?

“I haven’t seen anything to indicate he won’t be successful here.”

They got blown out by the Texans and only had 1 scoring drive against the Broncos.

(09-19-2021, 08:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 07:46 PM)CinciJag Wrote: The point is that your so called industry experts are talking heads (if they were experts they would be getting paid to coach or GM).   And you for some reason want to pass judgement before we have any real data.  I haven't seen anything to indicate that he won't be successful here.  If you chose to listen to a bunch of folks just looking for clicks thats your business.  As long as we can agree neither one of us know right now whether he is going to be successful.
Wait…. What?

“I haven’t seen anything to indicate he won’t be successful here.”

They got blown out by the Texans and only had 1 scoring drive against the Broncos.

[Image: 5nk7u8.jpg]

(09-19-2021, 07:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
And?

It's going to be a long road. There was improvement in the O line and fewer penalties. Meyer seemed to understand the balanced offense theory in the first drive and then reverted to Trevor's arm more as the game wore on. WR drops are still an issue and our secondary is hopeless. 

Overall, Meyer made some progress but other aspects are still subpar. Some of that comes from the fact that you simply can't coach skill into bad players. We're roster deficient and no coach could make some of these guys any better. Not to mention Meyer is learning too. 

Team prospects for this year? 1-2 wins. We suck again. Is Meyer the problem? Part of it, certainly. Could another experienced coach raise the prospects of this team? Marginally. We just don't have a talented roster.

I was cautiously optimistic with the hiring, wasn’t sure how long he work out for, but pairing him with Lawrence gave the franchise some positive buzz for once.

I quickly lost faith after the draft.

He clearly has no idea what he’s doing.

(09-19-2021, 08:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 07:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And?

It's going to be a long road. There was improvement in the O line and fewer penalties. Meyer seemed to understand the balanced offense theory in the first drive and then reverted to Trevor's arm more as the game wore on. WR drops are still an issue and our secondary is hopeless. 

Overall, Meyer made some progress but other aspects are still subpar. Some of that comes from the fact that you simply can't coach skill into bad players. We're roster deficient and no coach could make some of these guys any better. Not to mention Meyer is learning too. 

Team prospects for this year? 1-2 wins. We suck again. Is Meyer the problem? Part of it, certainly. Could another experienced coach raise the prospects of this team? Marginally. We just don't have a talented roster.

Meyer isn't calling the play, is he?

(09-19-2021, 08:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 08:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's going to be a long road. There was improvement in the O line and fewer penalties. Meyer seemed to understand the balanced offense theory in the first drive and then reverted to Trevor's arm more as the game wore on. WR drops are still an issue and our secondary is hopeless. 

Meyer isn't calling the play, is he?

I don't know, but a HC surely influences the play scripts. 

Let me add another issue confronting this team. Our top scorer, the top scorer of any team, has fallen off a cliff. Lambo is in crisis which subtracts potentially 5-10 points per game from our score.