Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stinky sock award vs Broncos

Honestly what was Khan thinking with the URBZ hire. Didn't he try the rah rah guy with gus and then the cultural option with TC while he hung with Caldwell to the point where the NFLPA was all over us?

This can turn around but they botched this off season hard. We can't have another setback when you have an obviously phenomenal prospect.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2021, 10:32 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Honestly what was Khan thinking with the URBZ hire. Didn't he try the rah rah guy with gus and then the cultural option with TC while he hung with Caldwell to the point where the NFLPA was all over us?

This can turn around but they botched this off season hard. We can't have another setback when you have an obviously phenomenal prospect.
The new GM shows it was all a setup. I bet it was planned last year but Meyer didn't want to take over then so they cleared cap and made sure to get 1-2 draft pick

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(09-19-2021, 04:42 PM)Newton Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 04:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Shenault changed the entire vibe of the game. He gets the stinky sock award in a landslide.

He isn't calling his own plays....

I agree with shenault’s early drops really changing the vibe and killing drives. Not sure what is going on with his hands. Also, lambo missing those 2 field goals was a killer.

While I've never thought Lambo walked on water, his two misses were one from 52 and another in the rain.  

stinky sock goes to the defensive coaches, after getting burned by Sutton a few times, why weren't we adding help to the coverage? take away one or two of those big plays and momentum may change significantly.

runner up is Bevell for sure. RUN. THE DANG. BALL. We have a line suited to run blocking. We have James Robinson, and heck, I'll even toss Hyde in there. Take some pressure off  the QB. It requires patience. 2 and 3 yard runs in the first become 3 and 5 yard runs later in the half. by the fourth, a gassed D can't get off the field. Quit forcing TLaw to carry the team, and we'll see the bad passes and turnovers go away.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 08:48 AM by Mikey.)

(09-19-2021, 06:00 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 05:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Rondale Moore with a long TD and Asante Samuel Jr with two INTs already today.

Stinky sock to the GMs cause yet again some of the boards favorites are showing out.

I hear that saying "usuals are showing out"  did you expect different results?  The team sucks so why would it be positive?

I think he meant some of the players we wanted the team to pick were having a heckuva Sunday.

(09-19-2021, 10:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 10:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Don't forget a superstar Safety who can't unseat Dewey and a DT who can't unseat Tater Cakes Bryan. Of all the picks I'm most ok with Walker Little, but it's clear they don't know how to use any of these guys so he's just sitting around in street clothes.

The Defense played better every time Cisco was on the field. Why this team continues to keep Dewey in the line up is one of the biggest head scratchers of the season so far. I have no doubts it's because Urbs is still stuck in his college ways and views rookies like he does Freshmen. Can't dare put them out there over the upper classmen...

I tend to agree, I get the whole "earn your place" mindset, but some of the starters need to be earning the right to stay as well.

(09-19-2021, 10:29 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Who doesn't deserve one? Allen? The OLine?

I'd start by stopping making excuses for the Golden Boy. He gets the biggest one. His first two NFL starts were purely awful and way worse than anything his predecessor did over two seasons, even with a fractured thumb on his throwing hand. He may rise like a Phoenix out of the ashes, but this is a dreadful start that should start getting him sideways glances.

It's absolutely a sign he's trying to carry the team. He's forcing throws, missing open guys while seeking a home run, and repeated miscues force the team into bad down and distance combos that require more forced throws. Recipe for disaster.

I will give him credit, he gets the ball out and isn't taking mindless sacks, which tended to be the problem for our past QBs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2021, 10:32 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Honestly what was Khan thinking with the URBZ hire. Didn't he try the rah rah guy with gus and then the cultural option with TC while he hung with Caldwell to the point where the NFLPA was all over us?

"OOOOOOH shiny!!"

Big name, lots of attention/enthusiasm, sell seats, make the team a headline.

Lawrence was late on some of his reads (the first interception quickly comes to mind) but the overall game plans have been so bad.

It's amazing how quickly this team has come to rely on Trevor. Just like at Clemson, he is being asked to carry the load and make up for bad offensive schemes. Just look at how bad Clemson has been this season. Someone call up Joe Brady and ask if he wants to coach Trevor.

(09-19-2021, 10:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 10:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Don't forget a superstar Safety who can't unseat Dewey and a DT who can't unseat Tater Cakes Bryan. Of all the picks I'm most ok with Walker Little, but it's clear they don't know how to use any of these guys so he's just sitting around in street clothes.

The Defense played better every time Cisco was on the field. Why this team continues to keep Dewey in the line up is one of the biggest head scratchers of the season so far. I have no doubts it's because Urbs is still stuck in his college ways and views rookies like he does Freshmen. Can't dare put them out there over the upper classmen...

In addition to starting Wingard, another head scratcher for me was the number of times they had Josh Allen drop into coverage on obvious passing plays.  I get the advantage of the other team's O-Line not necessarily knowing which players are rushing, but shouldn't our best (only?) decent pass rusher be used to actually rush the QB?