Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Broncos Game

The Jaguars definitely improved after their dreadful play against Houston. The positives today were:

1. Offensive line protected Lawrence well against one of the best pass rushing teams in the NFL.

2. The coaches were more organized and the team committed far fewer mistakes.

3. Robinson got more opportunities and looked good most of the game.

4. Logan Cooke and Agnew shined on special teams.

The negatives:

1. Receivers are not getting open. Chark did basically nothing and Laviska needs to hold onto the ball.

2. Lambo has either lost confidence or is not 100%. Meyer will not be very patient with him so I expect the team to bring in some competition at kicker. He used to be automatic.

3. Lawrence is very inconsistent with his throws, but I expect him to keep improving as he continues to gain experience.

4. The offense still lacks speed. Losing Etienne for the season was very unfortunate as he would have been a real weapon both running and receiving.

The Broncos were clearly the superior team this week as were the Texans in week 1. A 1-15 team does not fix all their problems in one season. Meyer needs to give rookies like Cisco, Walker, Tufele, and Jordan Smith more playing time as they need to gain experience. This team looks like they should be underdogs every week except possibly against the Jets.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watching the Bucs/Falcons, it seems that the Jags could take a lesson from Atlanta on how to use Shenault as they do Cordarrelle Patterson. He's lined up in the backfield as much as the slot and it gets him open on pass routes and he has an occasional carry as well.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Trevor needs to learn to take more of the shorter routes on first and second down throws. A lot of times i saw completions at the 5 to 8 yard range where the redeivers were fairly open but he opts for more covered routes downfield. I think he will adjust to this hopefully.

Dont get me wrong i like some aggresiveness but sometimes you just need to..... move those chains.

Receivers have one job catch the football. Some of ours seem to have forgotten that. I saw a few plays where i really do question the receivers commitment.

Trevor was a bit off today. I was glad to see him use his legs a bit more.

The onside kick with some 5 39 mins on the clock was stupid imo. I mean not saying we could have won but that sure as heck didnt help. You just got some momentum. Way to lose it.

Lambo was not good in preseason. It has carried over.

(09-19-2021, 06:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Watching the Bucs/Falcons, it seems that the Jags could take a lesson from Atlanta on how to use Shenault as they do Cordarrelle Patterson. He's lined up in the backfield as much as the slot and it gets him open on pass routes and he has an occasional carry as well.

I'm watching the Vikings/Cardinals game, since we play the Cardinals next weekend. Lets just say, Kyler is going to eat us alive.

(09-19-2021, 06:54 PM)surfon Wrote: Trevor needs to learn to take more of the shorter routes on first and second down throws.  A lot of times i saw completions at the 5 to 8 yard range where the redeivers were fairly open but he opts for more covered routes downfield.  I think he will adjust to this hopefully.

Dont get me wrong i like some aggresiveness but sometimes you just need to..... move those chains.

Receivers have one job catch the football.  Some of ours seem to have forgotten that.  I saw a few plays where i really do question the receivers commitment.

Trevor was a bit off today.  I was glad to see him use his legs a bit more.

The onside kick with some 5 39 mins on the clock was stupid imo.  I mean not saying we could have won but that sure as heck didnt help.  You just got some momentum.  Way to lose it.

Lambo was not good in preseason.  It has carried over.

Agree, the onside kick with that much time left was a bad call.

(09-19-2021, 06:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Watching the Bucs/Falcons, it seems that the Jags could take a lesson from Atlanta on how to use Shenault as they do Cordarrelle Patterson. He's lined up in the backfield as much as the slot and it gets him open on pass routes and he has an occasional carry as well.

I'm watching the Vikings/Cardinals game, since we play the Cardinals next weekend. Lets just say, Kyler is going to eat us alive.

Two words Bro.

Chandler Jones.

Cry
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Simply put:

LET TREVOR LAWRENCE THROW THE BALL.. LOL..

(09-19-2021, 06:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:54 PM)surfon Wrote: Trevor needs to learn to take more of the shorter routes on first and second down throws.  A lot of times i saw completions at the 5 to 8 yard range where the redeivers were fairly open but he opts for more covered routes downfield.  I think he will adjust to this hopefully.

Receivers have one job catch the football.  Some of ours seem to have forgotten that.  I saw a few plays where i really do question the receivers commitment.

Trevor was a bit off today.  I was glad to see him use his legs a bit more.

The onside kick with some 5 39 mins on the clock was stupid imo.  I mean not saying we could have won but that sure as heck didnt help.  You just got some momentum.  Way to lose it.

Lambo was not good in preseason.  It has carried over.

Agree, the onside kick with that much time left was a bad call.

(09-19-2021, 06:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I'm watching the Vikings/Cardinals game, since we play the Cardinals next weekend. Lets just say, Kyler is going to eat us alive.

Two words Bro.

Chandler Jones.

Cry

Yup, I fully expect us to get a beat down next week and limp into Thursday Night vs the Bengals at a swift 0-3.

(09-19-2021, 07:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Agree, the onside kick with that much time left was a bad call.

Two words Bro.

Chandler Jones.

Cry

Yup, I fully expect us to get a beat down next week and limp into Thursday Night vs the Bengals at a swift 0-3.

Sadly, I agree.

It would be great if they surprised us with a win, though.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Fun fact: Laviska became the first player in NFL history to gain negative yards on 5 or more targets.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 07:49 PM by Cleatwood.)

(09-19-2021, 07:41 PM)Upper Wrote: Fun fact: Laviska became the first player in NFL history to gain negative yards on 5 or more targets.
Where are the lay ups? Every thing the Jags do looks difficult.

Then you watch these other teams and they just manufacture plays for their players that look easy.

(09-19-2021, 07:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Agree, the onside kick with that much time left was a bad call.

Two words Bro.

Chandler Jones.

Cry

First win for Trevor on Thursday? That’s fine I guess.

(09-19-2021, 07:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 07:41 PM)Upper Wrote: Fun fact: Laviska became the first player in NFL history to gain negative yards on 5 or more targets.

Then you watch these other teams and they just manufacture plays for their players that look easy.

(09-19-2021, 07:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup, I fully expect us to get a beat down next week and limp into Thursday Night vs the Bengals at a swift 0-3.

Yep, all game every game it seems like the other team can take 5-7 yards whenever they feel like it.

I think some of Trevor's inconsistencies may be attributed to the lack of an off-season. He's basically been throwing non-stop since the start of college last year. Maybe it's rookie jitters, but he throws mainly darts, and then there's just this occasional weak pass. Just seems like his arm gets tired every once in a while.

(09-19-2021, 07:53 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I think some of Trevor's inconsistencies may be attributed to the lack of an off-season. He's basically been throwing non-stop since the start of college last year. Maybe it's rookie jitters, but he throws mainly darts, and then there's just this occasional weak pass. Just seems like his arm gets tired every once in a while.

He was off for several weeks after his surgery.

(09-19-2021, 07:53 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I think some of Trevor's inconsistencies may be attributed to the lack of an off-season. He's basically been throwing non-stop since the start of college last year. Maybe it's rookie jitters, but he throws mainly darts, and then there's just this occasional weak pass. Just seems like his arm gets tired every once in a while.

I can't fully explain why he has these cold streaks.

Part of it is due to down and distance.

Part of it is due to drops.

I think part of it is due to him being a rookie.

But I can't agree with your reasoning here.

First off, TL had the shoulder surgery that kept him from throwing until June minicamp.

Secondly, he split first team reps with Minshew.

Furthermore, many of his throws are high and some are behind.

I don't see passes where they have had nothing on them unless guys have been at his feet.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-19-2021, 07:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

(09-19-2021, 07:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup, I fully expect us to get a beat down next week and limp into Thursday Night vs the Bengals at a swift 0-3.

Would love for him to put on a show in Prime Time, but we all know how this team has shown up to prime time games in the past... It typically isn't pretty. One can hope though, because that Bengals game certainly is winnable.

(09-19-2021, 08:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 07:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Where are the lay ups? Every thing the Jags do looks difficult.

Would love for him to put on a show in Prime Time, but we all know how this team has shown up to prime time games in the past... It typically isn't pretty. One can hope though, because that Bengals game certainly is winnable.

Honestly I would expect the very best effort of the year to happen in that prime time game. Of all the things Meyer has going positive for him, he's always had his teams ready to play in the big games, and that will be our biggest game of the year.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 08:24 PM by FabianLF. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-19-2021, 07:14 PM)chris hill Wrote: Simply put:

LET TREVOR LAWRENCE THROW THE BALL.. LOL..

Yeah, I agree with the ‘lol’ part.

Need to utilize JRob some more… like, a lot more.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 08:36 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

O’Shaughgnessy left the game today hurt as well, which is why the rookie Farrell was getting so much playing time.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...3544962049

(09-19-2021, 07:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

I can't fully explain why he has these cold streaks.

Part of it is due to down and distance.

Part of it is due to drops.

I think part of it is due to him being a rookie.

But I can't agree with your reasoning here.

First off, TL had the shoulder surgery that kept him from throwing until June minicamp.

Secondly, he split first team reps with Minshew.

Furthermore, many of his throws are high and some are behind.

I don't see passes where they have had nothing on them unless guys have been at his feet.

All fair points.

My impressions after the game = looking at 2022 mock drafts.

It's going to be a long season. Might come down to Jags vs. Jets in week 16 for that first pick