Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Completely new schemes and playbooks, Jags need time.

That's what I'm seeing. I was going be harsh and say the coordinators have terrible schemes, but I remembered teams need time to get comfortable in new schemes. Unless they have just overwhelming talent.

The defense is built on high pressure and sacks which they aren't getting on a consistent basis. The result is in their scheme you have wide open receivers underneath.

They're also having a hard time KNOWING their personnel. On the bomb to Sutton, I called that when they lined up. I saw Claybrooks on him 1 on 1. Claybrooks is a slot cb. Sutton is Denvers #1, pro bowl caliber wr. I know this and the coach's should have known. And for the love of everything holy WINGARD IS NOT A DEEP SAFETY!!!

The coordinators just need more time to adjust, and personnel. The Broncos played them in a 2 deep safety the whole game. You need TE and receiving backs or a slot wr to crack that. They refuse to run Shenailt more than 5 yards!

Jags are getting out game planned and coached right now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Agreed completely.

The coaches seem like they still don't know what they have, and the players still don't know what's expected.

Now make no mistake, this was a 1-15 team last year. There are still significant personnel deficiencies on this team.

But I think the period of adjustment you describe is a big factor in the team's performance the first two weeks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Cullen's scheme is complex and we lack talent. I think it will get better as the players learn it, it looks like they are still thinking instead of reacting and it makes them a step slow.

Bevell's scheme and play calling doesn't play to our strengths. Just calling better games can fix what's wrong there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The problem with Cullen's scheme is you need very good press man corners on the outside if you're going to lead the league in blitzing. You need Marlon Humphrey and Marcus Peters. We got an average at best Griffin and worse.

(09-19-2021, 06:58 PM)Upper Wrote: The problem with Cullen's scheme is you need very good press man corners on the outside if you're going to lead the league in blitzing. You need Marlon Humphrey and Marcus Peters. We got an average at best Griffin and worse.

I think Campbell will develop into a player in time (Big) if they get him outside. He's not a slot guy, he needs to be outside IMO to use the talent that got him drafted. That gives them the outside corners they need.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Campbell is much better suited to be on the boundary than in the slot, but I still don't think he has elite upside in him with the stiffness he has.

We have 3 players on this roster and the rest can be replaced just a question of who does it and when. So far the replacement strategy has been poor as well.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-19-2021, 07:31 PM)Upper Wrote: Campbell is much better suited to be on the boundary than in the slot, but I still don't think he has elite upside in him with the stiffness he has.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't' want the guy. I just don't think they're using him right for what he could be best at doing.

So was part of the new scheme to target your number #1 receiver only 4 times? You targeted him 12 times last week.
Asking for a friend.... (shad, I will pm you the answer)

same team as always espaissley on defense when opposseing team has 3rd down. every week i hear this from my dad on 3rd down automatic first down,and a majority of the time it becomes true.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Yeah

They need time

And a new coach, OC & GM.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 08:50 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Goodness knows I've made my share of title gaffes, but could someone fix the title?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The Scheme especially on offense is flawed. We are passing 7 out of every 10 plays. Robinson maybe the best offensive player yet they refuse to make him a focal point on the offense. Lawrence looked lost today after that first drive. The Denver D coordinator did a great job at confusing him. I have no idea why we never decided to make the running game a focal point of the offense.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-19-2021, 08:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Goodness knows I've made my share of title gaffes, but could someone fix the title?

Haha I think he nailed it. Having all new playboys certainly can cause issues in a locker room. It is just not the right place for that stuff.

(09-19-2021, 08:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah

They need time

And a new coach, OC & GM.

Good luck, throw the biggest cheese in there too, but we know Kahn won't sell the team... He's hired nothing but duds.