Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worried about the receiving core

(09-22-2021, 04:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 02:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Remember when everyone was so excited about Urban Meyer transforming DJ Chark because of his nutritional crap.... remember when everyone said how he was going to light up the NFL?

Ahhhh, the blind faith people used to have in Urban now versus then is funny. But there were some that warned he was full of it.

I don't remember 1 person on here saying he was about to light up the nfl

Yeah, 99% of the board has been extremely skeptical of this regime.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-22-2021, 03:52 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 02:49 PM)Ronster Wrote: Don't you think a prerequisite for being an NFL caliber receiver should be at the very least, BEING ABLE TO CATCH THE DAMN BALL? If they can't catch, why are they in the NFL? I can find 20 guys on the street that can catch a damn ball EVERYTIME it hits their hands. If you are in the NFL as a kicker and your job is to KICK THE BALL BETWEEN THE UPRIGHTS, Then you better damn well do that or you have no business being on an NFL team. IF your job is to catch the ball when it HITS YOUR FREAKING HANDS, you better catch the damn ball, or you don't belong on an NFL team. This is not rocket science, they are getting paid a lot of money to SUCK right now and it makes no damn sense...

Sounds like you are underemployed, you should be a scout or an agent at the very least if you have connections like that.

(09-22-2021, 02:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Remember when everyone was so excited about Urban Meyer transforming DJ Chark because of his nutritional crap.... remember when everyone said how he was going to light up the NFL?

Ahhhh, the blind faith people used to have in Urban now versus then is funny. But there were some that warned he was full of it.

@in related news, there is a spork shortage in Duval County.@

I have coached locally for kids 6-14 and have connections with local coaches. Plus, growing up playing myself both street and organized I know it's not that damn hard to catch a ball that hits you in your hands. Dropping it means you are not focused or you are scared or you just can't catch. Either way, if you are on the NFL level, dropping passes like the Jags receivers are dropping passes should NOT HAPPEN. A drop every now and then is excusable, but these cats are freaking amateurs pretending to be ballers.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

That's terrifying for local children.
Wow.

(09-20-2021, 11:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nah

You can always upgrade, but Chark is coming off the injury and they aren't running the ball to set up more play action.

Not to mention the high number of low % routes being run.

A healthy Chark and Shenault with more runs and high % routes and they'd look better IMO.
Add talent when you can - but these two games are more about gameplan, play calling and injury than they are some sign of a talent void at WR.

I hope that you are right about Chark and Shenault because I really am rooting for these young men.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

I agree. If it hits your hands, you better catch it unless you get your head taken off and even then, you should wake up with the ball in your hands.

(09-22-2021, 05:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's terrifying for local children.
Wow.

What a jerk
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Wow.
Gold.

(09-22-2021, 04:15 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 03:52 PM)Mikey Wrote: Sounds like you are underemployed, you should be a scout or an agent at the very least if you have connections like that.

@in related news, there is a spork shortage in Duval County.@

I have coached locally for kids 6-14 and have connections with local coaches. Plus, growing up playing myself both street and organized I know it's not that damn hard to catch a ball that hits you in your hands. Dropping it means you are not focused or you are scared or you just can't catch. Either way, if you are on the NFL level, dropping passes like the Jags receivers are dropping passes should NOT HAPPEN. A drop every now and then is excusable, but these cats are freaking amateurs pretending to be ballers.

Maybe we need to have juice boxes on the sidelines, then the Jags might be better receivers.

So I'm assuming these velcro-handed kids you're coaching end up stars in college and the pros, since they catch everything thrown their way? Pardon my dismissive attitude, but I'm still not convinced you're the expert you claim to be on this subject.

(09-22-2021, 10:31 PM)Ronster Wrote:
Wow.

What a jerk

Boy, this is the very definition of irony.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-23-2021, 08:44 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 10:31 PM)Ronster Wrote: What a jerk

Boy, this is the very definition of irony.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76118a8d09035083cac661...y.gif&ct=g]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-23-2021, 08:42 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 04:15 PM)Ronster Wrote: I have coached locally for kids 6-14 and have connections with local coaches. Plus, growing up playing myself both street and organized I know it's not that damn hard to catch a ball that hits you in your hands. Dropping it means you are not focused or you are scared or you just can't catch. Either way, if you are on the NFL level, dropping passes like the Jags receivers are dropping passes should NOT HAPPEN. A drop every now and then is excusable, but these cats are freaking amateurs pretending to be ballers.

Maybe we need to have juice boxes on the sidelines, then the Jags might be better receivers.

So I'm assuming these velcro-handed kids you're coaching end up stars in college and the pros, since they catch everything thrown their way? Pardon my dismissive attitude, but I'm still not convinced you're the expert you claim to be on this subject.

Being that I’m 6’5 and used to be 220#’s I was taught that if it hits your hands you BETTER catch it. I teach the same way. But, I played defense primarily. But I catch the damn ball if it hits my hands.

(09-23-2021, 10:24 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 08:42 AM)Mikey Wrote: Maybe we need to have juice boxes on the sidelines, then the Jags might be better receivers.

Being that I’m 6’5 and used to be 220#’s I was taught that if it hits your hands you BETTER catch it. I teach the same way. But, I played defense primarily. But I catch the damn ball if it hits my hands.
Bahahaha

Man. Someone meet up with Ronster and throw him some passes.

(09-23-2021, 10:29 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 10:24 AM)Ronster Wrote: Being that I’m 6’5 and used to be 220#’s I was taught that if it hits your hands you BETTER catch it. I teach the same way. But, I played defense primarily. But I catch the damn ball if it hits my hands.
Bahahaha

Man. Someone meet up with Ronster and throw him some passes.

[Image: ys9tupd.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato