Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
After a 2nd watch of the Broncos games I have some observations....

*After the first drive, the Bronocs adjusted.  The Jaguars did not and couldn't find an answer for an adjustment

*Against maybe the best secondary in football we pass 2 to 1 ratio.  Just horrible.  Lawrence is asked to do too much

*DJ Chark is not a #1 receiver.  I don't think he had a catch this week.  He's a good #2 but I do not see him as a legit #1 threat. He struggles getting open against above average cb's.

*This Defensive pass rush!  Outside of that Josh Allen Sack, Bridgewater was napping back there. 

*Teams know how to beat the Jaguars.  Throw the ball deep on "50-50" balls and receivers will beat our secondary 80% of the time.  A bad pass rush mixed with a bad secondary.

*This Offensive game plan it hot garbage.  I would understand if they ran that plan with a veteran QB but they are not.  Between long bombs downfield and short passes for no gains or losses it's a horrible plan.

*James Robinson has proven he can be a really good tailback in this league. Probably our best player.  Through 2 games he has rushed the ball 16 times(4.5 ypc).  He's on pace for 128 touches the entire year.  [BLEEP]?

*Lawrence has to learn to take the check down.  Too often there are receivers underneath but he decides to go for the home run hit. He's being too greedy too often.  Learn to take your shots rook!

*Lawrence is also doing his receivers injustice too often.  Throws behind receivers, fastballs 5 yards away, sailing passes.  I did not see these issues in college so do not know why they are happening now.

*The offensive line played great yesterday.  Miller had that one coverage sack but the Denver defensive line was shut down most of the game. Barth the future RG?

*Far less penalties:  Good to see that!

*Wingard was the best player on defense yesterday.  Normally he sucks but give credit where it is due.

*Nice to see the Kick return for a TD.  Special Teams overall played great yesterday.

*Lambo is something to keep our eye on.  3 missed kicks in 2 weeks is cause for concern.  Granted 2 were long kicks but he use to be money on those.

*This maybe a 3+ year rebuild.  There is just too many holes on this team to see them being fixed in one more offseason. I was being optimistic and said 8 wins before the season but it's going to be far fewer.  This is a massive project but the good news is the Jaguars will probably be contenders for the #1 pick next year.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 04:37 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

3 win team. Lambo has fizzled out. Defense is worst in the league. We need to give the ball to Robinson 25 times per game. We need to chill on the passing 50 times a game.

I hate to say this but Josh Allen and Trevor Lawrence won’t stay here once their contract is up if we keep losing unless we break the bank.

The TE is usually a rookie QBs best friend. I know Urban went out and drafted Etienne for a great short pass catching option but they did him no favors with regard to getting a viable pass catching TE with experience. Manhertz and Farrell have 1 catch each this season and O'Shan would be a backup on any other team that hasn't lost 17 games in a row and is already hurt. As a result, Trevor has turned into Jameis.

Team needs time to gel. This is all new everything.

Good teams are good not just because of superior talent, but they've had continuity. They have a core which know and understand the team identity and plays.

We have neither.

(09-20-2021, 05:08 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Team needs time to gel. This is all new everything.

Good teams are good not just because of superior talent, but they've had continuity. They have a core which know and understand the team identity and plays.

We have neither.

We have an identity?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-20-2021, 05:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 05:08 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Team needs time to gel. This is all new everything.

We have neither.

We have an identity?

Our identity is if any of your fantasy players are playing the jags, start em

We have neither.

We have an identity?

Yes.  Losing and Losing Badly.

We are the best Losers in the History of the NFL.  Alteast we are best at something.

I quite enjoyed the touchdown from the kd

We have neither.

We have an identity?

Loki has an army. We have Wingard.

Can Trevor play defense ?

(09-20-2021, 08:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Can Trevor play defense ?

In a way.

When the offense sustains drives it keeps the defense off the filed and rested.  The defense was on the field way too much due to lack of production from the offense.

(09-20-2021, 04:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The TE is usually a rookie QBs best friend.  I know Urban went out and drafted Etienne for a great short pass catching option but they did him no favors with regard to getting a viable pass catching TE with experience.  Manhertz and Farrell have 1 catch each this season and O'Shan would be a backup on any other team that hasn't lost 17 games in a row and is already hurt.  As a result, Trevor has turned into Jameis.

Robinson and Laviska both do well as check down receivers, if you use them.  We aren't using them for some reason, or, if we do, it's too late and goes for no gain.  Trevor needs to get to his check down a beat faster.  
A TE is more for that 15 yard pass over the middle. You line him up tight, have him fake the block then run forward while the QB does play action, faking the handoff.  We can't consistently complete that type of throw right now even if we wanted to.  You just need a big guy who can surprise a linebacker and catch a ball. Collin Johnson could do it but he didn't have top end speed so Meyer (PBUH) cut him.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-20-2021, 01:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: *After the first drive, the Bronocs adjusted.  The Jaguars did not and couldn't find an answer for an adjustment

*Against maybe the best secondary in football we pass 2 to 1 ratio.  Just horrible.  Lawrence is asked to do too much

*DJ Chark is not a #1 receiver.  I don't think he had a catch this week.  He's a good #2 but I do not see him as a legit #1 threat. He struggles getting open against above average cb's.

*This Defensive pass rush!  Outside of that Josh Allen Sack, Bridgewater was napping back there. 

*Teams know how to beat the Jaguars.  Throw the ball deep on "50-50" balls and receivers will beat our secondary 80% of the time.  A bad pass rush mixed with a bad secondary.

*This Offensive game plan it hot garbage.  I would understand if they ran that plan with a veteran QB but they are not.  Between long bombs downfield and short passes for no gains or losses it's a horrible plan.

*James Robinson has proven he can be a really good tailback in this league. Probably our best player.  Through 2 games he has rushed the ball 16 times(4.5 ypc).  He's on pace for 128 touches the entire year.  [BLEEP]?

*Lawrence has to learn to take the check down.  Too often there are receivers underneath but he decides to go for the home run hit. He's being too greedy too often.  Learn to take your shots rook!

*Lawrence is also doing his receivers injustice too often.  Throws behind receivers, fastballs 5 yards away, sailing passes.  I did not see these issues in college so do not know why they are happening now.

*The offensive line played great yesterday.  Miller had that one coverage sack but the Denver defensive line was shut down most of the game. Barth the future RG?

*Wingard was the best player on defense yesterday.  Normally he sucks but give credit where it is due.

*Nice to see the Kick return for a TD.  Special Teams overall played great yesterday.

*Lambo is something to keep our eye on.  3 missed kicks in 2 weeks is cause for concern.  Granted 2 were long kicks but he use to be money on those.

*This maybe a 3+ year rebuild.  There is just too many holes on this team to see them being fixed in one more offseason. I was being optimistic and said 8 wins before the season but it's going to be far fewer.  This is a massive project but the good news is the Jaguars will probably be contenders for the #1 pick next year.

I decided after we locked up the #1 pick last year to go ahead and watch every play of the last 2 seasons at Clemson for Trevor. If you did the same, you would have seen all of those things on a pretty consistent basis the only difference here is that usually the ball just hit the ground not a defenders hands. This is a big reason why I was telling people I didn't see "generational talent" and was getting butt blasted by the forum gms who only watch highlights on this forum. 

(09-20-2021, 10:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 01:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: *After the first drive, the Bronocs adjusted.  The Jaguars did not and couldn't find an answer for an adjustment

I decided after we locked up the #1 pick last year to go ahead and watch every play of the last 2 seasons at Clemson for Trevor. If you did the same, you would have seen all of those things on a pretty consistent basis the only difference here is that usually the ball just hit the ground not a defenders hands. This is a big reason why I was telling people I didn't see "generational talent" and was getting butt blasted by the forum gms who only watch highlights on this forum. 

Lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Not throwing bad ints is a good start.

(09-20-2021, 11:59 PM)Kane Wrote:

Not throwing bad ints is a good start.

The Jaguars need to find "small ball" offensively.

What do I mean?

More running the ball.  More attempts and effectiveness in short and intermediate routes.

This should accomplish several things:

1.  Keep the team out of long yardage situations.
2.  Sustain drives
3.  Enable TL to get rid of the ball quicker
4.  Higher percentage passes
5.  Keep the defense off the field

It may not be as exciting to watch, but it should make the team more effective.

Worst case scenario for Sunday would be Arizona getting off to a fast start.  All of the above goes out the window if that happens.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-20-2021, 11:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 10:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Lol.

This is a lose lose for me sadly. If I was right, then he turns out to be meh.. that would really suck. But if he turns it around and blows everyone away then i'm wrong.

I'm kidding, I hope I was 100% wrong. I just want our team to win.

(09-21-2021, 05:28 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 11:59 PM)Kane Wrote: Not throwing bad ints is a good start.

The Jaguars need to find "small ball" offensively.

What do I mean?

More running the ball.  More attempts and effectiveness in short and intermediate routes.

This should accomplish several things:

1.  Keep the team out of long yardage situations.
2.  Sustain drives
3.  Enable TL to get rid of the ball quicker
4.  Higher percentage passes
5.  Keep the defense off the field

It may not be as exciting to watch, but it should make the team more effective.

Worst case scenario for Sunday would be Arizona getting off to a fast start.  All of the above goes out the window if that happens.
This is what i keep saying

20 carries for #25 and more high % passes - less swinging for the fences every down

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 11:36 AM by Upper.)

It's like they try to establish the small ball stuff, but abandon it quickly after it fails. Week 1 they tried running and had success but the holding calls blew up several drives and they quit. Week 2 we tried feeding Laviska the short YAC stuff but he dropped the ball or got tackled 6 yards behind the LoS and also blew up several early drives.

Maybe this week we can try to do it again but actually execute it properly and we'll see where it goes from there.