Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 3

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 05:34 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Posted early because there is a Thursday Night game.

Starting from the bottom of the division up, Jacksonville showed modest signs of improvement in the loss to Denver in the home opener, but when it's coming from the disaster that was opening weekend, that isn't saying much.  Indy fell to 0-2 with a loss at home to the Rams that saw them put up 24 points on a stingy Rams defense.  However, their OL is banged up, nd Carson Wentz now has two bad ankles and may not play this weekend.  Tennessee overcame the absence of LT Taylor Lewan (Bruised ego from week 1?) by riding RB Derrick Henry to rally to beat Seattle in Seattle.  Fincally, the Texans lost, as expected, to the Browns, but thus far has proven to not be the dumpster fire people were thinking.  But it's still early.

Last week I picked everyone in the division to lose.  Tennessee pulled out the win though, giving me a 3-1 record for last week and 4-3 after two weeks.

My picks this week...

Carolina (2-0) at Houston (1-1) Carolina is one of the league's undefeated teams traveling to Houston in a short week.  QB Sam Darnold has played well these first two weeks, showing what he can do if given some surrounding talent, and the Carolina defense has been more impressive, throttling the Jets opening week and cooling down the Saints in week 2.  Meanwhile, Tyrod Taylor played well the first two weeks, but isn't likely to play due to a hamstring injury and a short week, leaving rookie QB Davis Mills in his first start. In fact, based on this, Taylor will miss the next four weeks.  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ng-injury/ This does not bode well for Houston.  Carolina Wins 23-14.

Indianapolis (0-2) at Tennessee (1-1)-Indy is another team with injury issues at QB, as Wentz has two bad ankles.  It's possible backup QB Jacob Eason gets the start going against a Tennessee team that remembered Derrick Henry is the engine that makes this team go.  Not sure if Tennessee has fized it's leaky secondary yet, but not sure if Eason can exploit it.  Indy really needs this game, but if Henry has it going, I don't see the Colts pulling it out.  Tacks win 28-16.

Arizona (2-0) at Jacksonville (0-2)-I see the Cardinals with Kyler Murray, DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Green, Christian Kirk and Rondale Moore on offense, and see Chandler Jones and J.J. Watt on defense, and I see no way Jacksonville can compete.  We don't rush or cover well enough to slow their offense, and even if the Jaguars' OL can slow Watt and Jones (a HUGE frigging if), I'm not sure the young Trevor Lawrence can keep up.  I would love to be wrong here, but this could get ugly, folks.  Arizona 34-17.

Last week:  3-1
Overall:  4-3

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Week 1 1-2
Week 2 3-1

Carolina 24 Houston 13
Tennesee 33 Indy 10
Arizona 42 Jacksonville 17

Last week 3-1
Overall 5-2

Picked the Jags the first two weeks, hopefully the reverse psychology works:

Carolina
Tacks
Zona
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 09:17 AM by Mikey.)

5-2 overall. If the tacks had been awesome and canceled their season, I'd be 5-0. Alas.

Carolina 28 tinhorns 13 - Matt Rhule and Joe Brady make me envious every week. That they've turned Sam Darnold from a meme into a legit QB speaks to their capability. Houston having to play them with a backup is a cruel prospect.

tacks 10 horseshoes 3 - well, the tacks have screwed me two weeks in a row. So, the win-win here is either I'm right, or we have a three way tie atop the division at 1-2 (spoilers!!). I figure Vrabel assumes getting two scores is enough to beat a broken down divisional rival, and simply eats clock to get out of the game as healthy as possible.

Cards 38 Duval 13 - as said in the score prediction thread, Murray is the toughest QB we've faced thusfar, and I don't know that the coaches are smart enough to read this board and figure out that we need to run more to get the offense working and keep the Cards' O off the field. Our best hope is that the grounds crew forget to shut off the sprinklers on Saturday so that Sunday's game is played in a bog.

4-3

panthers
tacks
cards

1-6, going 0-4 by neglecting to post last week.

Tacks by a lot, Arizona by a lot, Carolina by a lot. If Indy keeps losing players, Jags may split the games between the 2 teams.

1st week went 0-3 but had not posted
2nd week 4-0 just as I feared the Tacks won
this week
Carolina
Tacks
Cards

3-1 last week
4-3 overall

Titans over Colts
Panthers over Texans
Cardinals over Jaguars
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

3-1 last week (tuck the facks) and 4-3 so far.

Another seemingly easy week to pick, this week.

I'll take the tacks, panthers and cards.

Shame for the Texans, I could have seen them winning at home if Taylor wasn't injured.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 07:52 PM by Redrunt82. Edited 1 time in total.)

Panthers
Tacks
Cards

3-1 last week

3-4 overall
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

3-1 last week. 3-4  overall.  

Panthers

Tittians

Cards 

are my picks this week.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Feels like the picks can't get easier than this.  Of course, there will probably be at least 1 huge upset...

Cardinals
Titans
Panthers

3-1 last week
3-4 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Carolina
Tennessee
Arizona

Forgot we had the Thursday night game. 5-2 through 2 weeks. I'll say cards colts.

late to the game but I had Carolina beating Houston but I won't count it.

Colts upset [BLEEP]
Cards over Jags.

5-2

(09-23-2021, 09:37 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Forgot we had the Thursday night game. 5-2 through 2 weeks. I'll say cards colts.

We have a Thursday night game next week too.

(09-22-2021, 11:05 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: Feels like the picks can't get easier than this.  Of course, there will probably be at least 1 huge upset...

Cardinals
Titans
Panthers

3-1 last week
3-4 overall

3-0 this week
6-4 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(09-22-2021, 09:49 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 3-1 last week. 3-4  overall.  

Panthers

Tittians

Cards 

are my picks this week.

3-0 this week.    moves me up too 6-4 overall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-21-2021, 05:05 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Posted early because there is a Thursday Night game.

Starting from the bottom of the division up, Jacksonville showed modest signs of improvement in the loss to Denver in the home opener, but when it's coming from the disaster that was opening weekend, that isn't saying much.  Indy fell to 0-2 with a loss at home to the Rams that saw them put up 24 points on a stingy Rams defense.  However, their OL is banged up, nd Carson Wentz now has two bad ankles and may not play this weekend.  Tennessee overcame the absence of LT Taylor Lewan (Bruised ego from week 1?) by riding RB Derrick Henry to rally to beat Seattle in Seattle.  Fincally, the Texans lost, as expected, to the Browns, but thus far has proven to not be the dumpster fire people were thinking.  But it's still early.

Last week I picked everyone in the division to lose.  Tennessee pulled out the win though, giving me a 3-1 record for last week and 4-3 after two weeks.

My picks this week...

Carolina (2-0) at Houston (1-1) Carolina is one of the league's undefeated teams traveling to Houston in a short week.  QB Sam Darnold has played well these first two weeks, showing what he can do if given some surrounding talent, and the Carolina defense has been more impressive, throttling the Jets opening week and cooling down the Saints in week 2.  Meanwhile, Tyrod Taylor played well the first two weeks, but isn't likely to play due to a hamstring injury and a short week, leaving rookie QB Davis Mills in his first start. In fact, based on this, Taylor will miss the next four weeks.  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ng-injury/ This does not bode well for Houston.  Carolina Wins 23-14.

Indianapolis (0-2) at Tennessee (1-1)-Indy is another team with injury issues at QB, as Wentz has two bad ankles.  It's possible backup QB Jacob Eason gets the start going against a Tennessee team that remembered Derrick Henry is the engine that makes this team go.  Not sure if Tennessee has fized it's leaky secondary yet, but not sure if Eason can exploit it.  Indy really needs this game, but if Henry has it going, I don't see the Colts pulling it out.  Tacks win 28-16.

Arizona (2-0) at Jacksonville (0-2)-I see the Cardinals with Kyler Murray, DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Green, Christian Kirk and Rondale Moore on offense, and see Chandler Jones and J.J. Watt on defense, and I see no way Jacksonville can compete.  We don't rush or cover well enough to slow their offense, and even if the Jaguars' OL can slow Watt and Jones (a HUGE frigging if), I'm not sure the young Trevor Lawrence can keep up.  I would love to be wrong here, but this could get ugly, folks.  Arizona 34-17.

Last week:  3-1
Overall:  4-3

This week:  3-0
Overall:  7-3

3-0, 8-2 on the year.

in a related note, screw the tacks.