Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shaq Griffin

Dude has been one of the few bright spots on this team.  He has looked like a true number 1 corner and living up to his contract so far.  Last week he shut down Hopkins and last night he liked down Chase any time he was on him and even frustrated Chase and caused an offensive PI on one play.  Looks to be a good addition so far

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Now we need to get someone on the other side. I'm not sure of what the specific breakdown is but FEELS like Campbell has given up at least 75% of the big plays. We really are a LB and CB away from the defense being above average.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021, 09:49 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-01-2021, 09:41 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Now we need to get someone on the other side. I'm not sure of what the specific breakdown is but FEELS like Campbell has given up at least 75% of the big plays. We really are a LB and CB away from the defense being above average.

I really hope Campbell impoves as this season goes on.  I do think Griffin is a good mentor for him to learn from.  I really like Griffins interviews and I think he will teach help Campbell

(10-01-2021, 09:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 09:41 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Now we need to get someone on the other side. I'm not sure of what the specific breakdown is but FEELS like Campbell has given up at least 75% of the big plays. We really are a LB and CB away from the defense being above average.

I really hope Campbell impoves as this season goes on.  I do think Griffin is a good mentor for him to learn from.  I really like Griffins interviews and I think he will teach help Campbell
Agree. The dudes' attitude is infectious, but, I think Campbell just doesn't have the tools to be a true coverage CB. His positioning is terrible. I just don't see IT. Ya know?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Campbell can’t even approach the prospect of being a good corner until he learns to play the ball. It’s a fundamental which he lacks and probably always will.

Campbell sucks. He doesn't even try to turn around and track the ball anymore. He just waits until the receiver catches the ball downfield and tries to tackle him. He makes C.J. Henderson look like look like Darrelle Revis in his prime. I can't believe we wasted a high pick on this guy. Um, wait a second......... yes I can.

Campbell needs the skill that can't be learned.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Another great game by Shaq,. Allowed 1 catch for 10 yards. Outside of week 1, he has been great for us

He needs to catch the ball.

(10-10-2021, 08:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He needs to catch the ball.

Yep, it's sea like 3 games in a row where he should of had a pick.  If he catches these balls that's hitting him in the hand he would be playing like All Pro level

He's okay I guess but he's dropped like 3 interceptions. 

He needs to hold onto those to be considered a true #1 corner imo.

(10-10-2021, 08:33 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: He's okay I guess but he's dropped like 3 interceptions. 

Those drops could have been game-changers.  

Look at this game.  The catch-fumble return for a TD in the first series could just as easily been ruled an incomplete pass.  Then Shaquille Griffin had the ball hit him in both hands with a clear path for a pick 6.  

The fact that we're getting no turnovers on D is a major concern, because the number 1 statistic to look for when determining wins or losses is turnovers.  We simply lack play-makers on D.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 09:22 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-10-2021, 09:06 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 08:33 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: He's okay I guess but he's dropped like 3 interceptions. 

Look at this game.  The catch-fumble return for a TD in the first series could just as easily been ruled an incomplete pass.  Then Shaquille Griffin had the ball hit him in both hands with a clear path for a pick 6.  

The fact that we're getting no turnovers on D is a major concern, because the number 1 statistic to look for when determining wins or losses is turnovers.  We simply lack play-makers on D.

Well they drafted a Safety with ball production for days but they seem to refuse to put him on the field, so they can play a guy they feel they have to play 30 yards deep to cover up his lack of coverage ability.

(10-10-2021, 08:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 08:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He needs to catch the ball.

Yep, it's sea like 3 games in a row where he should of had a pick.  If he catches these balls that's hitting him in the hand he would be playing like All Pro level

You're thinking of his brother.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-10-2021, 09:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 09:06 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Those drops could have been game-changers.  

Well they drafted a Safety with ball production for days but they seem to refuse to put him on the field, so they can play a guy they feel they have to play 30 yards deep to cover up his lack of coverage ability.

That is bizarre.  It's almost like playing with only 10 players on the field.  No wonder we can't stop the pass to the TE.

(10-10-2021, 09:06 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:

https://twitter.com/melinasphotos/status...MFV_A&s=19

Not only did it hit him in the hands he all but secured the thing before dropping it. If you showed me that photo and said he didn't catch the ball I wouldn't believe it.

Shaq Griffin is the Bouyee to your Ramsey if you will. He's a good number 2 corner, not the lockdown guy you want on the monster WR tho.

He needs to make the plays that are there to be made.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Do DBs practice catching? Honest question.

There’s a reason he’s a DB...