Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

I've read a lot of things that Kayvon Thibodeaux said, that sent up red flags, but I have never actually seen him be interviewed until today. He's been on NFL Network pretty much all day. Man, is he unlikable! He may be one of the most arrogant people I've ever seen. He was telling them how obvious it is that he is the best player in the draft and when they asked him any questions about his play, he just kept saying, "look at the tape." No attempts at engaging with the hosts or any attempts to show a likable personality. It was all just him just bragging about himself. I cannot imagine being stuck in a locker room with this guy. He comes across as an extremely "me first" kind of guy. I immediately got Jalen Ramsey vibes from him. One of the "draft insiders," (I can't remember his name,) said the Giants had Thibodeaux in for a visit earlier and were very "put off" by his personality. I can see why. I had him very high on my draft board, despite the red flags, but now, I think I'm gonna completely remove him. This is proof why team interviews are so important. I wish we would've had one of those with C.J. Henderson. If we did, maybe we wouldn't have wasted a high pick on him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He sounds a lot like, and so does the criticism of, Anthony Edwards during the NBA draft process. Kinda have a feeling that he's going to be crushing it and being one of the most exciting and colorful people that draws eyeballs from fans of all teams to watch when he plays like Ant does too.

(04-26-2022, 07:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've read a lot of things that Kayvon Thibodeaux said, that sent up red flags, but I have never actually seen him be interviewed until today. He's been on NFL Network pretty much all day. Man, is he unlikable! He may be one of the most arrogant people I've ever seen. He was telling them how obvious it is that he is the best player in the draft and when they asked him any questions about his play, he just kept saying, "look at the tape." No attempts at engaging with the hosts or any attempts to show a likable personality. It was all just him just bragging about himself. I cannot imagine being stuck in a locker room with this guy. He comes across as an extremely "me first" kind of guy. I immediately got Jalen Ramsey vibes from him. One of the "draft insiders," (I can't remember his name,) said the Giants had Thibodeaux in for a visit earlier and were very "put off" by his personality. I can see why. I had him very high on my draft board, despite the red flags, but now, I think I'm gonna completely remove him. This is proof why team interviews are so important. I wish we would've had one of those with C.J. Henderson. If we did, maybe we wouldn't have wasted a high pick on him.

One of those god complex type of blokes

(04-26-2022, 08:18 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: One of those god complex type of blokes

One of those blokes that simply says what every other player that reaches that level thinks, or in Hutch's case writes in a diary.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2022, 09:38 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-26-2022, 09:25 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 08:18 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: One of those god complex type of blokes

One of those blokes that simply says what every other player that reaches that level thinks, or in Hutch's case writes in a diary.

If you think it or write it down, that can be viewed as positive affirmation for motivation. Kind of like a vision board, but if you actually tell everyone you meet how great you are, that's just being an arrogant tool.

(04-26-2022, 07:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've read a lot of things that Kayvon Thibodeaux said, that sent up red flags, but I have never actually seen him be interviewed until today. He's been on NFL Network pretty much all day. Man, is he unlikable! He may be one of the most arrogant people I've ever seen. He was telling them how obvious it is that he is the best player in the draft and when they asked him any questions about his play, he just kept saying, "look at the tape." No attempts at engaging with the hosts or any attempts to show a likable personality. It was all just him just bragging about himself. I cannot imagine being stuck in a locker room with this guy. He comes across as an extremely "me first" kind of guy. I immediately got Jalen Ramsey vibes from him. One of the "draft insiders," (I can't remember his name,) said the Giants had Thibodeaux in for a visit earlier and were very "put off" by his personality. I can see why. I had him very high on my draft board, despite the red flags, but now, I think I'm gonna completely remove him. This is proof why team interviews are so important. I wish we would've had one of those with C.J. Henderson. If we did, maybe we wouldn't have wasted a high pick on him.

This is exactly why I view him as undraftable.

My opinion of him changed when I watched an interview where he was talking about him vs Neal and he acted like he worked Neal. He didn't. Not even close.

Thibs did work Neal at least a couple of times. And Neal got him a couple of times too. It was a good matchup, but both sides of the coin only put out their viewpoints positive videos.

(04-26-2022, 09:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 09:25 PM)Upper Wrote: One of those blokes that simply says what every other player that reaches that level thinks, or in Hutch's case writes in a diary.

If you think it or write it down, that can be viewed as positive affirmation for motivation. Kind of like a vision board, but if you actually tell everyone you meet how great you are, that's just being an arrogant tool.

I believe what you saw/heard could be a symptom of a narcisst, but who knows what he is like around his team mates.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-26-2022, 11:14 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 09:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If you think it or write it down, that can be viewed as positive affirmation for motivation. Kind of like a vision board, but if you actually tell everyone you meet how great you are, that's just being an arrogant tool.

I believe what you saw/heard could be a symptom of a narcisst, but who knows what he is like around his team mates.

Well, we all know another narcissist and he is like that 24/7. I don't think that is something you can turn off and on.

(04-26-2022, 11:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 11:14 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I believe what you saw/heard could be a symptom of a narcisst, but who knows what he is like around his team mates.

Well, we all know another narcissist and he is like that 24/7. I don't think that is something you can turn off and on.

Agreed
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-27-2022, 12:22 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 11:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Well, we all know another narcissist and he is like that 24/7. I don't think that is something you can turn off and on.

Agreed

Yes this type of narcissistic personality can rapidly turn toxic. We need true leaders on this team who can be steady as we try to change the culture. While it’s mostly about talent, it’s not the only thing that matters in a team sport. Think about how losing Poz (and later Campbell) led to such a change with the jags d after 2017.