Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 6

Let me start off on something of an editorial note.  I appreciate the football discussion respect shown to me on these boards, more than you guys realize, which is why I have been posting here in the boards various iterations since 2002.  That said, I have no proprietary intellectual property interest in this thread.  Conceptually it's not even an original idea.  I consider it "board property."  If time constraints or health issues somehow prevent me from posting this in a timely manner, and you take the initiative to continue the discussion by posting, you certainly owe no apologies or explanations or caveats for posting in your own style.  Heck, I don't always adhere to the same format.  To me, it's still fun reading the posts and making the picks, celebrating the ones I get right and lamenting the ones I get wrong, especially when my gut instructs me otherwise.  Mikey, Kodiak Jag and just about everyone else who has stepped up to post in my stead has done great.  I like reading what you guys think about football, even if we disagree on a given topic or point. 

Having dispensed with that, last week was a fairly easy week in terms of predictions, and I managed to go 3-0.

On to this week's games.

Miami (1-4) at Jacksonville (0-5)-in this edition of the Jaguars' London game, two struggling teams meet up across the pond.  Even though I no longer attend the games and I know Khan views these games as critical to the Jaguars financial success, I wish they had picked another team for us to play in London.  Two Florida teams should play each other in Florida.  Having been to several in state matchups over the years as a STH, I can say playing Miami and Tampa in Jacksonville adds an excitement to the atmosphere that are missing from most games.  I think moving this game oversees hurts the fans here more than most.  As for the game itself, Miami QB Tua Tagoavila returns from cracked ribs that kept him out the past three games.  It is also my understanding that struggling LT Austin Jackson (who I did NOT like last year) has been supplanted at that position by Notre Dame rookie Liam Eisenberg, who struggled in his first start last week with two holding penalties and a sack surrendered by him.  Many argue this game is winnable for Jacksonville.  It may be true, but given this team is 0-5 and injuries are mounting on offense, I'm not sure this team should be given the benefit of the doubt over anybody.  To win, the Jags must avoid turning the ball over, get the running game going, and exploit the Dolphins struggling offensive line.  The Jaguars MIGHT catch a break as Xavien Howard might be out.  I am going way out on a limb here, but Jacksonville gets its first win of the season.  Jaguars 24 Miami 21.

Indy (1-4) at Houston (1-4)-Indy lost a tough game to Baltimore they had won by most accounts.  Meanwhile, the Texans lost a close one to the Patriots.  While rookie QB Davis mills has performed fairly well for the Texans, I think his task is too tall going up against a Colts defense, especially without starting LT Laremy Tunsil, who will miss a month with a broken finger.  Colts win 27-10.

Bills (4-1) at tacks (3-2)-In a battle of two teams I loathe, the red ht Bills head to trashville to take on the tacks, fresh off a win over the Jaguars.  The Bills were my early pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl, and absent a blocked punt in week one, has very much looked the part of a legitimate Super Bowl contender so far, and their remaining schedule is ridiculously easy.  Tennessee, however, poses a potential challenge.  If Buffalo has a defensive weakness, it's against the run, and Derrick Henry can be a monster to stop.  But Buffalo's pass rush seems improved this year, and Tennessee is not protecting well.  Josh Allen's play exceeds all expectations, and the Bills offense is playing well enough to force Tennessee to pass the ball to keep up.  Considering that would take the ball out of Henry's hands and force them to pass block, that would not be good for the tacks.  I would be just fine with either team losing, but I think the Bills win this one 31-17.  Oh yeah...Screw the Bills and Screw the tacks!

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  12-5

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

3-0 last week
13-4 overall

Dolphins 27 Jaguars 23
Indy 20 Houston 13
Buffalo 40 Tennessee 23

The only one that I see as a tossup is our game. I'll bet my head instead of my heart because all that's gotten me so far is heartburn.

14-3 overall

Fins
Indy
Bills
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

12-5 overall  this week i will take 

Colts

Bills

Dolphins 

Unforttanttly no  way our jags win a game this season,first team to go 0-17 unforttanttly.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

First off, I appreciate the kind words, Bullseye. Truth is, I tend to hold off on filling in just because I love your write-ups so much! The attention to detail is lacking in my own posts, but I'm (and certainly believe I speak for all others) happy to keep the threads going when you're otherwise preoccupied. Take pride in your humility, if that's possible!

On to the prognostication...

3-0 last week, 13-4 on the season.

Phins 20 Jaguras 19: I so very want to make the pick for the Jags, but what the heck would we talk about for TWO WHOLE WEEKS if the monkey is off Urbz' back? In the score prediction thread I predicted two missed XP, so let's stay consistent, unlike our kicking game this season.

indynoplace 14 tinhorns 10: my preview for this game is just the saddest, wettest shart. That might be giving both teams too much credit, though.

BUF 69 tacks 25: I grew up on Lake Erie, root for a perennial loser often confronted with the threat of relocation and look forward to our team one day being where Buffalo is today. I can't share in Bullseye's loathing of them, but I'm sure his reasons are justifiable. Then there's the tacks. I doubt the score ends up this way, just wanted to say I think Buffalo and their fans are nice. And screw the tacks.

3-0 last week
12-5 overall

Dolphins over Jaguars
Colts over Texans
Bills over Titans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(10-14-2021, 09:05 AM)Mikey Wrote: First off, I appreciate the kind words, Bullseye. Truth is, I tend to hold off on filling in just because I love your write-ups so much! The attention to detail is lacking in my own posts, but I'm (and certainly believe I speak for all others) happy to keep the threads going when you're otherwise preoccupied. Take pride in your humility, if that's possible!

On to the prognostication...

3-0 last week, 13-4 on the season.

Phins 20 Jaguras 19: I so very want to make the pick for the Jags, but what the heck would we talk about for TWO WHOLE WEEKS if the monkey is off Urbz' back? In the score prediction thread I predicted two missed XP, so let's stay consistent, unlike our kicking game this season.

indynoplace 14 tinhorns 10: my preview for this game is just the saddest, wettest shart. That might be giving both teams too much credit, though.

BUF 69 tacks 25: I grew up on Lake Erie, root for a perennial loser often confronted with the threat of relocation and look forward to our team one day being where Buffalo is today. I can't share in Bullseye's loathing of them, but I'm sure his reasons are justifiable. Then there's the tacks. I doubt the score ends up this way, just wanted to say I think Buffalo and their fans are nice. And screw the tacks.

indynoplace sounds like how we describe Urbz's hand's relationship with Cayman Nebraska's backside.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Jags
colts
bills

11-6

Coming in 12-5, last week went with prediction though with a lot of drama for Indy. Their reward is getting the Texans now instead of when they had their QB.

I'm taking the dolphins, colts, and bills, because those are the obvious choices.

I wish I could believe in the Jaguars, but last year when I picked them to beat the dolphins and they [BLEEP] the bed I swore I wouldn't pick them again until they actually won a game. Sadly that has worked out well for my predictions, but hopefully they finally kick the streak on Sunday morning, I'm just not predicting they will. Dolphins 28 Jaguars 20 with a missed extra point.

The colts should be able to take out the texans... 17-10.

Here's to hoping the bills take out Henry's ACL on Sunday. 35-17 bills.

10-7 Jags Colts Bills

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 12:38 AM by Redrunt82. Edited 2 times in total.)

I am picking:

Dolphins
Colts
Bills

Last week:
3-0

Overall:
11-6
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Dolphins
Colts
Bills

3-0  last week
12-5  overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Miami
Indianapolis
Buffalo

Jags
Indy
Tacks
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(10-14-2021, 05:13 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Coming in 12-5, last week went with prediction though with a lot of drama for Indy. Their reward is getting the Texans now instead of when they had their QB.

I'm taking the dolphins, colts, and bills, because those are the obvious choices.

I wish I could believe in the Jaguars, but last year when I picked them to beat the dolphins and they [BLEEP] the bed I swore I wouldn't pick them again until they actually won a game. Sadly that has worked out well for my predictions, but hopefully they finally kick the streak on Sunday morning, I'm just not predicting they will. Dolphins 28 Jaguars 20 with a missed extra point.

The colts should be able to take out the texans... 17-10.

Here's to hoping the bills take out Henry's ACL on Sunday. 35-17 bills.

I can't stand the tittians either,but don't ever wish a injury to another team 2 reasons.  1. its being a bad sport  2. karma will come back to haunt your team.     please change that to hopeing bills destory the tittians score wise.

(10-14-2021, 08:36 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 12-5 overall  this week i will take 

Colts

Bills

Dolphins 

Unforttanttly no  way our jags win a game this season,first team to go 0-17 unforttanttly.

1-2 this week  overal i move to 13-7    I should've knowen better,and took tittians. i forgot after they beat us they alwys go on a 6 to 7 game win streak which stinks.

(10-14-2021, 08:26 AM)RicoTx Wrote: The only one that I see as a tossup is our game.  I'll bet my head instead of my heart because all that's gotten me so far is heartburn.

14-3 overall

Fins
Indy
Bills

Ugh.  1-2 this week.  [BLEEP] tacks.

15-5 overall
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

1-2 on the week (stinkin frickin tacks every dang week it seems) 14-6 on the season.

I think we're all chasin Rico, that right?

(10-14-2021, 11:44 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 3-0 last week
12-5 overall

Dolphins over Jaguars
Colts over Texans
Bills over Titans

1-2 this week
13-7 overall

Wow what a game last night...Nissan stadium was as loud as I can ever remember hearing it.  Screw the Bills.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(10-14-2021, 04:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags
colts
bills

11-6

2-1 makes 13-7 overall