Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever?

I saw some footage of Henry running sweeps to the left and the right and I saw no hesitation due to this foot injury.

All these people talking up Taylor for MVP when Henry had over 300 more yds than Taylor did when he got hurt are going to eat [BLEEP] in the playoffs. I think Henry is going to be a problem for every team TN plays in this playoffs.

I do not like TN but I think Henry is special. I love watching him truck people
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nope too early and Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Gayle Sayers over Henry.

Sorry i hate the throw away that Brown couldn't hang today. He played in the hate days where it was brutal compounded. He would work hard to compete no matter the era.

I love Freddy T as well for size power as well.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

After watching #4 for Bama last night, it just provided further proof that Henry is overrated.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2022, 07:51 PM by Firesky.)

This is hysterical. He's very very good, and I do believe DH will be a hall of famer, but as things currently stand (cement still wet, as his career is still going) lets be honest he's NOT EVEN THE BEST RUNNINGBACK IN HIS OWN TEAM'S HISTORY!!! i'm not even talking about Chris Johnson who also had a 2k year, or Eddie George. ... I'm referring to Earl Campbell

Earl Campbell started his career with: seasons of:

1,450 13 TD
1,697 19 TD
1,934 13 TD
1,376 10 TD

Not to mention guys like Ladainian Tomlinsson and Adrian Peterson still exist. Henry still has a chance to pass these guys, but based on his body of work it's just not there compared to them yet.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(11-01-2021, 02:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: The beginning of the end for Henry. Hate it for him, but love it for the Tacks.

This didnt age well. Tacks with AFC home field and getting back Henry. Ugh.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-14-2022, 09:44 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 02:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: The beginning of the end for Henry.  Hate it for him, but love it for the Tacks.

This didnt age well.  Tacks with AFC home field and getting back Henry.  Ugh.

Maybe let the guy play a drive before you declare he's 100%.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 06:58 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

Never saw Jim Brown, Walter Payton nor Barry Sanders play. Yet, somehow, I know they're considered the all time greats regardless of era. I know people are also high on Emmitt Smith. Then you can start looking at other players like Earl Campbell and Tony Dorsett, etc. You could even throw O.J Simpson's name in there. I still think his 2,000 yard season in 14 games in Buffalo will forever be the most impressive season any RB churned out in any era.

For me? When I go back and look at any highlights or some of the old heads that were interviewed. I would say it's Jim Brown though. Followed by Walter Payton and Barry Sanders running up behind both of them quick. Barry Sanders probably had plenty left in the tank and he would have probably went onto eclipsing damn near 20,000 career rushing yards if he really wanted it. He played the game relatively well and he was quick enough to avoid a lot of contact.

His highlight reels are a ton of fun to watch. I get a kick out of those runs he had on the Buccaneers back in the 90's.

Growing up though I did get to see quite a bit of great RB's. Faulk, Peterson, Taylor, Tomlinson, Gore & Martin. I feel like Henry and Taylor are the last of a dying breed.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 10:08 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2022, 06:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Never saw Jim Brown, Walter Payton nor Barry Sanders play. Yet, somehow, I know they're considered the all time greats regardless of era. I know people are also high on Emmitt Smith. Then you can start looking at other players like Earl Campbell and Tony Dorsett, etc. You could even throw O.J Simpson's name in there. I still think his 2,000 yard season in 14 games in Buffalo will forever be the most impressive season any RB churned out in any era.

For me? When I go back and look at any highlights or some of the old heads that were interviewed. I would say it's Jim Brown though. Followed by Walter Payton and Barry Sanders running up behind both of them quick. Barry Sanders probably had plenty left in the tank and he would have probably went onto eclipsing damn near 20,000 career rushing yards if he really wanted it. He played the game relatively well and he was quick enough to avoid a lot of contact.

His highlight reels are a ton of fun to watch. I get a kick out of those runs he had on the Buccaneers back in the 90's.

Growing up though I did get to see quite a bit of great RB's. Faulk, Peterson, Taylor, Tomlinson, Gore & Martin. I feel like Henry and Taylor are the last of a dying breed.

I grew up after the Jim Brown era but I understand he was just bigger, stronger, and quicker than the rest so I'll accept him being the greatest RB of all time.  That said, the greatest RB that I've ever seen play was OJ Simpson.  He was pretty much a 1 man show in Buffalo.   He was like a bigger version of Tony Dorsett.  His cut backs were unreal.  I'd have to say Earl Campbell was probably the most fun to watch as he was so big, quick, and reckless.  Luckily the Steelers were able to shut him down in 3 consecutive playoff games but he was pretty amazing.

(01-18-2022, 10:06 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 06:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Never saw Jim Brown, Walter Payton nor Barry Sanders play. Yet, somehow, I know they're considered the all time greats regardless of era. I know people are also high on Emmitt Smith. Then you can start looking at other players like Earl Campbell and Tony Dorsett, etc. You could even throw O.J Simpson's name in there. I still think his 2,000 yard season in 14 games in Buffalo will forever be the most impressive season any RB churned out in any era.

I grew up after the Jim Brown era but I understand he was just bigger, stronger, and quicker than the rest so I'll accept him being the greatest RB of all time.  That said, the greatest RB that I've ever seen play was OJ Simpson.  He was pretty much a 1 man show in Buffalo.   He was like a bigger version of Tony Dorsett.  His cut backs were unreal.  I'd have to say Earl Campbell was probably the most fun to watch as he was so big, quick, and reckless.  Luckily the Steelers were able to shut him down in 3 consecutive playoff games but he was pretty amazing.

My dad was born in 1966. He was a bit of a military brat so him and his sisters were into different teams as they moved around a lot. 

Despite being born a stone's throw away from Arrowhead Stadium and being able to hear the Chiefs crowd on Sunday's. 

He was a Steelers fan all the way up until 1995 after Jacksonville officially had a team LOL. He told me flat out his favorite runningback was Franco Harris growing up. Just enjoyed the way that team in general played throughout that entire 1970's run. 

His favorite runningback of all time though is Herschel Walker (Bulldogs fans here). He said he may not have amounted to what he should have been in the NFL but he sure as [BLEEP] amounted for Jimmy Johnson's dynasty in Dallas. Just wasn't the same guy in the NFL after being shipped up to the twin cities.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."