Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Derrick Henry the best RB ever?

(11-01-2021, 12:56 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 11:47 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: So Henry had a serious foot injury. It's probably the end of his big run. If it is then let's say the rest of his career looks something like this:

2022: 150 carries, 700 yards, 8 TDs
2023: 130 carries, 550 yards, 6 TDs
2024 (on a new team after the titans release him): 200 carries, 900 yards, 10 TDs
2025: 100 carries, 350 yards, 2 TDs.

Giving him career totals of around 8500 yards and 91 TDs. Is he a Hall of famer with no big Superbowl performances or anything like that?

Probably not, he's already 27, will be 28 in January, and a chronic foot problem is pretty much the worst condition a running back can have. It's likely he finishes out his career over the next few years as a lesser player that gets released because of his salary, maybe has one last hurrah for a better team (maybe the Jaguars?) Then becomes another guy whose career just wasn't long enough to be a hall of famer.

Exactly --- Jamal Lewis finished a 9 year career with 10,600 yards rushing and 1,800 yards receiving and NOBODY thinks he's a hall of famer.

My friend you've absolutely achieved Poe's Law.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-19-2021, 06:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: No. He's very, very good and has some elite traits, but the great ones had a broader skill set in the "elite" column. 

He's on a ridiculous pace right now that may break a 2 season record, but I definitely do not see longevity being part of his career arc.
Injury is likely to slow his pace at some point before he can realize the numbers. 

I wish he played for another team so I could root for a local 904 product, but even then, I'd predict his chances of still being relevant in 6 years are slim. If he's going to prove to be among the elite he's going to have to get a lot done in the next 4 years IMO.

He may prove me wrong and stay healthy for years despite his style of play, but I'm skeptical. The modern NFL isn't a welcoming place for a RB looking to record HOF numbers these days.  They get used up and cast aside.

Damn. 

I wasn't trying to wish this on the guy, but it sure as hell seems to be happening.

The beginning of the end for Henry. Hate it for him, but love it for the Tacks.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

End of the Titans as we knew them.

Henry is only human, and he's suffering the plague that afflicts all players of his style. 4 or 5 seasons of pounding wears out any player.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-01-2021, 11:47 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-19-2021, 10:16 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: That there's talk about his place in history says a lot, but right now he's almost 12000 yards and 100 TDs off the career lead. But he's playing great and it's not unrealistic for him to finish his career among the leaders.

That being said if he had an injury injury next week that either ended his career or lowered his production significantly would you say he's the greatest running back ever?

Talking about the greatest is a difficult thing, but right now he's done a good job getting the start of a Hall of Fame resume ready.

So Henry had a serious foot injury. It's probably the end of his big run. If it is then let's say the rest of his career looks something like this:

2024 (on a new team after the titans release him): 200 carries, 900 yards, 10 TDs

Giving him career totals of around 8500 yards and 91 TDs. Is he a Hall of famer with no big Superbowl performances or anything like that?

Probably not, he's already 27, will be 28 in January, and a chronic foot problem is pretty much the worst condition a running back can have. It's likely he finishes out his career over the next few years as a lesser player that gets released because of his salary, maybe has one last hurrah for a better team (maybe the Jaguars?) Then becomes another guy whose career just wasn't long enough to be a hall of famer.

outside of AP, are there any RB who broke 2K not in the HOF?

I say he gets in, partly because the HOF is presently the Hall of Recognizable.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 09:26 AM by SeldomRite.)

(11-02-2021, 09:15 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 11:47 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: So Henry had a serious foot injury. It's probably the end of his big run. If it is then let's say the rest of his career looks something like this:

outside of AP, are there any RB who broke 2K not in the HOF?

I say he gets in, partly because the HOF is presently the Hall of Recognizable.

One was mentioned earlier, Jamal Lewis. There's also Chris Johnson (another titan).

I know the hall voters inducted TD, which means pretty much anyone can get in, but that doesn't mean just anyone will.

This division is so up for grabs. If only the jags could get hot. Henry being hurt could mean the titans are in trouble soon

(11-03-2021, 06:29 AM)Jag88 Wrote: This division is so up for grabs. If only the jags could get hot. Henry being hurt could mean the titans are in trouble soon

Lol, they've been hot garbage for almost 3 full seasons as it is. And it's not going to get better anytime soon.

(11-03-2021, 06:29 AM)Jag88 Wrote: This division is so up for grabs. If only the jags could get hot. Henry being hurt could mean the titans are in trouble soon

Hot?

[BLEEP], I'd take adequate at this point.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

dude, whatever narcotics they're giving you, I want a double dose.

There's a difference between optimism and delusion. This is nowhere near a playoff team. We're not even close to a team that barely misses the playoffs. We're a far cry from Jeff Fisher's 7-9 [baloney]. There may be a win or two to come, but the division is not gonna happen.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 08:23 AM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-03-2021, 09:15 AM)Mikey Wrote:

dude, whatever narcotics they're giving you, I want a double dose.

There's a difference between optimism and delusion. This is nowhere near a playoff team. We're not even close to a team that barely misses the playoffs. We're a far cry from Jeff Fisher's 7-9 [baloney]. There may be a win or two to come, but the division is not gonna happen.

It's just some teal drink. Particularly some jim beam teal and coke. No narcotics. It's not likely. I was just saying this particular season this division is really weak

(11-04-2021, 03:19 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 09:15 AM)Mikey Wrote: dude, whatever narcotics they're giving you, I want a double dose.

It's just some teal drink. Particularly some jim beam teal and coke. No narcotics. It's not likely. I was just saying this particular season this division is really weak

There's your problem. Use some Gentleman Jack or Woodford Reserve instead. If you wanna get really worked up use Bacardi 151. Wait, nevermind on the Bacardi, I know from experience slurred typing is not a good look.

^^ I guess haha

(11-05-2021, 02:31 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 03:19 AM)Jag88 Wrote: It's just some teal drink. Particularly some jim beam teal and coke. No narcotics. It's not likely. I was just saying this particular season this division is really weak

There's your problem. Use some Gentleman Jack or Woodford Reserve instead. If you wanna get really worked up use Bacardi 151. Wait, nevermind on the Bacardi, I know from experience slurred typing is not a good look.

Ish notz??

(11-04-2021, 03:19 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 09:15 AM)Mikey Wrote: dude, whatever narcotics they're giving you, I want a double dose.

It is very weak. And yet the Jags will likely be 8 games behind the division winner.

(11-01-2021, 08:17 PM)JW Wrote: End of the Titans as we knew them.

They just played their best game.  LOL.  

I do not think missing Henry is gonna hurt them considering the gauntlet they just went through.  The rest of their schedule is very manageable.  Henry should be back Jan 4th for week 17 if they need him.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 04:26 PM by rpr52121.)

Do y'all think Henry will come back the injury just as good as he left or take a game to get back into form? Of course the Titans have to take that bet, but it I don't think they can back on him back at full go in playoffs week 2 after such a long layoff.

I don’t know if Henry is the best, but he sure makes some hellaciously awesome highlight film. Usually at the expense of Jaguars players.

No.