Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 10

Last week in the division, the loathsome and detestable first place tacks were thought by many to be vulnerable once Derrick Henry went down for possibly the rest of the year with the foot injury.  However, with a defense playing much better than they played last year and an offense showing ability in the passing game, went on the road and thumped the Rams on national television and now find themselves atop the AFC standings.  The second place Colts, trying to stay within shouting distance of the tacks, put up 45 on the Jets on national television.  The last place Texans, trying to stay in the running for the top overall pick, lost to Miami.  But the biggest surprise of the week happened in Jacksonville, where 15 point underdog Jacksonville Jaguars shocked the league and spanked the Bills 9-6, in a game that, frankly, could have been a bigger Jacksonville win.  There were two missed TD passes-one a drop by Agnew, the other an overthrow by Trevor Lawrence due to pressure from a blitzing bills LB Edwards.  There was an inexplicable fumble by RB Carlos Hyde right before halftime deep in Bills territory that took at least a FG off the board, and then there was a missed FG.  But the secret the national media isn't talking about is the Jaguars' defense dominated at the LOS, shutting down the Bills running game and pressured and harassed the Bills QB all game long.

With all of the unexpected results, I had a tough week picking finishing 2-2...but given that my Jaguars beat the Bills, I'll gladly take it.  There are only two games this week because the Texans have the bye this week.

On to the picks

Saints (5-3) at tacks (7-2)-Flat out, the tacks are on a roll.  The Saints, with a backup QB, on the road?  As much as I'd love to see the Saints thump the tacks, it ain't gonna happen.  Titans win 28-13.

Jaguars (2-6) at Colts (4-5)-fresh off the monumental upset of presumed Super Bowl contender Buffahole, the Jaguars, winners of 2 out of their last 3, travel to Indianoplace to take on the Colts.  The Jaguars have fared well against the colts in recent years.  The one win last year was against the Colts.  The Jaguars seem better equipped defensively to face the Colts than they were last year.  The Jaguars are stronger against the run than they were last year, when we finished 31st in run defense.  However, I am not sure offensively we are in as good a shape.  Lawrence returned to the game against the Bills after giving Jags nation a scare with an ankle injury.  He will be limited in practice.  Also, we have no ability to separate at WR.  finally, I have to give the Colts some credit.  They were banged up along the OL earlier in the year.  But they have slowly gotten healthy as the season has progressed, and they are actually a pretty good offense, and have put up some points.  The Jaguars followed up the Miami win with a stinker against Seattle.  As impressive as the Jaguars win was against the Bills, and as much as I want to believe the Jaguars have turned the corner, until the Jaguars show they can handle winning, I have to pick the Colts here.  Colts win 24-20.

Last week:  2-2
Overall:  21-9

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

22-8 overall
2-2 last week

Clots
tacks
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Last week 1-3
Overall 18-12

Tennessee 27 New Orleans 17
Indianapolis 19 Jacksonville 17

2-2 last week
20-10 overall

Titans over Saints
Colts over Jaguars
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

18-12

clots
tacks

19-11 overall  

tittians 

Colts

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Titans
Colts

1-3 last week
18-12 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2021, 10:19 AM by Redrunt82. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: spelling )

Tacks
Clots

Last week:
2-2

Overall:
18-12
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

1-3 last week, 20-10 on the year. no progress for anyone this week it seems, tacks and colts for me too.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...s-jaguars/

Might be a little easier offensively for us.

1-3 last week, 19-11 overall.

If the Jaguars win this game I'll pick them a lot more going forward, but I'm not ready for that yet. 23-17 colts.

This titans game seems like a prime one for them to get caught looking past a team. Got up big-time for the rams game, now they have a team they'll think they should beat... I'm taking the saints in an upset here. Saints 17-13.

(11-10-2021, 10:55 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week in the division, the loathsome and detestable first place tacks were thought by many to be vulnerable once Derrick Henry went down for possibly the rest of the year with the foot injury.  However, with a defense playing much better than they played last year and an offense showing ability in the passing game, went on the road and thumped the Rams on national television and now find themselves atop the AFC standings.  The second place Colts, trying to stay within shouting distance of the tacks, put up 45 on the Jets on national television.  The last place Texans, trying to stay in the running for the top overall pick, lost to Miami.  But the biggest surprise of the week happened in Jacksonville, where 15 point underdog Jacksonville Jaguars shocked the league and spanked the Bills 9-6, in a game that, frankly, could have been a bigger Jacksonville win.  There were two missed TD passes-one a drop by Agnew, the other an overthrow by Trevor Lawrence due to pressure from a blitzing bills LB Edwards.  There was an inexplicable fumble by RB Carlos Hyde right before halftime deep in Bills territory that took at least a FG off the board, and then there was a missed FG.  But the secret the national media isn't talking about is the Jaguars' defense dominated at the LOS, shutting down the Bills running game and pressured and harassed the Bills QB all game long.

With all of the unexpected results, I had a tough week picking finishing 2-2...but given that my Jaguars beat the Bills, I'll gladly take it.  There are only two games this week because the Texans have the bye this week.

On to the picks

Saints (5-3) at tacks (7-2)-Flat out, the tacks are on a roll.  The Saints, with a backup QB, on the road?  As much as I'd love to see the Saints thump the tacks, it ain't gonna happen.  Titans win 28-13.

Jaguars (2-6) at Colts (4-5)-fresh off the monumental upset of presumed Super Bowl contender Buffahole, the Jaguars, winners of 2 out of their last 3, travel to Indianoplace to take on the Colts.  The Jaguars have fared well against the colts in recent years.  The one win last year was against the Colts.  The Jaguars seem better equipped defensively to face the Colts than they were last year.  The Jaguars are stronger against the run than they were last year, when we finished 31st in run defense.  However, I am not sure offensively we are in as good a shape.  Lawrence returned to the game against the Bills after giving Jags nation a scare with an ankle injury.  He will be limited in practice.  Also, we have no ability to separate at WR.  finally, I have to give the Colts some credit.  They were banged up along the OL earlier in the year.  But they have slowly gotten healthy as the season has progressed, and they are actually a pretty good offense, and have put up some points.  The Jaguars followed up the Miami win with a stinker against Seattle.  As impressive as the Jaguars win was against the Bills, and as much as I want to believe the Jaguars have turned the corner, until the Jaguars show they can handle winning, I have to pick the Colts here.  Colts win 24-20.

Last week:  2-2
Overall:  21-9

This week:  2-0
Overall:  23-9

(11-10-2021, 03:32 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 19-11 overall  

tittians 

Colts

2-0 this week. overall record moves to   21-11

(11-10-2021, 11:21 AM)RicoTx Wrote: 22-8 overall
2-2 last week

Clots
tacks

Too easy this week.  2-0

24-8 overall
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 04:30 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

I will be out of town next week.  going to see family  at thanksgiveing.  Its best dad,and i are with family  this year. First thanksgiveing without mom who passed away in augest.

anyways is it ok if i make my picks for next week today please?    21-11 overall. this week i will  take 

tittians

49ers

Bills

(11-15-2021, 09:27 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I will be out of town next week.  going to se family  at thanksgiveing.  Its best dad,and i are with family  this year. First thanksgiveing without mom who passed away in augest.

anyways is it ok if i make my picks for next week today please?    21-11 overall. this week i will  take 

tittians

49ers

Bills

Missed that before. Sorry for your loss Wolf. And yes, being with family is always a good thing.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 12:04 PM by Mikey. Edited 1 time in total.)

chalk week, 2-0 as well, 22-10 on the year.

(11-10-2021, 01:56 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 2-2 last week
20-10 overall

Titans over Saints
Colts over Jaguars

2-0 this week
22-10 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(11-15-2021, 10:50 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 09:27 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I will be out of town next week.  going to se family  at thanksgiveing.  Its best dad,and i are with family  this year. First thanksgiveing without mom who passed away in augest.

tittians

49ers

Bills

Missed that before. Sorry for your loss Wolf. And yes, being with family is always a good thing.

thank you,its been tough on both dad,and i. Super tough on him though.