Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 12

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 09:46 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

First off, I want to wish everyone a Happy and safe Thanksgiving weekend.   I urge you all not to drink and drive.  Since I don't drink, my goals for the weekend is to not cuss out any family members and to enjoy as much football as I can.

Last week was rough from a picking perspective.  I went 1-2, not expecting the Texans would beat the tacks or the Colts to go into Buffahole and mollywop the Bills.  On top of that, though I picked the game correctly, the Jaguars had one of those morale sucking, up at dawn pride swallowing siege, step back games that makes Jaguars fans wonder if this thing will ever turn around.  If my recollection is true, that represented my first losing week of the season.  Ugh.

Hopefully, there will be all around improvement this week.

Falcons (4-6) at Jaguars (2-8)-If you are looking for an aerial circus, this isn't the game to watch, as both teams are clearly in the bottom 3rd of passing offenses.  The Jaguars are 29th in passing yards, last in passer rating, and next to last in passing TDs.  Meanwhile, the Falcons have been far more productive in terms of putting the ball in the end zone through the air with nearly twice the passing TDs, they are but 23rd in passing yardage, and 25th in passer rating.  A couple of troubling trends for the Jaguars passing attack (as if those weren't enough).  First, whereas for much of the year, they were among the lowest in terms of sacks allowed, now they are in the middle of the pack, one behind the falcons.  On top of that, the injuries to the skill players are decimating an already hamstrung offense.  That said, the Jaguars have shown improvement defensively, in the middle of the pack in terms of pass yards allowed and run defense.  The Falcons, on the other hand are last in sacks, 22md in run defense.  I don't think either team is a great powerhouse, and I know this is me looking through teal glasses, but this represents one of the last, best chances for the Jaguars to win.  The Falcons have not played well these past couple of games.  I think the slide continues.  Jaguars win 20-17.

Buccaneers (7-3) at Colts (6-5)-In what looks to be the most compelling game on the schedule, the defending Champion Bucs travel to Indy to take on the red hot Colts.  After an injury laden slow start, the Colts have been playing very well because they are finally getting healthy.  I know this seems disrespectful under the circumstances, as it seems I have underestimated the Colts all year, but I don't think they beat Tampa.  Tampa wins 31-27.

N.Y. Jets (2-8) at Texans (2-8)-this is one of those Repus Bowl, draft position determining games that are on the schedule every year.  Before all is said and done, the fans of the winning team here may regret winning this game.  Zach Wilson returns to action after being off for a month due to injury and Mike White playing out of his mind the first week or two.  I'm thinking the Jets win this game, because sometimes benching a rookie can do the rookie some good.  Jets win 21-20.

tacks (8-3) at Patriots (7-4)-In another compelling game, the loathsome and detestable tacks travel to Foxboro to take on the Cheatriots.    Can Belichick devise a way to shut down the tacks who are without Derrick Henry? I'm betting they will.  Patriots win 23-17.

Last week:  1-2
Overall:  24-11

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll go falcons, texans, bucs, and pats.

Falcons because even though their defense isn't great I can't picture the Jaguars scoring more than about 13 points, and I can easily picture the falcons scoring much more against our depleted secondary. Something like 23-13 falcons.

Texans because they have their starting QB and it's not like Wilson is good. Something like 20-16 texans.

Bucs because I think they can stop the run adequately, but since it's in Indy it'll be a tough game. Something like 28-24 bucs.

Finally the hated tacks lose because the game is in Foxborough, and I expect there to be plenty of shenanigans like headsets mysteriously failing for the titans during crucial portions of the game and such. If the game were in tennessee I'd expect the tacks to win. I'm thinking something like 20-17 pats.

Coming into this week 20-15 after erroneously expecting the Jaguars to be able to put up a fight against a team that primarily runs the ball. I didn't expect the defense to implode early in the game to the extent that it did.

0-3 last week
24-11 overall

This could be a tough week.. Seems like lots of tossup games.

Falcons
Pats
Jets
Colts
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Falcons
Titans
Texans
Colts

0-3 last week
20-15 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Falcons
Bucs
Texans
Pats

Last week:
1-2

Overall:
21-14
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Overall 21-14
Last week 1-2

Falcons 9 Jaguars 3
Bucs 27 Colts 23
Jets 17 Texans 13
Patriots 31 Titans 20

Falcons over Jaguars
Buccaneers over Colts
Jets over Texans
Patriots over Titans

2-1 last week
24-11 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

21-14

falcons
bucs
tinhorns
pats

1-2 last week, 23-12

no analysis, just picks:
Failcons 21 Jags 13
TB 24 indy 20
tinhorns 13 Jest 10
Pats 31 tacks 17

(11-25-2021, 09:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote: First off, I want to wish everyone a Happy and safe Thanksgiving weekend.   I urge you all not to drink and drive.  Since I don't drink, my goals for the weekend is to not cuss out any family members and to enjoy as much football as I can.

Last week was rough from a picking perspective.  I went 1-2, not expecting the Texans would beat the tacks or the Colts to go into Buffahole and mollywop the Bills.  On top of that, though I picked the game correctly, the Jaguars had one of those morale sucking, up at dawn pride swallowing siege, step back games that makes Jaguars fans wonder if this thing will ever turn around.  If my recollection is true, that represented my first losing week of the season.  Ugh.

Hopefully, there will be all around improvement this week.

Falcons (4-6) at Jaguars (2-8)-If you are looking for an aerial circus, this isn't the game to watch, as both teams are clearly in the bottom 3rd of passing offenses.  The Jaguars are 29th in passing yards, last in passer rating, and next to last in passing TDs.  Meanwhile, the Falcons have been far more productive in terms of putting the ball in the end zone through the air with nearly twice the passing TDs, they are but 23rd in passing yardage, and 25th in passer rating.  A couple of troubling trends for the Jaguars passing attack (as if those weren't enough).  First, whereas for much of the year, they were among the lowest in terms of sacks allowed, now they are in the middle of the pack, one behind the falcons.  On top of that, the injuries to the skill players are decimating an already hamstrung offense.  That said, the Jaguars have shown improvement defensively, in the middle of the pack in terms of pass yards allowed and run defense.  The Falcons, on the other hand are last in sacks, 22md in run defense.  I don't think either team is a great powerhouse, and I know this is me looking through teal glasses, but this represents one of the last, best chances for the Jaguars to win.  The Falcons have not played well these past couple of games.  I think the slide continues.  Jaguars win 20-17.

Buccaneers (7-3) at Colts (6-5)-In what looks to be the most compelling game on the schedule, the defending Champion Bucs travel to Indy to take on the red hot Colts.  After an injury laden slow start, the Colts have been playing very well because they are finally getting healthy.  I know this seems disrespectful under the circumstances, as it seems I have underestimated the Colts all year, but I don't think they beat Tampa.  Tampa wins 31-27.

N.Y. Jets (2-8) at Texans (2-8)-this is one of those Repus Bowl, draft position determining games that are on the schedule every year.  Before all is said and done, the fans of the winning team here may regret winning this game.  Zach Wilson returns to action after being off for a month due to injury and Mike White playing out of his mind the first week or two.  I'm thinking the Jets win this game, because sometimes benching a rookie can do the rookie some good.  Jets win 21-20.

tacks (8-3) at Patriots (7-4)-In another compelling game, the loathsome and detestable tacks travel to Foxboro to take on the Cheatriots.    Can Belichick devise a way to shut down the tacks who are without Derrick Henry? I'm betting they will.  Patriots win 23-17.

Last week:  1-2
Overall:  24-11
This week:  3-1
Overall:  27-12

If only I had kept my teal colored glasses in the drawer.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-26-2021, 07:05 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: Falcons
Titans
Texans
Colts

0-3 last week
20-15 overall

1-3 this week
21-18 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(11-25-2021, 10:45 AM)RicoTx Wrote: 0-3 last week
24-11 overall

This could be a tough week.. Seems like lots of tossup games.

Falcons
Pats
Jets
Colts

3-1
27-12
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-27-2021, 08:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 21-14

falcons
bucs
tinhorns
pats

3-1
=
24-15

(11-27-2021, 10:30 PM)Mikey Wrote: 1-2 last week, 23-12

no analysis, just picks:
Failcons 21 Jags 13
TB 24 indy 20
tinhorns 13 Jest 10
Pats 31 tacks 17

dang, missed the score by a 2pt conversion over PAT.

3-1 on the week, 26-13 thusfar.

(11-27-2021, 03:18 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Falcons over Jaguars
Buccaneers over Colts
Jets over Texans
Patriots over Titans

2-1 last week
24-11 overall

4-0 this week
28-11 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.