Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 13

Last week in the AFC South, the Jaguars once again disappointed with a slew of killer penalties, talent deficiencies, and poor coaching in a loss to the Falcons in what appears to be one of the last remaining winnable games on the schedule. However, on a good note, the rest of the division lost too.  The loathsome and detestable tacks lost to the Cheatriots in a game where a lot went wrong for them...like their kicker hitting the upright...twice.  The Colts lost a tough game at home to the champion Bucs, in what seemed a case of next week karma.  Jon Taylor ran for 5 TDs against the Bills two weeks agi, but last week, former Jaguar 1st round pick Leonard Fournette scored 4 TDs against the Colts.   Finally, the Texans lost to the Jets in undoubtedly one of the uglier games.

Picks wise, aside from not keeping a handle on my Jaguars homerism, I otherwise did okay picking last week finishing 3-1.

The tacks have the bye this week, so there are only two divisional games on the slate.  It looks like an easy week, but anything can happen theoretically.

My picks:

Colts (6-6) at Texans (2-9)-This game will get ugly.  Though the Colts lost last week, they have been playing well of late.  Texans are not match for them.  Screw em both, I say, but the Colts win 31-10.

Jaguars (2-9) at L.A. Rams (7-4)-The Rams have lost 3 straight games despite having a roster that, on paper, has to rank among the most talented in the league.  But fear not, Rams fans.  Your slump buster is here with the Jaguars.  I see no way the Jaguars control Aaron Donald, especially when the team struggled to block Grady Jarrett last week.  I see no way Jawaan Taylor successfully blocks Von Miller.  I see no way any of our receivers beat Jalen Ramsey.  I see no way the Jaguars win on the West Coast. Maybe if the Jaguars dedicate themselves toa a physical run oriented attack and create some turnovers on defense, they can flirt with keeping things respectable.  But who am I kidding?   This one will produce projectile vomiting for us Jaguars fans.  Rams win 27-7.

Last Week:  3-1
Overall:  27-12

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

3-1 last week
27-12 overall

In two laughers,

Clots
Ramseys
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

3-1 last week, two games out of first at 26-13.

Let's put some chalk down, stagnant week for TWITAFCS

indynoplace 26 tinhorns 18: Bullseye is right that indy has been playing well recently. The tinhorns are so fricking random, though, they give the divisional rivals a scare but fall shy of another eye-popping upset.

ROMS threeve Duval 10: The Lions had a better record in November than the Roms. Nothing cures a team's woes like facing Shad's boys, though. This is either going to end up the type of game where they get the lead early, and then sit on the ball for the rest of the game or one where they open everything up and break the scoreboard. Either way, it won't be pretty for Jags fans.

what I wouldn't give for the tacks to take an L against Bye.

Last week 4-0
25-14 overall

Colts 33 Texans 9
Rams 19 Jaguars 3

24-15

clots
rams

4-0 last week
28-11 overall

Colts over Texans
Rams over Jaguars

Finally the bye arrives...my Titans desperately need to get some guys healthy.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Bump up for less confusion.

23-16 coming into the week.

Colts and rams, obviously. Colts because they're a decent team, rams because the Jaguars are the ultimate get well opponent, and the rams need to get well.

Something like 31-10 colts and 35-3 rams.

this is almost a throwaway week...is anyone daring enough to pick either underdog??

22-17 overall. 

Texans are hot right now. colts lost a tought one to the bucs.   this week i will pick the 

Texans

Jags win in a shocker

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Colts
Rams
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Colts
Rams

Last week:
3-1

Overall:
24-15
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

(12-01-2021, 05:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week in the AFC South, the Jaguars once again disappointed with a slew of killer penalties, talent deficiencies, and poor coaching in a loss to the Falcons in what appears to be one of the last remaining winnable games on the schedule. However, on a good note, the rest of the division lost too.  The loathsome and detestable tacks lost to the Cheatriots in a game where a lot went wrong for them...like their kicker hitting the upright...twice.  The Colts lost a tough game at home to the champion Bucs, in what seemed a case of next week karma.  Jon Taylor ran for 5 TDs against the Bills two weeks agi, but last week, former Jaguar 1st round pick Leonard Fournette scored 4 TDs against the Colts.   Finally, the Texans lost to the Jets in undoubtedly one of the uglier games.

Picks wise, aside from not keeping a handle on my Jaguars homerism, I otherwise did okay picking last week finishing 3-1.

The tacks have the bye this week, so there are only two divisional games on the slate.  It looks like an easy week, but anything can happen theoretically.

My picks:

Colts (6-6) at Texans (2-9)-This game will get ugly.  Though the Colts lost last week, they have been playing well of late.  Texans are not match for them.  Screw em both, I say, but the Colts win 31-10.

Jaguars (2-9) at L.A. Rams (7-4)-The Rams have lost 3 straight games despite having a roster that, on paper, has to rank among the most talented in the league.  But fear not, Rams fans.  Your slump buster is here with the Jaguars.  I see no way the Jaguars control Aaron Donald, especially when the team struggled to block Grady Jarrett last week.  I see no way Jawaan Taylor successfully blocks Von Miller.  I see no way any of our receivers beat Jalen Ramsey.  I see no way the Jaguars win on the West Coast. Maybe if the Jaguars dedicate themselves toa a physical run oriented attack and create some turnovers on defense, they can flirt with keeping things respectable.  But who am I kidding?   This one will produce projectile vomiting for us Jaguars fans.  Rams win 27-7.

Last Week:  3-1
Overall:  27-12
This week:  2-0
Overall:  29-12

Sad to say, this week was very easy.  Not that I am necessarily opposed to easy weeks.  I just wish I could easily and accurately predict the Jaguars to win, instead of easily and accurately predicting them to lose like most of us did this week.

(12-02-2021, 06:10 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 22-17 overall. 

Texans are hot right now. colts lost a tought one to the bucs.   this week i will pick the 

Texans

Jags win in a shocker

0-2 this week dropped to 22-19 overall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

2-0
29-12

Far too easy. As I predicted, two laughers.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-01-2021, 12:36 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 4-0 last week
28-11 overall

Colts over Texans
Rams over Jaguars

2-0 this week
30-11 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

2-0 like (almost) everyone else, 28-13.

overestimated the Roms and tinhorns, but thankfully neither burned me for it.

28-11 overall

Colts over Texans
Rams over Jaguars

Is the receiving core estimated to be back right after the bye?

I had the feeling it would take longer.

(12-06-2021, 12:47 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
28-11 overall

Colts over Texans
Rams over Jaguars

Is the receiving core estimated to be back right after the bye?

Partially.  AJ Brown is out a few more weeks.  Julio is slated to return, but I suspect they'll ease him back into it.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 04:31 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-06-2021, 03:46 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 12:47 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Is the receiving core estimated to be back right after the bye?

Partially.  AJ Brown is out a few more weeks.  Julio is slated to return, but I suspect they'You ll ease him back into it.
You won't need either guy against us.