Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew Starting for Eagles

(12-06-2021, 07:19 PM)Newton Wrote: Minshew should never have been let go from this team. He has proven on the field that he can play. Now that we see Lawrence’s struggles, we can appreciate what Gardner was working with last year (not much).

lol he didn't look very good today... Got lucky a couple balls weren't intercepted.. and was constantly throwing behind players... He's a backup for a reason...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Did he play enough snaps to improve the pick?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 12:24 AM by mal234. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm glad that Gardner got another TD towards the very end here, lol. He now has 41 TDs to 12 INTs in his career. That is a pretty solid ratio. Tonight's half was much rougher for the Eagles offense, and the Cowboys ended up dominating this game. But I'm still glad he got to play and that may benefit the Eagles if they do end up needing him to play in the playoffs for some reason. I think tonight's game allowed him to knock off some more rust, since he's only played one other game this year. He looked good with the starters against the Jets and I think he would fare better if he played with them again.

(01-09-2022, 12:02 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 07:19 PM)Newton Wrote: Minshew should never have been let go from this team. He has proven on the field that he can play. Now that we see Lawrence’s struggles, we can appreciate what Gardner was working with last year (not much).

lol he didn't look very good today... Got lucky a couple balls weren't intercepted.. and was constantly throwing behind players... He's a backup for a reason...

Our C.J. is as good if not better and he can see over the linemen in the middle.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(01-09-2022, 12:22 AM)mal234 Wrote: I'm glad that Gardner got another TD towards the very end here, lol. He now has 41 TDs to 12 INTs in his career. That is a pretty solid ratio. Tonight's half was much rougher for the Eagles offense, and the Cowboys ended up dominating this game. But I'm still glad he got to play and that may benefit the Eagles if they do end up needing him to play in the playoffs for some reason. I think tonight's game allowed him to knock off some more rust, since he's only played one other game this year. He looked good with the starters against the Jets and I think he would fare better if he played with them again.

He was without 3 players on Offense, it's not like his entire team was out. The majority of their inactives were on Defense. The Cowboys also had guys out.

Minshew looked like a back up today. I think he'll have a long career in the NFL as mostly a back up, with some starting duties here and there. No reason he can't have a Ryan Fitzpatrick type of career (which is a very fine career) and then move on to a successful coaching career. He's a smart dude and can play off the script, he just has limitations physically that will hold him back as a true starting NFL QB.

I'd love to hear your take on Lawrence's struggles.. Let me guess, no talent around him? Guys dropping balls? His coaches? Can you explain the difference from 2019-2020 to now? Was the coaching and WR/TE room much better when we were 6-10 or 1-15? 

It always cracks me up how 2 people can take similar or the same path, and 1 guy gets 100% the blame as "bad" or a "backup" but the same exact scenario is happening with the new guy and it's everyone else's fault now. Crazy how that works. A little consistency would go a long way with some of your guy's credibility. 

You also realize the Eagles were mostly playing backups and the Cowboys played most of their starters?

(01-09-2022, 12:45 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 12:22 AM)mal234 Wrote: I'm glad that Gardner got another TD towards the very end here, lol. He now has 41 TDs to 12 INTs in his career. That is a pretty solid ratio. Tonight's half was much rougher for the Eagles offense, and the Cowboys ended up dominating this game. But I'm still glad he got to play and that may benefit the Eagles if they do end up needing him to play in the playoffs for some reason. I think tonight's game allowed him to knock off some more rust, since he's only played one other game this year. He looked good with the starters against the Jets and I think he would fare better if he played with them again.

He was without 3 players on Offense, it's not like his entire team was out. The majority of their inactives were on Defense. The Cowboys also had guys out.

Minshew looked like a back up today. I think he'll have a long career in the NFL as mostly a back up, with some starting duties here and there. No reason he can't have a Ryan Fitzpatrick type of career (which is a very fine career) and then move on to a successful coaching career. He's a smart dude and can play off the script, he just has limitations physically that will hold him back as a true starting NFL QB.

A quick google search annnnnd : 16 total players out for Eagles. If you don't count the QB, it was 5 total on offense, 6 being Hurts is the starter. Their best RB Sanders, TE Goedert , and 3 starting linemen. Kelce came out after 1 play, ESPN announcers stated the Iggles wanted to keep his consecutive starts going. So basically 45% of the birdie's offense was out vs a top tier defense who sat a CB and a rotational DT. He played well in the 1st half ad it kinda all fell apart from there. 

Minshew is very clearly a player I enjoy watching and is a former Jag that I am completely cool with having a successful career. He will get a chance to start somewhere and I hope he does well. Steelers job looks interesting, I'd love to see how he'd do with a good offense around him.

(01-09-2022, 06:29 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 12:02 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: lol he didn't look very good today... Got lucky a couple balls weren't intercepted.. and was constantly throwing behind players... He's a backup for a reason...

I'd love to hear your take on Lawrence's struggles.. Let me guess, no talent around him? Guys dropping balls? His coaches? Can you explain the difference from 2019-2020 to now? Was the coaching and WR/TE room much better when we were 6-10 or 1-15? 

It always cracks me up how 2 people can take similar or the same path, and 1 guy gets 100% the blame as "bad" or a "backup" but the same exact scenario is happening with the new guy and it's everyone else's fault now. Crazy how that works. A little consistency would go a long way with some of your guy's credibility. 

You also realize the Eagles were mostly playing backups and the Cowboys played most of their starters?

one problem with your scenario...one simple fact...TL is a rookie and never played in the NFL and Gardner isn't.... listen I like Gardner but he is what he is a good back up that's it!!

Was I the only one who actually watched this game and saw multiple interceptions by Minshew bounce off of cowboy's hands?

(01-09-2022, 10:35 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Was I the only one who actually watched this game and saw multiple interceptions by Minshew bounce off of cowboy's hands?

No.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Started off good and then finished with an average day. To be fair. Dallas is a damn good football team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-09-2022, 10:35 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Was I the only one who actually watched this game and saw multiple interceptions by Minshew bounce off of cowboy's hands?

It looked exactly like a Jags game in his rookie year after teams had figured him out.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 12:56 PM by Newton. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think Minshew is better than a lot of people believe. He was again, playing with a lot of backups in the o-line yesterday. Notice, I’m not arguing that we should not have drafted Lawrence or that minshew would be the long-term starter here, just that he was a very good back up for his contract. I have to think he might’ve been a better football mentor/competitor in some ways to push Lawrence. Of course, urban miss handled the whole thing from the beginning.

I think minshew wants to start too much to have him as a back up.

(01-09-2022, 12:01 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Came crashing back down to earth real fast.

...seems like we'd heard this song before.

(01-09-2022, 12:56 PM)Newton Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 12:02 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: lol he didn't look very good today... Got lucky a couple balls weren't intercepted.. and was constantly throwing behind players... He's a backup for a reason...

I think Minshew is better than a lot of people believe. He was again, playing with a lot of backups in the o-line yesterday. Notice, I’m not arguing that we should not have drafted Lawrence or that minshew would be the long-term starter here, just that he was a very good back up for his contract. I have to think he might’ve been a better football mentor/competitor in some ways to push Lawrence. Of course, urban miss handled the whole thing from the beginning.

I can dig this.

He's a coach's kid, so he's not only knowledgeable but also well versed in how to deliver the message in a way that gets through. That'll serve him remarkably as a backup, especially when paired with a young QB. Like a lot of good, seasoned veteran backups, I also think Minshew will eventually make a good coach as well.

After the preseason it seemed like it was in everyone's best interests to move along. He either wasn't getting our system, or wasn't comfortable knowing that he was probably going to spend the remainder of his rookie deal playing second fiddle. For lack of a better way to say it, something was just "off". It's a shame, because everything above paints him in such a positive light. There's no way I wanted to attempt to build a franchise around him, but a good backup is an asset to any team.

I would have never traded him.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.