Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 14

Last week in the AFC South, the division leading tacks had a bye.  The second place Colts were running all over the  technically 3rd place Texans in a 31-0 shut out.  The last place Jaguars didn't are any better, getting crushed by the Rams 37-7 in a performance that was embarrassing even by Jaguars standards.  Because there were only two games in the division, and both were predictable mismatches, I had a 2-0 week along with just about everyone else picking these games.  This week, the Colts have the bye.

On to the teams that ARE playing...

Jaguars (2-10) at tacks (8-4)-As if things weren't bad enough for the Jaguars, they play at a rested tacks team what has a long tradition of torturing this team.  The tacks will be without a lot of key contributors, inclding possibly a couple of WRs.  But they will get Julio Jones back.  They won't need any of them this week. Jaguars fans haven't had hope since preseason.  If the tacks have any more banged up starters, they can sit them, too and be just fine.  tacks win 28-10.

Seahawks (4-8) at Texans (2-10)-aside from the Jaguars, this might be the last best chance for the Texans to win.  By the way, the Texans cut LB Zach Cunningham for what be disciplinary issues.  On the release, Texans coach David Culley flatly stated, among other things, "We have standards."  Ouch on too many levels.  Seattle has struggled this year, and has to be at the start of a rebuild, but they have enough to beat the Texans.  Seahawks 21 Texans 13.

Last week:  2-0
Overall:  29-12

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thanks Bullseye. Always appreciate you doing these threads

2-0 last week
30-11 overall

Titans over Jaguars
Seahawks over Texans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

2-0 Last week
27-14 Overall

Titans 31 Jaguars 9
Seahawks 24 Texans 6

Titans
Seahawks

2-0 last week
23-18 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 05:40 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 2 times in total.)

22-19 overall.

Jags- I will explain  monday why i picked them this week.

seahawks over texans.

1-1 this week.       23-20 overall.

I was hopeing wearing all black to church would work again,unforttanttly it didn't. the 2 games jags won this year i wore all black to church.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

2-0
29-12

tacks
Seahawks
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

28-13 on the season, gettin hard to make any ground up when we all take the easy bets.

tacks 30 Jags 7 - After recent pressures regarding the RB depth, Urbz ensures that JRob gets a ton of snaps. But, ever true to form, Hyde gets the goal-line carry and fumbles. Jawann Taylor recovers in the end zone, and earns player of the week honors.

Hawks 12 tinhorns 5 - sure, whatever.

(12-09-2021, 10:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: 28-13 on the season, gettin hard to make any ground up when we all take the easy bets.

tacks 30 Jags 7 - After recent pressures regarding the RB depth, Urbz ensures that JRob gets a ton of snaps. But, ever true to form, Hyde gets the goal-line carry and fumbles. Jawann Taylor recovers in the end zone, and earns player of the week honors.

Hawks 12 tinhorns 5 - sure, whatever.

1.  I actually picked the Jaguars to win against Atlanta.

2.  Blame the Jaguars for being so easy to pick against.  If we were anything resembling a competent, competitive team, more of us would pick them.

25-16 coming in after last week's laughers.

I'll take the tacks and Seahawks.

The tacks are depleted, but they still ought to be able to run the Jaguars out of their stadium. Something like 23-10 tacks.

The texans game could go either way, but the Seahawks are either a decent bad team, or a bad mediocre team, so I'll take them, because I think the texans a bad team (as opposed to the Jaguars, who are an awful team).

Tacks
Hawks

Last week:
2-0

Overall:
26-15
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

(12-08-2021, 06:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week in the AFC South, the division leading tacks had a bye.  The second place Colts were running all over the  technically 3rd place Texans in a 31-0 shut out.  The last place Jaguars didn't are any better, getting crushed by the Rams 37-7 in a performance that was embarrassing even by Jaguars standards.  Because there were only two games in the division, and both were predictable mismatches, I had a 2-0 week along with just about everyone else picking these games.  This week, the Colts have the bye.

On to the teams that ARE playing...

Jaguars (2-10) at tacks (8-4)-As if things weren't bad enough for the Jaguars, they play at a rested tacks team what has a long tradition of torturing this team.  The tacks will be without a lot of key contributors, inclding possibly a couple of WRs.  But they will get Julio Jones back.  They won't need any of them this week. Jaguars fans haven't had hope since preseason.  If the tacks have any more banged up starters, they can sit them, too and be just fine.  tacks win 28-10.

Seahawks (4-8) at Texans (2-10)-aside from the Jaguars, this might be the last best chance for the Texans to win.  By the way, the Texans cut LB Zach Cunningham for what be disciplinary issues.  On the release, Texans coach David Culley flatly stated, among other things, "We have standards."  Ouch on too many levels.  Seattle has struggled this year, and has to be at the start of a rebuild, but they have enough to beat the Texans.  Seahawks 21 Texans 13.

Last week:  2-0
Overall:  29-12
This week:  2-0
Overall:  31-12

Another depressingly easy week.  Not because I'm just sooo smart.  But anyone can see just how bad the Jaguars and Texans are.

(12-09-2021, 01:02 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: Titans
Seahawks

2-0 last week
23-18 overall

2-0 this week
25-18 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(12-08-2021, 07:07 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Thanks Bullseye.  Always appreciate you doing these threads

2-0 last week
30-11 overall

Titans over Jaguars
Seahawks over Texans

2-0 this week
32-11 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

2-0, 30-13. Silly me thinking we'd score.