Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week In the AFC South-Week 15

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2021, 09:09 AM by Bullseye. Edited 2 times in total.)

Last week represented a low point for our beloved Jaguars.  We know from experience that the tacks have a special talent for torturing the Jaguars and making our lives miserable.  They upheld the tradition in fine form by shutting out the Jaguars 20-0, holding the Jaguars without points for the first time since 2009.  The Jaguars were held to eight (8) yards rushing.  Trevor Lawrence had his worst game ever, throwing four (4) UNTs in one game.  This performance comes amidst numerous reports of internal strife between Urban Meyer, the coaching staff, and the players.  In short, it seems many in the organization absolutely hate Urban Meyer.  It's bled over into the fan base.  I've watched this team develop from the very beginning, from the first ten free agents signed, to the expansion draft up until now.  Morale is rock bottom.  I've noticed it.  Many other fans have notiiced it.  Natonal beat writer Pete Prisco has noticed it.  There seems to be no end to the dysfunction coming from Meyer.  For those of you who do not follow the Jaguars, let me give you a taste of what's happening.  UM was essentially given control of the organization when he was hired.  Yet as head coach, he can't give a straight answer about the playing time of different players.  RB James Robinson fumbled in a game and then disappeared for a long stretch.  Instead of simply admitting he benched him because Robinson fumbled, he said RB coach Bernie Parmalee was responsible for whether Robinson was in the game.  But the thing is, he also said that Robinson was out of the game due to injury, yet Robinson returned to the game in the 4th quarter when they were down by thirty.  If he was injured, why have him in the game at that point?  It wasn't just Robinson.  Meyer was asked about the playing time of rookie S Andre Cisco.  Meyer said he was getting more playing time.  Yet Cisco got ZERO defensive snaps against Tennessee.  What the hell?!?  This isn't even getting into the botched development of Trevor Lawrence and other embarrassments he's provided.
As a long time NFL fan, I knew there would be dark days for this franchise.  But nothing like this.

As for picks, I had another 2-0 week, because the Texans and Jaguars were on the slate again and they are the two worst teams in football.  For reasons that will be obvious, this week will be far more difficult.

Colts (7-6) at Patriots (9-4)-The Colts are coming off a valuable late season bye,  After a slow injury marred start to the season, the Colts have been playing well of late and are still very much in playoff contention coming down the home stretch of the regular season.  They are going up against a Patriots team that's even hotter, winners of some five straight games or so and are in the hunt for home field advantage throughout the playoffs with a rookie QB.  I think the Colts are a strong team, and I wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs.  But I also would not want to go up against a Belichick coached team under these circumstances, either.  Patriots win 23-20.

Texans (2-11) at Jaguars (2-11)-This game will likeley set football back decades.  The TC Networks pay the NFL for the rights to broadcast the games.  The NFL should pay the networks to broadcast this game.  Parents will take their kids to this game to punish them for getting bad grades.  There are lawyers who could have viable intentional infliction of emotional distress causes of action after this game..  Get the idea?  The morbidly curious and gluttons for punishment may watch to determine which team is the bigger dumpster fire.  As for my pick?  The Texans outclassed the Jaguars in week one.  The Jaguars defense has started playing better since then, but the offense has been playing far worse.  Nothing else has changed.  Texans win 17-13.

Titans (9-4) at Steelers (6-6-1)-The former AFC Central rivals face off in a game loaded with playoff implications.  Tennessee is battling for home field advantage, while the Steelers are on the outside edge of playoff contention in what will be Big Ben's final year.  Titans are in the rare position of having back to back bye weeks (the actual bye and then the Jaguars) so they should be well rested.  I could see Tennessee having trouble offensively, especially if TJ Watt is good to go.  The Titans' running game is suspect without Derrick Henry, and they don't pass protect well.  But Tomlin has benched some players in an attempt to get better play.  Steelers win 21-17.

Last week:  2-0
Overall:  31-12

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

23-20 overall this week i will take  

pats

texans 

tittians- just like earlier this year go on winning streak after  wopping jags

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

2-0 last week
31-12 overall

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the three games go either way this weekend, but I'll go with:

Pats - depends on how they can contain Taylor.  If he has a good game, Clots win.
Texans - I really tried to talk myself into the Jags but I was unsuccessful
Stillers - I really wanted to pick the tacks here but the stillers seem to pull games out when you think they're dead in the water
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

2-0/30-13.

After an easy week or two, the picks are all challenging this weekend. Finally! December football is in full swing, and we'll begin to see cream rising to the top. Here's my attempt at picks:

Pats 24 indynoplace 20 - This has all the makings of a game of the week. Belichick with two weeks to prepare for a home tilt against a postseason contender? Yeah, they'll be ready. Indy's not quite ready for this run, and a loss here kills their chance at the Division crown.

tinhorns 16 Duval 10 - So for all the anticipation of the Pats/colts, this is the exact opposite. The rumblings continue to distract coaches and the on-field product reflects the ill-prepared gameplans that have plagued the Jags all season. The tinhorns do little, but little is enough to get past our lowly squad at this point of the year.

tacks 20 Stillers 13 - The tacks front four were enough to harrass the Jags all game a week ago, and the Stillers line isn't going to fare much better. Ben's not going to be able to rely on mobility that Trevor used to evade pressure. Knowing that postseason seeding relies heavily on these last few games, I see the tacks making a big push to claim the top spot.

2-0 last week
32-11 overall

I may lose my first place position this week...

Colts over Patriots
Jaguars over Texans
Titans over Steelers

LFG!!!!!
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

27-16 coming in.

I'd like to take the Jaguars, and I think the team has a shot at winning, maybe for the last time this season, but it's hard to pick the Jaguars because we don't have a legit NFL head coach, so I'll take the texans to pull out the broom. 13-6 texans.

I also have a feeling the colts might be built correctly to take on the pats even though the game is in Foxboro. I'll go colts 21 pats 16.

Finally the tacks and the steelers. If the game were in Nashville I'd take the tacks, but since it's in Pittsburgh I'll take the steelers. Something like steelers 17 tacks 13.

Pats
Tinhorns
Stoolers

Last week:
2-0

Overall:
28-15
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Last week 2-0
Overall 29-14

Patriots 23
Colts 21

Texans 17
Jaguars 10

Titans 27
Steelers 17

Colts
Texans
Steelers

2-0 last week
25-18 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

I will be out of town for the next weeks picks,so again i will make next weeks now.  

tittians over 49ers

Cards over colts 

Jets over jags

(12-17-2021, 07:52 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: Colts
Texans
Steelers

2-0 last week
25-18 overall

3-0 this week
28-18 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(12-15-2021, 09:53 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 23-20 overall this week i will take  

pats

texans 

tittians- just like earlier this year go on winning streak after  wopping jags

1-2  this week moveing my overall record to 24-22

(12-15-2021, 09:53 AM)RicoTx Wrote: 2-0 last week
31-12 overall

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the three games go either way this weekend, but I'll go with:

Pats - depends on how they can contain Taylor.  If he has a good game, Clots win.
Texans - I really tried to talk myself into the Jags but I was unsuccessful
Stillers - I really wanted to pick the tacks here but the stillers seem to pull games out when you think they're dead in the water

2-1 My analysis of the Clots game was spot on, alas I took the wrong team
33-13 overall
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 10:27 PM by Bullseye.)

(12-15-2021, 09:08 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week represented a low point for our beloved Jaguars.  We know from experience that the tacks have a special talent for torturing the Jaguars and making our lives miserable.  They upheld the tradition in fine form by shutting out the Jaguars 20-0, holding the Jaguars without points for the first time since 2009.  The Jaguars were held to eight (8) yards rushing.  Trevor Lawrence had his worst game ever, throwing four (4) UNTs in one game.  This performance comes amidst numerous reports of internal strife between Urban Meyer, the coaching staff, and the players.  In short, it seems many in the organization absolutely hate Urban Meyer.  It's bled over into the fan base.  I've watched this team develop from the very beginning, from the first ten free agents signed, to the expansion draft up until now.  Morale is rock bottom.  I've noticed it.  Many other fans have notiiced it.  Natonal beat writer Pete Prisco has noticed it.  There seems to be no end to the dysfunction coming from Meyer.  For those of you who do not follow the Jaguars, let me give you a taste of what's happening.  UM was essentially given control of the organization when he was hired.  Yet as head coach, he can't give a straight answer about the playing time of different players.  RB James Robinson fumbled in a game and then disappeared for a long stretch.  Instead of simply admitting he benched him because Robinson fumbled, he said RB coach Bernie Parmalee was responsible for whether Robinson was in the game.  But the thing is, he also said that Robinson was out of the game due to injury, yet Robinson returned to the game in the 4th quarter when they were down by thirty.  If he was injured, why have him in the game at that point?  It wasn't just Robinson.  Meyer was asked about the playing time of rookie S Andre Cisco.  Meyer said he was getting more playing time.  Yet Cisco got ZERO defensive snaps against Tennessee.  What the hell?!?  This isn't even getting into the botched development of Trevor Lawrence and other embarrassments he's provided.
As a long time NFL fan, I knew there would be dark days for this franchise.  But nothing like this.

As for picks, I had another 2-0 week, because the Texans and Jaguars were on the slate again and they are the two worst teams in football.  For reasons that will be obvious, this week will be far more difficult.

Colts (7-6) at Patriots (9-4)-The Colts are coming off a valuable late season bye,  After a slow injury marred start to the season, the Colts have been playing well of late and are still very much in playoff contention coming down the home stretch of the regular season.  They are going up against a Patriots team that's even hotter, winners of some five straight games or so and are in the hunt for home field advantage throughout the playoffs with a rookie QB.  I think the Colts are a strong team, and I wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs.  But I also would not want to go up against a Belichick coached team under these circumstances, either.  Patriots win 23-20.

Texans (2-11) at Jaguars (2-11)-This game will likeley set football back decades.  The TC Networks pay the NFL for the rights to broadcast the games.  The NFL should pay the networks to broadcast this game.  Parents will take their kids to this game to punish them for getting bad grades.  There are lawyers who could have viable intentional infliction of emotional distress causes of action after this game..  Get the idea?  The morbidly curious and gluttons for punishment may watch to determine which team is the bigger dumpster fire.  As for my pick?  The Texans outclassed the Jaguars in week one.  The Jaguars defense has started playing better since then, but the offense has been playing far worse.  Nothing else has changed.  Texans win 17-13.

Titans (9-4) at Steelers (6-6-1)-The former AFC Central rivals face off in a game loaded with playoff implications.  Tennessee is battling for home field advantage, while the Steelers are on the outside edge of playoff contention in what will be Big Ben's final year.  Titans are in the rare position of having back to back bye weeks (the actual bye and then the Jaguars) so they should be well rested.  I could see Tennessee having trouble offensively, especially if TJ Watt is good to go.  The Titans' running game is suspect without Derrick Henry, and they don't pass protect well.  But Tomlin has benched some players in an attempt to get better play.  Steelers win 21-17.

Last week:  2-0
Overall:  31-12

This was a tough week.

I had a feeling the Colts would win this game, but convinced myself two "lesser" teams wouldn't win this week.  On the other hand, my instincts were correct in the Steelers game.  If the tacks are going to hope to advance in the playoffs, Derricj Henry better be healthy come playoff time.  They can't pass protect.  Sadly, I was also right about the Jaguars.

This week:  2-1
Overall:  33-13

(12-19-2021, 05:15 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 07:52 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: Colts
Texans
Steelers

2-0 last week
25-18 overall

3-0 this week
28-18 overall
Good job.  This was a tough week to pick.

(12-15-2021, 01:09 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 2-0 last week
32-11 overall

Colts over Patriots
Jaguars over Texans
Titans over Steelers

LFG!!!!!

This was a very tough week.  Had the tacks not melted down with the late turnovers and bad pass protection, you would have gone 2-1

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-15-2021, 01:09 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 2-0 last week
32-11 overall

Colts over Patriots
Jaguars over Texans
Titans over Steelers

LFG!!!!!

1-2 this week
33-13 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(12-15-2021, 10:56 AM)Mikey Wrote: 2-0/30-13.

After an easy week or two, the picks are all challenging this weekend. Finally! December football is in full swing, and we'll begin to see cream rising to the top. Here's my attempt at picks:

Pats 24 indynoplace 20 - This has all the makings of a game of the week. Belichick with two weeks to prepare for a home tilt against a postseason contender? Yeah, they'll be ready. Indy's not quite ready for this run, and a loss here kills their chance at the Division crown.

tinhorns 16 Duval 10 - So for all the anticipation of the Pats/colts, this is the exact opposite. The rumblings continue to distract coaches and the on-field product reflects the ill-prepared gameplans that have plagued the Jags all season. The tinhorns do little, but little is enough to get past our lowly squad at this point of the year.

tacks 20 Stillers 13 - The tacks front four were enough to harrass the Jags all game a week ago, and the Stillers line isn't going to fare much better. Ben's not going to be able to rely on mobility that Trevor used to evade pressure. Knowing that postseason seeding relies heavily on these last few games, I see the tacks making a big push to claim the top spot.

1-2 week drops me to 31-15. Ugh.

(12-18-2021, 08:40 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I will be out of town for the next weeks picks,so again i will make next weeks now.  

tittians over 49ers

Cards over colts 

Jets over jags

ok for week 16 i went  2-1 moveing my overal record to  26-23