Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson

A Rob might be the guy I target in FA now after the torn ACL and MCL.  He can be the contested catch guy that can win 50/50 balls and I'd draft speed at WR like Dotson in the 2nd.  Also I'd look at trading back into the 2nd with our 2 3rds or a 3rd and a 4th of a guy falls that we really like.  ARob and a top olineman FA would be my hopes.  ARob has already stated he would like to at for Trev

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Robinson would have to come very cheap, because he looks finished. Bears QB's haven't even look his way this season and his 4.6/40 time isn't gonna give us much either. He's basically a possession receiver. I really think there are better options out there.

I believe that is his 2nd torn ACL.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

I would still target him. He would automatically be our WR1.

He's slow we need speed even though he catches everything. Open to it if hes not the only guy we get.
No Fun

Allen Robinson is lazy and not the type of guy we need for this rebuild.

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/202...g-reasons/

(12-23-2021, 08:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Allen Robinson is lazy and not the type of guy we need for this rebuild.

In all fairness, it was just one play, and he was facing away from what was happening behind him, so he might have thought the play was over.  

I'm not saying I'd sign him, but making a whole case out of one play seems a bit thin to me.

(12-23-2021, 08:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Allen Robinson is lazy and not the type of guy we need for this rebuild.

First time I've seen that. It is just one play, it looks like he blocked him about 10 yards downfield before he gave up.  Maybe he thought the play was over

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021, 10:35 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Allen Robinson is 10x better than anybody we have on THIS team.

Going back, I was never a huge AR guy as a #1 receiver. Good route runner, great 50/50 ball type guy, but doesn't take the top off of a defense. I'd prefer my #1 guy to be faster and not pay a guy I continue to see as a #2 ( on an elite team).

(12-23-2021, 10:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Allen Robinson is 10x better than anybody we have on THIS team.

Going back, I was never a huge AR guy as a #1 receiver. Good route runner, great 50/50 ball type guy, but doesn't take the top off of a defense. I'd prefer my #1 guy to be faster and not pay a guy I continue to see as a #2 ( on an elite team).

That's not saying much at all. We've set the bar EXTREMELY low.

(12-23-2021, 10:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 10:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Allen Robinson is 10x better than anybody we have on THIS team.

That's not saying much at all. We've set the bar EXTREMELY low.

Yeah, that's my point. I look at players from a lens of how they would operate on elite teams. You can get easily trapped if you are simply looking to be better than we are

(12-23-2021, 10:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 10:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's not saying much at all. We've set the bar EXTREMELY low.

Yeah, that's my point. I look at players from a lens of how they would operate on elite teams. You can get easily trapped if you are simply looking to be better than we are

Agreed.

True, that's why if we did sign ARob you don't stop there.  You still draft a guy like Dotson in the 2nd and maybe even draft another WR with one of our 3rd or 4ths and with a healthy Arnold we are much improved with a better oiine, a healthy Etienne, new OC, and a 2nd year Trevor

Allen Robinson ain't signing here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-23-2021, 03:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Allen Robinson ain't signing here.

he will go to whichever team offers him the most money. That’s the name of the game.

(12-26-2021, 05:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 03:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Allen Robinson ain't signing here.

he will go to whichever team offers him the most money. That’s the name of the game.

That's an assumption that might not play out in his case.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-26-2021, 05:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: he will go to whichever team offers him the most money. That’s the name of the game.

That's an assumption that might not play out in his case.

Before he was tagged last year somebody asked him if he'd want to play with Trevor Lawrence in a jacksonville reunion and he seemed keen to the idea. 

Maybe not now after seeing him play tho.

Bad play calling. Dropped passes. Ok pass blocking. No separation. All the ingredients to what we saw this year. Jags have to upgrade the entire offense