Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 16

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021, 11:56 PM by Bullseye. Edited 2 times in total.)

Last week, Jaguars fans saw the end of Urban blight...of Urban decay, as Jaguars nation applauded the firing of Urban Meyer after 13 regular season games.  It seems several Jaguars players, including Trevor Lawrence, applauded the move.  However, the boost to morale did not translate into a win over the slightly less hapless Texans, who completed the season sweep of the Jaguars.  Meanwhile, the tacks held onto first place despite failing to hold onto the lead in Pittsburgh, melting down in the 4th quarter with several late turnovers.  They were also betrayed by an OL that can't pass protect.  The Colts continued their strong play, going into Foxboro and beating the Patriots using a strong running attack.

After two very easy weeks, last week was a very tough week to pick.  I wound up going 2-1, but easily could have gone 0-3.  This week is looking like another tough one.

On to this week's picks...

49ers (8-6) at tacks (9-5)-A Thursday night game that does NOT feature the league's also rans, as both the 49ers and tacks are battling for the playoffs.  The 49ers defensive front is formidable and would seem to pose problems for the tack offensive line.  However, it's a short week, and the 49ers are traveling east.  That will hurt them.  Tacks win 24-21.

Jaguars (3-11) at Jaguars (2-12)This is another lump of coal for fans with this post Christmas matchup between the top two draft picks in this draft.  That and draft position are the only reasons to watch.  The Jets are suppsedly being hit hard by Covid, with head Coach Robert Saleh and rookies Alijah Vera Tucker and Michael Carter are among those now on the Covid List.  Still, they are playing better than the Jaguars, and the Jaguars lose their last, best chance to win this year.  N.Y. Jets win 17-13.

Colts (8-6) at Cardinals (10-4)-What in the hell happened to the Cardinals last week?  What caused them to get trounced by lowly Detroit?  Whatever it was, I can't see them getting better against Indy.  Colts win 26-23.

Chargers (8-6) at Texans (3-11)-Bolts all the way 31-10. (Thanks Rico!)

Last week:  2-1
Overall:  33-13

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021, 09:37 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-22-2021, 08:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, Jaguars fans saw the end of Urban blight...of Urban decay, as Jaguars nation applauded the firing of Urban Meyer after 13 regular season games.  It seems several Jaguars players, including Trevor Lawrence, applauded the move.  However, the boost to morale did not translate into a win over the slightly less hapless Texans, who completed the season sweep of the Jaguars.  Meanwhile, the tacks held onto first place despite failing to hold onto the lead in Pittsburgh, melting down in the 4th quarter with several late turnovers.  They were also betrayed by an OL that can't pass protect.  The Colts continued their strong play, going into Foxboro and beating the Patriots using a strong running attack.

After two very easy weeks, last week was a very tough week to pick.  I wound up going 2-1, but easily could have gone 0-3.  This week is looking like another tough one.

49ers (8-6) at tacks (9-5)-A Thursday night game that does NOT feature the league's also rans, as both the 49ers and tacks are battling for the playoffs.  The 49ers defensive front is formidable and would seem to pose problems for the tack offensive line.  However, it's a short week, and the 49ers are traveling east.  That will hurt them.  Tacks win 24-21.

Jaguars (3-11) at Jaguars (2-12)This is another lump of coal for fans with this post Christmas matchup between the top two draft picks in this draft.  That and draft position are the only reasons to watch.  The Jets are suppsedly being hit hard by Covid, with head Coach Robert Saleh and rookies Alijah Vera Tucker and Michael Carter are among those now on the Covid List.  Still, they are playing better than the Jaguars, and the Jaguars lose their last, best chance to win this year.  N.Y. Jets win 17-13.

Colts (8-6) at Cardinals (10-4)-What in the hell happened to the Cardinals last week?  What caused them to get trounced by lowly Detroit?  Whatever it was, I can't see them getting better against Indy.  Colts win 26-23.

You forgot the Chargers/Texans.

2-1 last week
33-13 overall

Chargers 
Clots
Niners
Jags
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

This week I will go with:

Chargers
Clots
Niners
Jets

Last week:
2-1

Overall:
30-16
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

(12-22-2021, 09:22 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 08:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, Jaguars fans saw the end of Urban blight...of Urban decay, as Jaguars nation applauded the firing of Urban Meyer after 13 regular season games.  It seems several Jaguars players, including Trevor Lawrence, applauded the move.  However, the boost to morale did not translate into a win over the slightly less hapless Texans, who completed the season sweep of the Jaguars.  Meanwhile, the tacks held onto first place despite failing to hold onto the lead in Pittsburgh, melting down in the 4th quarter with several late turnovers.  They were also betrayed by an OL that can't pass protect.  The Colts continued their strong play, going into Foxboro and beating the Patriots using a strong running attack.

You forgot the Chargers/Texans.

2-1 last week
33-13 overall

Chargers 
Clots
Niners
Jags

D'oh!

Thanks Rico!

49ers
Colts
Chargers
Jets

3-0 last week
28-18 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

30-16 overall
1-2 Last week

Niners 27 Titans 23

Jets 17 Jaguars 10

Colts 29 Cardinals 23

Chargers 38 Texans 20

1-2 last week
33-13 overall

Titans over 49ers
Jaguars over Jets
Cardinals over Colts
Chargers over Texans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

3-0 last week, so 30-16 so far.

This week I'll go titans, jets, cards, and chargers.

Titans I think could easily lose, but they're at home, so I'll take them. Something like 20-14.

Jaguars, with a competent off-season would have been miles better than the jets, but the roster is so bad right now I think they'll lose. Something like 23-10.

I'd pick the colts at home, but since the cards are at home and lost last week I think they'll handle it. Something like 27-20.

The bolts should take down the texans without any trouble. Something like 31-13.

Too late to call the tacks game, so gimme Jags, horseshoes and bolts.

Happy Xmas everyone!

Chargers (8-6) at Texans (3-11)-Bolts all the way 31-10.  (Thanks Rico!)

This week:  3-1
Overall:  36-14

How in the hell did Houston beat the Chargers?!?

Ugh.

1-3 this week.
34-16 overall
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-26-2021, 05:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Chargers (8-6) at Texans (3-11)-Bolts all the way 31-10.  (Thanks Rico!)

This week:  3-1
Overall:  36-14

How in the hell did Houston beat the Chargers?!?

I dunno, but Davis Mills isnt looking too shabby lately. Conley and Dorsett looked good yesterday as well, but I guess Meyer liked what he saw in the sure-handed Shenalt.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-23-2021, 11:34 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 1-2 last week
33-13 overall

Titans over 49ers
Jaguars over Jets
Cardinals over Colts
Chargers over Texans
1-3 this week
34-16 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(12-23-2021, 11:37 PM)Mikey Wrote: Too late to call the tacks game, so gimme Jags, horseshoes and bolts.

Happy Xmas everyone!

another 1-2 week dropped me to 32-17.

gonna need a late surge to get back in the race to the top

(12-23-2021, 01:17 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: 49ers
Colts
Chargers
Jets

3-0 last week
28-18 overall

2-2 this week
30-20 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley