Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Free Agency Wish List

If I had my choices, I would sign 2 offensive linemen, 1 safety, and 1 WR.
I would hope to sign Connor Williams, Brandon Sherff, Marcus Williams. For the wide receiver, I would sign anyone who I can think help Trevor grow except for Adams. He's going to demand too much money. Currently estimates are showing 25 - 27 million a year for him.
The way I figure is we can spend 24-30 million on 2 OL players, an additional 14 million on our secondary, then I would try to stay at 20 million or less on WR as we have about 70 mil available.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Laken Tomlinson followed by Connor Williams are the best moves we can make now that the WRs have been decimated with injuries. Kirk would be good but he's going to be the best healthy WR that hits the market so I doubt we can pull him.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 01:33 PM by ATLjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

What about the massive Trent Brown to take over Taylor's role at RT? He would be an immediate upgrade, IMO, still fairly young, and is a free agent.

In reading some of the discussion about the option of the Jaguars attempting to trade for a veteran # 1 caliber WR, instead of going the FA or draft route, one additional possibility that came to mind is WFT WR Terry McLaurin.

Being that in 2022, McLaurin will be entering the final season of his contract, this could open the door for the WFT to be willing to trade him, if they get a trade offer that's appealing.

Trade compensation for McLaurin would give the WFT much more draft ammunition to land a high caliber QB prospect in the next couple of years.

Being that Ron Rivera and Martin Mayhew weren't in the organization when McLaurin was drafted in 2019, they might be more willing to trade McLaurin.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 09:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

They were just talking about how Schultz has come under fire as of late for some of his blocking on the edge

Josiah Scott getting abused lol

Mike Williams with the game tying TD

I don't remember if he has been mentioned, but I would love Cedrick Wilson as our slot guy.

(01-10-2022, 12:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mike Williams with the game tying TD

I think this was the first prolonged viewing of his I've enjoyed. Kid's got it, and LAC would be fools to let him go.

If they choose to be foolish, we absolutely should be trying to pair him with Trevor for years to come.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/free-agency?season=2022

I think it's a pretty underwhelming FA class to be honest, but its strength and our needs could line up very well if we get aggressive. We could easily get two quality starting interior lineman if FA don't shun us.

(01-11-2022, 12:31 PM)Upper Wrote: https://www.pff.com/nfl/free-agency?season=2022

I think it's a pretty underwhelming FA class to be honest, but its strength and our needs could line up very well if we get aggressive. We could easily get two quality starting interior lineman if FA don't shun us.

Thanks for providing the link.

A related question comes to mind.

Even though the Jaguars are in very good shape Salary Cap Wise,  which Jaguars players, if any, do you believe could realistically be 2022 Salary Cap Casualties?

(01-11-2022, 01:22 PM)D6 Wrote: Even though the Jaguars are in very good shape Salary Cap Wise,  which Jaguars players, if any, do you believe could realistically be 2022 Salary Cap Casualties?

Would save over 9M with zero dead cap to cut Linder. Would save 26M and 4M dead cap cutting Jack. Rayshawn would really be the only other candidate but his dead cap hit is too big this year.

Jack would be an easy cut for me (I would try to trade him first). Linder I'd gamble with his health cause he's still worth 9M if he can stay healthy.

(01-11-2022, 02:47 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 01:22 PM)D6 Wrote: Even though the Jaguars are in very good shape Salary Cap Wise,  which Jaguars players, if any, do you believe could realistically be 2022 Salary Cap Casualties?

Would save over 9M with zero dead cap to cut Linder. Would save 26M and 4M dead cap cutting Jack. Rayshawn would really be the only other candidate but his dead cap hit is too big this year.

Jack would be an easy cut for me (I would try to trade him first). Linder I'd gamble with his health cause he's still worth 9M if he can stay healthy.

I would try to find a trade partner for Jack before outright cutting him. 

Linder has only had one season where he was able to play every game. The odds of him staying healthy are not good. Personally, I think it's imperative that we find his replacement in this draft. Whether it be Linderbaum, Lindstrom, Ford or West, one of these guys needs to be drafted to replace Linder. We need someone reliable.

(01-11-2022, 03:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 02:47 PM)Upper Wrote: Would save over 9M with zero dead cap to cut Linder. Would save 26M and 4M dead cap cutting Jack. Rayshawn would really be the only other candidate but his dead cap hit is too big this year.

Linder has only had one season where he was able to play every game. The odds of him staying healthy are not good. Personally, I think it's imperative that we find his replacement in this draft. Whether it be Linderbaum, Lindstrom, Ford or West, one of these guys needs to be drafted to replace Linder. We need someone reliable.

There are a bunch of highly graded Cs in FA too. We should just steal both of the Chargers IOL and call it a day.

(01-11-2022, 03:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 02:47 PM)Upper Wrote: Would save over 9M with zero dead cap to cut Linder. Would save 26M and 4M dead cap cutting Jack. Rayshawn would really be the only other candidate but his dead cap hit is too big this year.

Interestingly, there's speculation that the Jets could have interest in trading for Myles Jack and the trade compensation to the Jaguars would be a 3rd or 4th Round Pick. 

The Jets have landed a young, athletic starting linebacker in a proposed trade. | Nokia News (nokiamobilephonenews.co.uk)

(01-12-2022, 12:24 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 03:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would try to find a trade partner for Jack before outright cutting him. 

Interestingly, there's speculation that the Jets could have interest in trading for Myles Jack and the trade compensation to the Jaguars would be a 3rd or 4th Round Pick. 

The Jets have landed a young, athletic starting linebacker in a proposed trade. | Nokia News (nokiamobilephonenews.co.uk)

Are we sure about these cap numbers for Jack? he has two years left on his contract. 4.8mln split over these two years as bonus with 10mln per year base salary. Looks like it on over the cap. If he was cut this offseason, his bonus would be dead money but his cap savings would be a lot less than 26mln, roughly 10mln. I would NOT cut him. Definitely not at these numbers.

(01-11-2022, 03:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would try to find a trade partner for Jack before outright cutting him. 

It's true that Jack is not the best fit for the team's current defensive scheme. If the cap hit were not too bad, I'd move him for no less than a mid-3rd rounder. He still is young and physically talented which can't be said of many other players on the roster.

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

(01-12-2022, 05:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 12:24 PM)D6 Wrote: Interestingly, there's speculation that the Jets could have interest in trading for Myles Jack and the trade compensation to the Jaguars would be a 3rd or 4th Round Pick. 

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Same. Having a trio of 3rd RD picks is fine by me. Nakobe Dean, Christian Harris, Brandon Smith, Nolan Smith, Brian Asamoah & Nik Bonitto would be fine additions from the draft. Especially if Cullen stays onboard with the next coaching staff.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

My wish list is we resign Chark, and sign Mike Williams and Scherff. Would be a great FA hall

(01-12-2022, 08:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: My wish list is we resign Chark, and sign Mike Williams and Scherff. Would be a great FA hall

That hall would be right up my corridor.