Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 16 Games

(12-26-2021, 10:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 10:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I still think the Colts can beat them. The weak link for Kansas City is that very young O-Line. If the Colts can exploit that, they can win.
Oh the Colts can certainly win but I wouldn’t make them the favorites.

The Colts weak link is their QB and that usually doesn’t bode well in the playoffs.

I don't see him as a weak link at all. Considering his WR unit, I think Wentz has played very well. If anything, their lack of good receivers is the weak link for the Colts. They seem to be making the most of it though. If they draft Wentz a #1 WR and a #1 TE, that team could possibly dominate the division.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-26-2021, 10:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Having TWO division rivals that are Super Bowl contenders, both without franchise QBs is as #becausejaguars as it gets.

Is it a fallacy that you need to have a franchise QB to win in today's NFL?
The majority of the QBs who are currently leading their division are elite/franchise guys.

Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Stafford, Dak, Burrow.

That leaves the AFC South (tacks and clots) and AFC East which is run by the best HC of all time but may also be won by Josh Allen.

Unless your roster is stacked, you need a franchise QB to win.

(12-26-2021, 10:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Having TWO division rivals that are Super Bowl contenders, both without franchise QBs is as #becausejaguars as it gets.

Both Wentz and Tannehill were high 1st round picks. Maybe it's wrong to say that they aren't franchise QBs just because the teams that drafted them didn't know how to use them.

(12-26-2021, 11:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

The majority of the QBs who are currently leading their division are elite/franchise guys.

That leaves the AFC South (tacks and clots) and AFC East which is run by the best HC of all time but may also be won by Josh Allen.

Same thing with Allen, are we saying he's not a franchise QB? He seems to be based on the results.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-26-2021, 11:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Both Wentz and Tannehill were high 1st round picks. Maybe it's wrong to say that they aren't franchise QBs just because the teams that drafted them didn't know how to use them.

(12-26-2021, 11:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The majority of the QBs who are currently leading their division are elite/franchise guys.

Same thing with Allen, are we saying he's not a franchise QB? He seems to be based on the results.

(12-26-2021, 11:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The majority of the QBs who are currently leading their division are elite/franchise guys.

I'd say Wentz and Tannehill are or aren't franchise QBs depending on how you define the term.

Some people think franchise QB just means a guy that can win when the team around him is good. I don't define it that way, but some people do, and Wentz and Tannehill definitely fit that mold. They both are winning this year on very good teams, and both also have shown they won't stir the drink when the running game isn't going. Tannehill has been pretty bad without Henry forcing teams to focus on the run, and Wentz was garbage in Philly, but suddenly looks okay with a very strong running game and defense.

Others think that franchise QB means they win with a team that's otherwise full of borderline talents. That would be how I see it. If Tannehill were a franchise QB he wouldn't have as many INTs as he has TDs. If Wentz were a franchise QB he wouldn't implode when the pressure for him to do something without the running game carrying him is on. To me there are probably less than 10 "franchise" guys in the NFL. Guys like Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Murray, Allen, Wilson, and Roethlisburger.

(12-26-2021, 11:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Oh he definitely is a franchise guy but he’s not leading the division. So if we include Allen for the AFC East, the only team winning their division without a franchise guy is Wentz and the Colts. 

Jags should have every opportunity to take this division for the next 8-10 years because of Lawrence.

(12-26-2021, 11:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 11:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Both Wentz and Tannehill were high 1st round picks. Maybe it's wrong to say that they aren't franchise QBs just because the teams that drafted them didn't know how to use them.

Oh he definitely is a franchise guy but he’s not leading the division. So if we include Allen for the AFC East, the only team winning their division without a franchise guy is Wentz and the Colts. 

Jags should have every opportunity to take this division for the next 8-10 years because of Lawrence.

But Wentz was #2 overall and had years where he was rated at 101, 102, and 93. His 23/6 TD to Ints this year is pretty consistent with his career outside 2020 when the Iggles imploded. I don't see that he's not a franchise guy based on what he's done, there was just something odd in Philly and he had some injuries.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-26-2021, 11:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 11:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh he definitely is a franchise guy but he’s not leading the division. So if we include Allen for the AFC East, the only team winning their division without a franchise guy is Wentz and the Colts. 

But Wentz was #2 overall and had years where he was rated at 101, 102, and 93. His 23/6 TD to Ints this year is pretty consistent with his career outside 2020 when the Iggles imploded. I don't see that he's not a franchise guy based on what he's done, there was just something odd in Philly and he had some injuries.
You definitely could argue that for Wentz.

(12-26-2021, 11:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 11:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: But Wentz was #2 overall and had years where he was rated at 101, 102, and 93. His 23/6 TD to Ints this year is pretty consistent with his career outside 2020 when the Iggles imploded. I don't see that he's not a franchise guy based on what he's done, there was just something odd in Philly and he had some injuries.
You definitely could argue that for Wentz.

Which honestly kind of makes me hesitant on Doug Pederson, he did well with the team but the whole thing just broke down for some reason.

(12-26-2021, 12:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 11:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You definitely could argue that for Wentz.

Which honestly kind of makes me hesitant on Doug Pederson, he did well with the team but the whole thing just broke down for some reason.

Wasn't that the year 4/5 of the starting O-Line went down with season ending injuries early on? I remember that happening to the Eagles and things completely went off the rails from there. They didn't have much of a running game to begin with, the receiving unit was sparse and then the O-Line completely dissolved after the injuries. It was an especially bad year for them and Wentz folded under the pressure as almost any QB would in that situation.

(12-26-2021, 12:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 12:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Which honestly kind of makes me hesitant on Doug Pederson, he did well with the team but the whole thing just broke down for some reason.

Wasn't that the year 4/5 of the starting O-Line went down with season ending injuries early on? I remember that happening to the Eagles and things completely went off the rails from there. They didn't have much of a running game to begin with, the receiving unit was sparse and then the O-Line completely dissolved after the injuries. It was an especially bad year for them and Wentz folded under the pressure as almost any QB would in that situation.

Yeah, all that stuff happened and Pederson and the front office had some issues about assistant coaches.

(12-26-2021, 01:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 12:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Wasn't that the year 4/5 of the starting O-Line went down with season ending injuries early on? I remember that happening to the Eagles and things completely went off the rails from there. They didn't have much of a running game to begin with, the receiving unit was sparse and then the O-Line completely dissolved after the injuries. It was an especially bad year for them and Wentz folded under the pressure as almost any QB would in that situation.

Yeah, all that stuff happened and Pederson and the front office had some issues about assistant coaches.

It's hard to hold Wentz or Pederson responsible for all of those injuries and the impossible situation that it created. Sometimes you just have to chalk things up to bad luck.

(12-26-2021, 12:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 11:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You definitely could argue that for Wentz.

Frank Reich left to become the Colts HC and it all went to [BLEEP] in Philly.

The WFT is getting humiliated.

(12-26-2021, 11:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The WFT is getting humiliated.

Like I like...

How bout'dem Cowboys???

Going to the SB
My sig goes here!

(12-26-2021, 11:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The WFT is getting humiliated.

The Cowboys are really laying it on them. 56 points now and the backups are getting in on some of the action too, lol.

What goes around comes around, especially in divisional rivals.

It will be fun watching Green Bay dismantle Dallas.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 12:48 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-26-2021, 08:58 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 12:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Which honestly kind of makes me hesitant on Doug Pederson, he did well with the team but the whole thing just broke down for some reason.

Frank Reich left to become the Colts HC and it all went to [BLEEP] in Philly.

+100 on this. Reich was the engine that made that Philly team hum. Sadly for us, he's going to have that team at the top of our division sooner rather than later.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Poor Ian Book was tossed into the fire tonight. The lad is trying.