Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What are you currently Playing?

(10-13-2018, 10:17 PM)empty Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 07:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Started Borderlands 2.

Such a good game, definitely my favorite BL game.

I bought it in part due to all of the recommendations from posters in this forum.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-13-2018, 11:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 10:17 PM)empty Wrote: Such a good game, definitely my favorite BL game.

I bought it in part due to all of the recommendations from posters in this forum.

Tiny Tina's DLC is also really good, I'd highly recommend playing through that as well.

(10-14-2018, 02:27 AM)empty Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 11:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I bought it in part due to all of the recommendations from posters in this forum.

Tiny Tina's DLC is also really good, I'd highly recommend playing through that as well.

I suspect I am a long way from that.  I literally just started.

Still on Skyrim and Madden 18;.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Red Dead Redemption II is everything I was hoping for/expecting.

It's not terribly different from the last installation as far as gameplay goes... which is a good thing.

It's just much bigger, more broad, and deeper. To me, there's almost too many achievements and ways to upgrade or obtain upgrades. I've done the minor/easy upgrades so far (split point bullets, arrows, etc.) but I don't believe I've yet to have anything crafted yet. If I have 2-3 ingredients, it seems like the one thing I'm missing is too far away or not convenient to find (like a perfect pelt or animal that's only native or easily found in a far region.)
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(11-21-2018, 06:28 PM)pirkster Wrote: Red Dead Redemption II is everything I was hoping for/expecting.

It's not terribly different from the last installation as far as gameplay goes... which is a good thing.

It's just much bigger, more broad, and deeper.  To me, there's almost too many achievements and ways to upgrade or obtain upgrades.  I've done the minor/easy upgrades so far (split point bullets, arrows, etc.) but I don't believe I've yet to have anything crafted yet.  If I have 2-3 ingredients, it seems like the one thing I'm missing is too far away or not convenient to find (like a perfect pelt or animal that's only native or easily found in a far region.)

Is it like Skyrim with guns? I was thinking about picking this up. May wait now to see if any retailers cut the price down or sweeten the deal with collectibles or DLC for Christmas. I didn't see anything that good for Black Friday deals going on right now. But with it being a brand new release it's not surprising. Once Christmas starts getting close I'll check again.

Probably pick-up RDRII and that God of War title from last year or earlier this year if there's a deal on it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-23-2018, 07:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-21-2018, 06:28 PM)pirkster Wrote: Red Dead Redemption II is everything I was hoping for/expecting.

It's just much bigger, more broad, and deeper.  To me, there's almost too many achievements and ways to upgrade or obtain upgrades.  I've done the minor/easy upgrades so far (split point bullets, arrows, etc.) but I don't believe I've yet to have anything crafted yet.  If I have 2-3 ingredients, it seems like the one thing I'm missing is too far away or not convenient to find (like a perfect pelt or animal that's only native or easily found in a far region.)

Is it like Skyrim with guns? I was thinking about picking this up. May wait now to see if any retailers cut the price down or sweeten the deal with collectibles or DLC for Christmas. I didn't see anything that good for Black Friday deals going on right now. But with it being a brand new release it's not surprising. Once Christmas starts getting close I'll check again.

Probably pick-up RDRII and that God of War title from last year or earlier this year if there's a deal on it.

It's beyond Skyrim. Beyond any game I've ever played in my life.

It's breathtaking. The graphics, the sounds... everything. It's a magnificent achievement that can't be described. You legit have to play it. I haven't stopped playing. You feel part of 1899 and part of Dutch's Boys.

Red Dead Redemption 2. Amazing game.

I wouldn't really say it's Skyrim with Guns. I'd say Fallout is Skyrim with Guns. Skyrim is all about exploration, with a main story that's not really that important. You can sink 100 hours into Skyrim without touching most of the main story. And in the end, you wouldn't really be missing out on too much. With RDR2 exploration is a bit more optional. You could definitely sink many hours into exploring without touching the main storyline, but then you'd be missing out on a lot. With Skyrim, the real meat of the game is everything else. While in RDR2 the meat of the game is the main story

Hitman2 is also cool.

Smash Ultimate comes out tonight, though I won't be playing until after Xmas.

Yeah Red Dead 2 is not disappointing at all.

(12-11-2018, 03:15 PM)Kane Wrote: Yeah Red Dead 2 is not disappointing at all.

I have read glowing reviews of this game, which is the polar opposite of what I heard/read regarding Fallout 76.

Red dead online is pretty fun as well.

I haven’t bought a Madden in over a decade. Which of the recent editions have the better Jags team 17 or 18?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

I'm currently playing Madden 19. I got the Jags 2-0 so far in franchise mode. My offense is just hail mary formation and I audible to run crossers and slants. And my defense on 1st and 2nd is man attack blitz 7, and 3rd down is Tampa 2 zone. It's working. I got Bortles , Cole, Westbrook , Moncrief looking like a pro bowlers. The defense is looking like sacksonville times 2.

I'm surprised how well hunting with a bow and improved arrows is. Very satisfying, and rewarding.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I just finished RDR2 this weekend (both main story and epilogue) and I can wholeheartedly concur with the earlier posts here. Definitely one of the top games of 2018, and one of the best storylines I've ever played in a video game, even if I did end up spoiling the ending for myself. I'll probably play the post-ending game over the coming week, see if the game world itself holds up as well.

Madden this last years,pokemon lets go pickachu,and skyrim. note pokemon and skyrim on the switch

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Played Anthems demo over the weekend. While the server issues were present throughout the weekend they did manage to get some control of it and my brother and I managed to put in some good time in the game. It was a blast and I'm really missing the game now. The public demo will be up this weekend and the game releases on the 22nd. If you like some aspects of Destiny, Warframe, and The Division then this game might be what you have been looking for.

RDRII is legit! Satisfying to be able to get deep in a game and not have it end suddenly. Worth the $$.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]