Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An Interesting Trade Proposal

Who would Atlanta want with the number one overall pick though? This isn't a very appealing draft to want that pick. Ridley, when he's on the field at least, he's been a pretty competent receiver. He probably would have had a monster year with Kyle Pitts out there looking like the 2nd coming of Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates had he stuck it out.

His mental issues must be severe. I wouldn't risk it. This team is in far worse shape than Atlanta is in right now. Telvin Smith had his issues a few years ago. Really don't think it's a good fit or idea. This team is going to have to get creative in free agency and they should honestly start shopping that No. 1 or No. 2 overall pick now to see if anybody wants to bite on opening night.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 03:36 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

As good as Ridley is and i think he is one of the better WRs in the league when healthy. We aint going to give up the number 1 pick. People are sleeping on Thibs and Hutch as prospects imo and acting like the 1st overall pick aint much since no QB is there worth taking. I also think Neal is underrated as a prospect. After QB pass rusher and LT are the 2 next most valuable positions and im sure a lot of teams would love to add a very good pass rusher. We need to keep the first pick because we still need a pass rusher and another tackle. Id give 33 and a 4th and a later round pick for Ridley if everything checks out good and he agrees to an extension.

(01-07-2022, 02:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Who would Atlanta want with the number one overall pick though? This isn't a very appealing draft to want that pick. Ridley, when he's on the field at least, he's been a pretty competent receiver. He probably would have had a monster year with Kyle Pitts out there looking like the 2nd coming of Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates had he stuck it out.

His mental issues must be severe. I wouldn't risk it. This team is in far worse shape than Atlanta is in right now. Telvin Smith had his issues a few years ago. Really don't think it's a good fit or idea. This team is going to have to get creative in free agency and they should honestly start shopping that No. 1 or No. 2 overall pick now to see if anybody wants to bite on opening night.

One of the elite pass rushers in this draft in Hutch and Thibs.  Outside from QB, pass rusher is the 2nd most valuable position along with LT behind QB. People have wanted a pass rusher to pair with Allen for a long time and we have 2 guys sitting there which is rare.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 04:15 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2022, 03:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: As good as Ridley is and i think he is one of the better WRs in the league when healthy.  We aint going to give up the number 1 pick.  People are sleeping on Thibs and Hutch as prospects imo and acting like the 1st overall pick aint much since no QB is there worth taking.  I also think Neal is underrated as a prospect. After QB pass rusher and LT are the 2 next most valuable positions and im sure a lot of teams would love to add a very good pass rusher.  We need to keep the first pick because we still need a pass rusher and another tackle.  Id give 33 and a 4th and a later round pick for Ridley if everything checks out good and he agrees to an extension.

(01-07-2022, 02:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Who would Atlanta want with the number one overall pick though? This isn't a very appealing draft to want that pick. Ridley, when he's on the field at least, he's been a pretty competent receiver. He probably would have had a monster year with Kyle Pitts out there looking like the 2nd coming of Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates had he stuck it out.

One of the elite pass rushers in this draft in Hutch and Thibs.  Outside from QB, pass rusher is the 2nd most valuable position along with LT behind QB.  People have wanted a pass rusher to pair with Allen for a long time and we have 2 guys sitting there which is rare.

Not sold on Hutchinson and Thibodeaux. Both of them have inconsistencies. Both of them have already missed playing time due to injuries. This first round class in general concerns me. Especially the top 10 - 20 projected prospects. Getting a 2013 vibe to it. Expect a lot of overhype from the media to make the opening night sound exciting. 

Name the last Alabama offensive left tackle that's been worth a [BLEEP] in the NFL.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 04:48 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2022, 04:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 03:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: As good as Ridley is and i think he is one of the better WRs in the league when healthy.  We aint going to give up the number 1 pick.  People are sleeping on Thibs and Hutch as prospects imo and acting like the 1st overall pick aint much since no QB is there worth taking.  I also think Neal is underrated as a prospect. After QB pass rusher and LT are the 2 next most valuable positions and im sure a lot of teams would love to add a very good pass rusher.  We need to keep the first pick because we still need a pass rusher and another tackle.  Id give 33 and a 4th and a later round pick for Ridley if everything checks out good and he agrees to an extension.

One of the elite pass rushers in this draft in Hutch and Thibs.  Outside from QB, pass rusher is the 2nd most valuable position along with LT behind QB.  People have wanted a pass rusher to pair with Allen for a long time and we have 2 guys sitting there which is rare.

Not sold on Hutchinson and Thibodeaux. Both of them have inconsistencies. Both of them have already missed playing time due to injuries. This first round class in general concerns me. Especially the top 10 - 20 projected prospects. Getting a 2013 vibe to it. Expect a lot of overhype from the media to make the opening night sound exciting. 

Name the last Alabama offensive left tackle that's been worth a [BLEEP] in the NFL.
They were both pretty consistent from what i seen all year.  Hutch worst game was his last but they did a lot to contain him and no college pass rusher dominates every game.  Hutch and Thibs are better pass rushing prospects than any players in the last 2 drafts not named Chase Young.  Jonah Williams even though he got hurt his rookie year.  I think Neal is better than all these Alabama tackles to come out these last 10 or 20 years.   This class is much better than that 2013 class even though that class had a a lot of talent, GMs just badly evalutated that class and missed on a lot of the players.   Rhodes, Hopkins(one could argue the best WR in the game), Frederick(was probably the betst C in the game), Ertz, Slay, Kelce( one could argue the best TE in the game), Bell, Short, Mathiew, Terron Armstesd, Keenan Allen, Micah Hyde, Bakhitari ( one could argue the best tackle in the game), Juszczyk etc.

(01-07-2022, 04:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

No prospect is perfect and neither are Hutchinson and Thibodeaux, but I strongly believe either one of them could help this team immensely. 

I have the same feelings about Neal.

(01-07-2022, 04:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 04:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Not sold on Hutchinson and Thibodeaux. Both of them have inconsistencies. Both of them have already missed playing time due to injuries. This first round class in general concerns me. Especially the top 10 - 20 projected prospects. Getting a 2013 vibe to it. Expect a lot of overhype from the media to make the opening night sound exciting. 

They were both pretty consistent from what i seen all year.  Hutch worst game was his last but they did a lot to contain him and no college pass rusher dominates every game.  Hutch and Thibs are better pass rushing prospects than any players in the last 2 drafts not named Chase Young.  Jonah Williams even though he got hurt his rookie year.  I think Neal is better than all these Alabama tackles to come out these last 10 or 20 years.   This class is much better than that 2013 class even though that class had a a lot of talent, GMs just badly evalutated that class and missed on a lot of the players.   Rhodes, Hopkins(one could argue the best WR in the game), Frederick(was probably the betst C in the game), Ertz, Slay, Kelce( one could argue the best TE in the game), Bell, Short, Mathiew, Terron Armstesd, Keenan Allen, Micah Hyde, Bakhitari ( one could argue the best tackle in the game), Juszczyk etc.

Living just outside of Cincinnati, I can tell you Jonah Williams has been a disappointment. He just isn't very good in pass protection. He's given up 8 sacks this season. All of my friends who are Bengals fans, want the team to draft a LT and move Williams over to RT, where they believe he is a much better fit. Joe Burrow is the most sacked QB in the NFL this year.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 05:13 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-07-2022, 04:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 04:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They were both pretty consistent from what i seen all year.  Hutch worst game was his last but they did a lot to contain him and no college pass rusher dominates every game.  Hutch and Thibs are better pass rushing prospects than any players in the last 2 drafts not named Chase Young.  Jonah Williams even though he got hurt his rookie year.  I think Neal is better than all these Alabama tackles to come out these last 10 or 20 years.   This class is much better than that 2013 class even though that class had a a lot of talent, GMs just badly evalutated that class and missed on a lot of the players.   Rhodes, Hopkins(one could argue the best WR in the game), Frederick(was probably the betst C in the game), Ertz, Slay, Kelce( one could argue the best TE in the game), Bell, Short, Mathiew, Terron Armstesd, Keenan Allen, Micah Hyde, Bakhitari ( one could argue the best tackle in the game), Juszczyk etc.

Living just outside of Cincinnati, I can tell you Jonah Williams has been a disappointment. He just isn't very good in pass protection. He's given up 8 sacks this season. All of my friends who are Bengals fans, want the team to draft a LT and move Williams over to RT, where they believe he is a much better fit. Joe Burrow is the most sacked QB in the NFL this year.

This was earlier in the year from a Cincy site
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/10/9/22...les-in-nfl

PFF has him rated a 77.5 which is higher than any lineman on our team.  Either way when someone gets hurt and misses their whole rookie year its tough to make up for that year.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 06:18 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

I am sorry. I just have no hope anymore for this team. LOL.

I just hope they get the selection right. If they think it's Neal? Great. If they think it's Thibodeaux? Great. If they think it's Hutchinson? Great. Hell, if they think it's a WR or that safety out of Notre Dame? Grrrreat.

I really don't care. Just as long as the kid can come in and make a noticeable difference within a short amount of time. This team cannot afford anymore projects, jars on the shelves, tweener type of players that might "become" something down the road. No. Done with that. For now on. When you put a name on our big board? Every single player has to be somebody that you look at and say, in full confidence now, that's the key:

"Yep. This kid can come in and immediately either take this job over within a month of training or he's on the team somewhere paying dividends early".

I don't care if that means you draft a highly coveted talent with minor character concerns in RD5, RD6, etc. [BLEEP] pull the trigger. Need players. Need playmakers. Just take the damn kid.

I totally agree about shopping that 1st pick once Sunday's game is over. As much as I like Hutchinson, the Jaguars need to fill many needs and acquiring multiple picks would be my preference. As has been mentioned, great pass rushers are a prized commodity. Several teams picking in the top 10 are in dire need of edge rushers including the Jets and Giants- both possess two first round picks. The Eagles are also in need of pass rushers and have three 1st rounders, but their earliest pick looks to be in the 12-15 range. It would be preferable to stay in the top 10 if a trade down is made so the Jags could land a potentially great receiver or offensive lineman. If they aren't given a 2nd first rounder, I'd expect at least a high 2nd and 3rd - at the least. That would give them 6 picks in the top 70-75 enabling them to significantly improve several position groups. I'll be very disappointed if they fail to do this since the current team is so devoid of talent.

(01-07-2022, 02:18 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Why would Atlanta want to do this deal?  So they can offload Ridley and get a slightly better player at #1?  To be honest I'm not sure there is a huge difference between 1 and 10 from our perspective other than it feels better to take a WR at 10 than it does at 1.  If Ridley has mental health issues, don't think we need that on our team.  If he doesn't have mental health issues and is pouting because he is unhappy, not sure we need that either.  If he isn't happy in Atlanta, can't imagine he'll be much happier in Jacksonville.

If he was to pass a totally clean bill of health and there was absolutely no concern to his well being or commitment to playing his best in jacksonville, I think this would be a no brainer of a trade.

This is where I am on this. A lot of ifs imo. And the part about Johnson for the oline, Little is improving at Tackle. 31 pass protects last week and zero pressures. I know, I know, it is just one game but much improved from his first action this season. 

More about Little. Saw a couple of tweets claiming he has felt comfortable playing over on the right side so it sounds like he could move over there. That opens the door for tagging Cam again or drafting Neal. Counter that though with the draft site that says Neal isn't even the top oline prospect. Ekwonu is in their book. So we tag Cam or try very hard to get Armstead in FA

Getting him or tagging Cam and moving Little to RT would hopefully stabilize the bookends of the oline. Get another guard in the draft and we are a better set of protectors. That scenario opens the door for these possible trades. The Carolina trade works a little better for me. Picking at #6 almost guarantees we can get Williams from Bama. But is DJ Moore = a healthy, happy Ridley? No but too much unknown on the Ridley side of the equation. But Carolina would have to five up more than #6 and Moore. So add in a second this year and next year and we are cooking imo. Then with 2 seconds we get that guard and an ILB or another WR or Edge player.

To me, that is the best option as far as trading down is concerned. This avoids guys with MH issues. We are very fortunate that DJ was forthcoming about his depression and how he is handling that. He is a fine young man that has stepped up and shown a path to working at good mental health and he will always have my respect. He wants to get paid and I hope it is with us. DJ, Williams, Moore, Treadwell and Viska plus one more in the second round and WR room is thoroughly addressed.

(01-08-2022, 12:30 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:

I totally agree about shopping that 1st pick once Sunday's game is over. As much as I like Hutchinson, the Jaguars need to fill many needs and acquiring multiple picks would be my preference. As has been mentioned, great pass rushers are a prized commodity. Several teams picking in the top 10 are in dire need of edge rushers including the Jets and Giants- both possess two first round picks. The Eagles are also in need of pass rushers and have three 1st rounders, but their earliest pick looks to be in the 12-15 range. It would be preferable to stay in the top 10 if a trade down is made so the Jags could land a potentially great receiver or offensive lineman. If they aren't given a 2nd first rounder, I'd expect at least a high 2nd and 3rd - at the least. That would give them 6 picks in the top 70-75 enabling them to significantly improve several position groups. I'll be very disappointed if they fail to do this since the current team is so devoid of talent.

Agreed. There's plenty of ammunition and possibilities in the first round this year to make some kind of trade. Just need the right man in charge to wheel and deal.

(01-07-2022, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 04:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Living just outside of Cincinnati, I can tell you Jonah Williams has been a disappointment. He just isn't very good in pass protection. He's given up 8 sacks this season. All of my friends who are Bengals fans, want the team to draft a LT and move Williams over to RT, where they believe he is a much better fit. Joe Burrow is the most sacked QB in the NFL this year.

This was earlier in the year from a Cincy site

PFF has him rated a 77.5 which is higher than any lineman on our team.  Either way when someone gets hurt and misses their whole rookie year its tough to make up for that year.

The grade is so high because his run blocking is way ahead of his pass protection. He is very uneven. Williams' pass protection stinks.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 04:51 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-08-2022, 01:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This was earlier in the year from a Cincy site

The grade is so high because his run blocking is way ahead of his pass protection. He is very uneven. Williams' pass protection stinks.

I wouldnt say stinks, I think you are just looking at the sack number and see that the Bengals lead the league in sacks given up. You have always done that though, just look at the sack number. You do the same for the defenders. Williams is their highest graded pass blocker

I still think we need to look into trading for Michael Thomas. We might be able to get him for our 3rd and say a 5th.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 05:15 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

I really want one of Thibs or Hutch but if we do trade back im takng Drake London depending on how far we drop back. Hes WR 1 for me. Williams is my 2nd WR. Im honestly to the point where if we stay at 1 im trying to trade back into the 1st to take London. Dude will be a difference maker for Trevor. When trying to think of a comparrison for London I think Mike Evans is a good one or a faster Allen Robinson before the injury. Dude is a 1 on 1 matchup nightmare

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 08:15 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-08-2022, 04:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 01:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The grade is so high because his run blocking is way ahead of his pass protection. He is very uneven. Williams' pass protection stinks.

I wouldnt say stinks, I think you are just looking at the sack number and see that the Bengals lead the league in sacks given up.  You have always done that though, just look at the sack number.  You do the same for the defenders.  Williams is their highest graded pass blocker

I watch the Bengals play every week on local tv. His pass blocking stinks! I'm not just looking at numbers. I see the guy on my television, EVERY WEEK. I live like 35 miles outside of Cincinnati. I know Bengals football, almost as much as I know Jaguars football. Literally all of my friends are Bengals fans. My entire fantasy football league that I've been in for over 20 years, are all Bengals fans. Almost every guy in that league has expressed how Williams needs to move to RT, because he can't handle the LT position. He was actually drafted to be the starting RT and Cordy Glenn was supposed to be the LT, but Glenn got into a beef with the team about how his concussion was being treated and it went on for weeks. He finally got suspended, railed against the team and then he was released. It was all over the local news that entire season. Jonah Williams had to stay at LT, because they didn't even have anyone even close to being starting LT material. Many people, including myself, thought they would draft Penei Sewell to take over at LT in the 2021 draft, but about 2 weeks before it was to take place, the team changed their mind and decided to draft Ja'Marr Chase. It has worked out very well, but they still need to upgrade the O-Line. I fully believe they will take a LT in this draft and move Williams to RT. That's also what my friends say as well.

(01-08-2022, 04:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I still think we need to look into trading for Michael Thomas.  We might be able to get him for our 3rd and say a 5th.

That would be a dumb move. He has been away from football for like 2 years and he won't have Drew Brees throwing to him. He's also a headcase.

(01-07-2022, 02:18 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Why would Atlanta want to do this deal?  So they can offload Ridley and get a slightly better player at #1?  To be honest I'm not sure there is a huge difference between 1 and 10 from our perspective other than it feels better to take a WR at 10 than it does at 1.  If Ridley has mental health issues, don't think we need that on our team.  If he doesn't have mental health issues and is pouting because he is unhappy, not sure we need that either.  If he isn't happy in Atlanta, can't imagine he'll be much happier in Jacksonville.

If he was to pass a totally clean bill of health and there was absolutely no concern to his well being or commitment to playing his best in jacksonville, I think this would be a no brainer of a trade.

I understand the need for targets for TL. I never like solving another team's personnel problem with our #1 or #2 pick. If our GM was to do this I want a clause that says "if the player traded for changes his mind and plays like (bleep) here or becomes a personnel issue here I the GM resign". 

We really need an offensive line .... or all the skill players you have will only have time for short routes.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 11:26 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

While most people envision teams trading into the top spot for a QB and Atlanta does not seem to be in the immediate market for a QB, nor does there seem to be at this point a QB worthy of the top spot, it does not mean Atlanta would have no conceivable interest in moving up.  There are three-five  reasons (depending on how you phrase/group them) why Atlanta may have an interest in moving up in this draft. 

The need is there,

the talent may necessitate the move,

from a positional importance standpoint

Demand for the position

Scheme may mandate it,

Currently, Atlanta is last in the league in sacks with 17, per NFL.com.  That's right, kids.  Their pass rush is worse than ours!

Their leading sacker is Dante Fowler with 4.5 sacks.  They could definitely use edge rushing help

By most accounts, the top two prospects in this draft are edge rushers in Kayvon Thibodeaux and Aiden Hutchinson.  Not far below is Purdue's Karlaftsis, who is projected by most to be the 3rd rated edge rusher in the draft and another top ten caliber prospect.

The problem for Atlanta is they are picking 10th, and there are a lot of teams ahead of them who need pass rush help.  Tom Coughlin once said that when teams are building, the order of importance is to get a QB, then get the guys to go after the QB, then get the guys who protect the QB.  The Jaguars, arguably Texans, the Jets and arguably the Falcons already have their QBs.  Detroit, Carolina and the Giants likely do NOT have their QBs.  There is always the possibility a QB will be over drafted early.  But if teams stick to the boards, the pass rushers should go early because of positional importance/demand. 

Per PFN's simulator, the draft order currently looks like this

1.  Jacksonville
2.  Detroit
3.  Houston
4. NY Jets
5.  NY Giants
6.  Carolina
7.  NY Jets
8.  N.Y. Giants
9.  Washington
10.  Atlanta

We all know Jacksonville's pass rush is lackluster.  We're 2nd worse in that category.  Detroit is 3rd worst and they pick 2nd.

When they jettisoned JJ Watt, Whitney Mercilus, et al, the Texans lost all of their edge rushers.

The Jets could use an edge rusher.  We just played them a couple of weeks ago, and we had one of our best protection games of the year.  They spent a lot of capital-draft and free agency-upgrading the offense last year.    You can argue the defense is in worse shape, and they still have two second round picks with which to upgrade the offense if needed.

The Giants have been looking for an edge rusher for years.  The year we drafted Josh Allen, the Giants took QB Daniel Jones ahead of us, but tried to trade up with us to get Allen to provide that edge rush.  Assuming they retain their 2-4 scheme, they will nee the edge rusher

The Jets and the Giants both have two first round picks in the top ten.

As you can see, the demand is there ahead of Atlanta. 

On top of that, Atlanta is running a 3-4 scheme.  The guy who is projected to be picked 3rd of the top 3 edge rushers, Karlaftsis, is more of 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB because of size and physical traits.  If Atlanta is to get a scheme fit, they will have to target the two guys who more closely fit that 3-4 OLB paradigm, and that's Thibs and Hutch.  But if all the 3-4 teams ahead of them keep their schemes, they will all need the guys who can rush from a 2 point stance.  That means at minimum, they will be competing with the Giants for those top two players.

With the lack of top tier QB prospects in this draft and the high demand for edge rushers, and scheme requirements, it makes considerable sense for Atlanta to move up if the price is reasonable.  Atlanta has some draft capital with which to move up, with two second round pucks, plus a WR that may not be of any use to them any longer.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I would only trade with ATL if they also give us their second rd pick plus a mentally stable Ridley. Otherwise I look elsewhere for a trade partner

(01-09-2022, 10:21 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: I would only trade with ATL if they also give us their second rd pick plus a mentally stable Ridley. Otherwise I look elsewhere for a trade partner

Agreed.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!