Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Black Monday

(01-10-2022, 11:53 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: C'mon Shad! Add Baalke to the list. I know you don't WANT to, but you NEED to.

Any minute now we should here something, right….right??? Wallbash

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-10-2022, 04:22 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 04:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Please tell me the Colts are considering firing Frank Reich.

If they fired Reich, I would laugh my [BLEEP] off.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ank-reich/

Is Reich good? He's terrible at in game management. All of his fourth down attempts yesterday put the colts in a position of desperation.

Is he good at developing players? I've not seen him with a young QB still in need of development, just Luck, Rivers, and now Wentz.

Riech was good with the Chargers and Eagles.  he got the Colts turned around and into the playoffs last year.

He helped develop Wentz in Philly.

Until Wentz;s Garrardian type meltdown these past two weeks, the Colts were in a position to make the playoffs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 04:39 PM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-10-2022, 04:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 04:22 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Is Reich good? He's terrible at in game management. All of his fourth down attempts yesterday put the colts in a position of desperation.

Is he good at developing players? I've not seen him with a young QB still in need of development, just Luck, Rivers, and now Wentz.

Riech was good with the Chargers and Eagles.  he got the Colts turned around and into the playoffs last year.

Until Wentz;s Garrardian type meltdown these past two weeks, the Colts were in a position to make the playoffs.

Wentz looks like the same guy he was in Philly, which is a gamer manager. Every time I watch the colts play I get the distinct impression that either Reich can't gameplan or can't follow a gameplan.

I think the colts under him have achieved at about their talent level, not greater than it

Joe Judge out as Giants coach, just reported.

Judge sucked. I predicted that. I guess I was right. So many openings right now. I wonder who will be the first team to hire

(01-10-2022, 11:01 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: So thought it may be worth keeping an eye on who else will be HC hunting this year. So far ive seen 3 HC's fired.

Fangio- Broncos- went 7-10 with Bridgewater at QB, that doesnt seem too bad

Nagy- Bears- That ones been coming for weeks. GM gone too

Flores- Miami- Bit of a shocker, finished 9-8 and started 1-7 but went 8-1. Would be a solid DC for someone.

Zimmer- Vikings- He did a solid job there, could be a good pickup for someone. Also the GM is gone.

The Flores firing is crazy. Finished 8-1
As a Jag fan, I’ll gladly take that.

Lose to the jags get fired
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(01-10-2022, 04:38 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 04:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Riech was good with the Chargers and Eagles.  he got the Colts turned around and into the playoffs last year.

Wentz looks like the same guy he was in Philly, which is a gamer manager. Every time I watch the colts play I get the distinct impression that either Reich can't gameplan or can't follow a gameplan.

I think the colts under him have achieved at about their talent level, not greater than it

Seems like the Colts lack pass rushers, QB, and WRs.  They have a lot of talent everywhere else, but those are critical positions.

Just reported that the Texans have fired David Culley.

Poor guy. He got a thankless job. Here take this dumpster and push it over there. Ok thanks now be gone.

(01-13-2022, 04:34 PM)Brett Wrote: Just reported that the Texans have fired David Culley.

David Culley got much more out of the Texans than most expected.   In essence,  the end result going into the 2021 season was Culley had practically no chance to keep his job beyond the 2021 season.

(01-12-2022, 09:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 11:01 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: So thought it may be worth keeping an eye on who else will be HC hunting this year. So far ive seen 3 HC's fired.

Flores- Miami- Bit of a shocker, finished 9-8 and started 1-7 but went 8-1. Would be a solid DC for someone.

Zimmer- Vikings- He did a solid job there, could be a good pickup for someone. Also the GM is gone.

I can't think of a good reason for the Jags not to interview Flores.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-13-2022, 04:45 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 04:34 PM)Brett Wrote: Just reported that the Texans have fired David Culley.

David Culley got much more out of the Texans than most expected.   In essence,  the end result going into the 2021 season was Culley had practically no chance to keep his job beyond the 2021 season.

I sure wouldn't want that job after seeing what they did to him with this move.

(01-13-2022, 08:30 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 04:45 PM)D6 Wrote: David Culley got much more out of the Texans than most expected.   In essence,  the end result going into the 2021 season was Culley had practically no chance to keep his job beyond the 2021 season.

I sure wouldn't want that job after seeing what they did to him with this move.

Same here.  

The same with the Dolphins Head Coach job.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2022, 09:53 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(01-13-2022, 04:45 PM)D6 Wrote:

I thought he did a commendable job considering what he was saddled with.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 01:19 PM by D6. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-13-2022, 09:53 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 04:45 PM)D6 Wrote: David Culley got much more out of the Texans than most expected.   In essence,  the end result going into the 2021 season was Culley had practically no chance to keep his job beyond the 2021 season.

I thought he did a commendable job considering what he was saddled with.

I definitely agree.

The Texans win over the LA Chargers,  with a depleted roster due to COVID-19 test results and injuries, on top of an already limited roster,  is the type of result that warrants Coach of the Year consideration.   That much more with the impact that game had on the AFC Playoff Race.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 05:35 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-12-2022, 09:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

He beat the Texans, Ravens, Jets x2, Panthers, Giants, Saints, Patriots x2, Falcons
Lost to Jax, Blown out 35-0 by Bills, lost in OT to the Raiders, Stomped by Clots, Bills again, and stomped by Titans.

So essentially you think it's crazy that a coach who barely beat bad teams, and got curb stomped by good teams and lost to the jags should be worth looking into? 

I would be highly dissapointed to bring in Flores.

(01-13-2022, 07:04 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 09:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Flores firing is crazy. Finished 8-1

I can't think of a good reason for the Jags not to interview Flores.

He barely beat bad teams, got stomped by the good ones, and lost to Urban Meyer. 

There ya go.

Mayock out in Vegas.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-17-2022, 07:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Mayock out in Vegas.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Draft coverage in April just got better.