Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Experts mock draft thread

(03-07-2022, 06:13 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Hopefully PFF will fix their rankings in light of the combine. I ran several more drafts this weekend. The players they have still around in the fourth round and beyond is really unreasonable.

They will. I tried to stay realistic. I took Jelani at 70 when he was ranked like 220.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A 5 round mock from Walter Football

https://walterfootball.com/draft2022.php

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Really stretching the title of expert there lol.

(03-08-2022, 07:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote: A 5 round mock from Walter Football

Would love if the draft fell like that but i dont like the picks.

Id go

1. Hutchinson
2. Dotson
3. McBride
3. Muma
4. Metchie
5. Shaffer

Hmm, I've been the guy pushing Lucas big time but 33 is probably too rich for me. Maybe it won't feel like that in a month.

(03-08-2022, 08:23 PM)Upper Wrote: Hmm, I've been the guy pushing Lucas big time but 33 is probably too rich for me. Maybe it won't feel like that in a month.

I could get on board with that if I were sold on him as a pass protector...but I'd prefer ihim in the 3rd round if possible...or at least at the bottom of the 2nd.

I don't hate it.  But i don't really like most of the picks, either.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2022, 09:47 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-08-2022, 09:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 08:23 PM)Upper Wrote: Hmm, I've been the guy pushing Lucas big time but 33 is probably too rich for me. Maybe it won't feel like that in a month.

I could get on board with that if I were sold on him as a pass protector...but I'd prefer ihim in the 3rd round if possible...or at least at the bottom of the 2nd.

He is a good pass protector, he has a lot of experience, he ran a 4.4 flat SS (OTs that run sub 4.47 basically don't miss), crushed the other drills too, did very well at the senior bowl, and he played his whole career at right tackle.

I'd still rather have him at 65, but the more I think about it I could easily talk myself into being happy with him at 33.

(03-08-2022, 09:46 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 09:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I could get on board with that if I were sold on him as a pass protector...but I'd prefer ihim in the 3rd round if possible...or at least at the bottom of the 2nd.

He is a good pass protector, he has a lot of experience, he ran a 4.4 flat SS (OTs that run sub 4.47 basically don't miss), crushed the other drills too, did very well at the senior bowl, and he played his whole career at right tackle.

I'd still rather have him at 65, but the more I think about it I could easily talk myself into being happy with him at 33.

It will be difficult to pass on Dotson at 33, if he is there. Much will depend on how free agency goes.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2022, 12:57 AM by Bullseye.)

(03-09-2022, 12:26 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 09:46 PM)Upper Wrote: He is a good pass protector, he has a lot of experience, he ran a 4.4 flat SS (OTs that run sub 4.47 basically don't miss), crushed the other drills too, did very well at the senior bowl, and he played his whole career at right tackle.

It will be difficult to pass on Dotson at 33, if he is there. Much will depend on how free agency goes.

Depending on what happens in free agency, I could see the team passing on Dotson at 33.

I don't think I'd want them to do that, but it could happen, especially if

1.  The Jaguars allow Chark to leave;

2.  They didn't get a #1 i free agency and;

3.  Dotson has too small a frame in their minds/Pederson prefers bigger receivers

GenJag post combine Mock...

https://www.genjag.com/jacksonville-jagu...mock-draft

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2022, 09:57 AM by Mikey.)

Bold of the Phins to be attempting a position switch for Walker....

Quote:Miami Dolphins: Kenneth Walker III, WR, Michigan State

One thing I can agree with is I like the idea of Corral to Seattle. I could see them waiting, and taking someone who doesn't need to start on day 1, but who eventually takes the reins. I don't think they need to go all in on someone like Willis.

(03-08-2022, 07:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Would love if the draft fell like that but i dont like the picks.

Id go

1. Hutchinson
2. Dotson
3. McBride
3. Muma
4. Metchie
5. Shaffer

Yeah, I got to pick 2, Lol'd a bit, and then read through the rest, and it's a mock, I'll give it that.

(03-09-2022, 09:56 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Bold of the Phins to be attempting a position switch for Walker....

Quote:Miami Dolphins: Kenneth Walker III, WR, Michigan State

One thing I can agree with is I like the idea of Corral to Seattle. I could see them waiting, and taking someone who doesn't need to start on day 1, but who eventually takes the reins. I don't think they need to go all in on someone like Willis.

(03-08-2022, 07:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would love if the draft fell like that but i dont like the picks.

Id go

1. Hutchinson
2. Dotson
3. McBride
3. Muma
4. Metchie
5. Shaffer

Yeah, I got to pick 2, Lol'd a bit, and then read through the rest, and it's a mock, I'll give it that.
The have Watson going in the first, I could see that.  As of now I want Dotson or Watson at 33.  If both are there at 33 that would be a tough decision

I need to rethink on Dotson. I knew he was going to be small, but to be that small and also to bomb the agility and be just ok in the jumps is kinda worrisome. Even the good 40 time is kind of up in the air since everyone ran so fast because of the new Indy turf. If he's really more like a 4.5 flat guy instead of a 4.41 guy then he is just a bad physical package all around.

I honestly might rather have Pickens straight up now.

If he's there, I don't think we can pass up Watson at 33

(03-09-2022, 10:21 AM)Upper Wrote: I need to rethink on Dotson. I knew he was going to be small, but to be that small and also to bomb the agility and be just ok in the jumps is kinda worrisome. Even the good 40 time is kind of up in the air since everyone ran so fast because of the new Indy turf. If he's really more like a 4.5 flat guy instead of a 4.41 guy then he is just a bad physical package all around.

I honestly might rather have Pickens straight up now.
I forget the podcast I was listening to (maybe Kyle Yates) but he said Pickens is one of like 3 guys who have the upside to be a true #1 WR.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2022, 11:13 AM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

Watson probably should be a strong candidate at 33 but I just don't know enough to say yet, I haven't watched him enough. A guy jumping straight from NDSU to WR1 on a team needing an instant impact playmaker seems a lot riskier than counting on Pickens to do that.

I love Drake London but at 2?!

I forgot how absurd some of these mocks get when they venture away from the norm.

(03-09-2022, 11:10 AM)Upper Wrote: Watson probably should be a strong candidate at 33 but I just don't know enough to say yet, I haven't watched him enough. A guy jumping straight from NDSU to WR1 on a team needing an instant impact playmaker seems a lot riskier than counting on Pickens to do that.

I disagree, so you've seen enough of Pickens to take him at 33?  There have been a bunch great WRs come from smaller schools so im not to worried about that like I would be at other positions.  Pickens would be the riskier pick imo with his injury history and maturity concerns.  I think Watson is WR 2 for me behind London at this point

Jameson is still WR1.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2022, 02:13 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-09-2022, 12:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 11:10 AM)Upper Wrote: Watson probably should be a strong candidate at 33 but I just don't know enough to say yet, I haven't watched him enough. A guy jumping straight from NDSU to WR1 on a team needing an instant impact playmaker seems a lot riskier than counting on Pickens to do that.

I disagree, so you've seen enough of Pickens to take him at 33?  There have been a bunch great WRs come from smaller schools so im not to worried about that like I would be at other positions.  Pickens would be the riskier pick imo with his injury history and maturity concerns.  I think Watson is WR 2 for me behind London at this point

Very, very, very hard pass on Pickens.

(03-09-2022, 12:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Jameson is still WR1.

I recently saw a video of his rehab and he's already pushing around a weighted sled. It makes me believe he has a chance to be ready by the start of the season.