Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dolphins hire nerd

New HC looks like the leader of a Revenge of the Nerds brigade. He went to Yale, but I hope he can command respect in the locker room. Really bad optics to fire Flores and hire Bill Gates’s son.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2022, 09:09 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

He was the top young coach i was hoping we would look at

Gonna be good for Tua

I'm just rooting for the Texans to hire McCown. They deserve to suck!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-06-2022, 09:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm just rooting for the Texans to hire McCown.  They deserve to suck!

That would be awesome. They have hands down the worst Front Office.

I was also happy to see the Titans are keeping Tannehill - diminishing returns on him, combined with an older roster. I think their window with Derek Henry is just about closed.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(02-06-2022, 09:38 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 09:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm just rooting for the Texans to hire McCown.  They deserve to suck!

I was also happy to see the Titans are keeping Tannehill - diminishing returns on him, combined with an older roster. I think their window with Derek Henry is just about closed.

Agreed.

The trade for Julio Jones did not help them at all.

There is also talk of them cutting Lewan.

I love it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-06-2022, 09:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 09:38 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: That would be awesome. They have hands down the worst Front Office.

Agreed.

The trade for Julio Jones did not help them at all.

There is also talk of them cutting Lewan.

I love it.

The Julio Jones trade pushed them into cap problems. They are 7-10 million over. He is hitting it for 14 million next year, they cut him they have to eat 13+ million in dead money. So stuck with him another year.  Cutting Lewan would save about 12 million.  So I guess it is possible they trade or cut?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

McCown is out of it, it's looking like Lovie Smith might get the job

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2022, 11:16 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-06-2022, 11:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

McCown is out of it, it's looking like Lovie Smith might get the job

Always liked Lovie.  Thought he got a raw deal in Tampa.  Did not realize he was in contention in Houston.   I think whomever gets the job there has got their work cut out for them though.

Lovie Smith for a year. Probably with contingency that Mccown is his OC, then they fire Lovie in a year no matter how he does (and with Davis Mills as QB, what can you really expect?) and promote McCown.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2022, 09:03 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-07-2022, 12:07 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Lovie Smith for a year. Probably with contingency that Mccown is his OC, then they fire Lovie in a year no matter how he does (and with Davis Mills as QB, what can you really expect?) and promote McCown.

Mills looked decent last year, I think they got bigger problems right now than Mills

(02-06-2022, 09:38 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

The Titans gave Tannehill a 4 year $118 million contract 2 seasons ago, and restructured it this last season (converting base to bonus).  His 2022 is guaranteed.  If they tried to release him, he would have a $57 million dead cap hit!  They have no choice but to ride with him another season.  BTW, his deadcap next offseason is still about $19 million.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2022, 11:25 AM by Mikey.)

(02-06-2022, 08:45 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: New HC looks like the leader of a Revenge of the Nerds brigade. He went to Yale, but I hope he can command respect in the locker room. Really bad optics to fire Flores and hire Bill Gates’s son.

I remember hearing or reading something on him just before the NFCCG, and that was the first time I even knew he existed. 

Good for him, someone had to take the job, it will look good on his resume when he's taking job interviews in the future.

(02-07-2022, 12:07 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Lovie Smith for a year. Probably with contingency that Mccown is his OC, then they fire Lovie in a year no matter how he does (and with Davis Mills as QB, what can you really expect?) and promote McCown.

if that's the plan, why not roll with Culley for one more season?
Just when I think we have the most boneheaded hiring processes....

(02-07-2022, 09:48 AM)ATLjag Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 09:38 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: That would be awesome. They have hands down the worst Front Office.

The Titans gave Tannehill a 4 year $118 million contract 2 seasons ago, and restructured it this last season (converting base to bonus).  His 2022 is guaranteed.  If they tried to release him, he would have a $57 million dead cap hit!  They have no choice but to ride with him another season.  BTW, his deadcap next offseason is still about $19 million.

This is great news. Any factors contributing to the rapid demise of the Tacks is welcome.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption