Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyler Murray stepping away from the Cardinals?

(07-26-2022, 01:17 AM)p_rushing Wrote: His contract says he has to study film 4 hours a week at home and they will some how track it to make sure he is actually watching it and not paying someone to click for him or just playing video games while it plays.

They knew he didn't study but still paid him all that money? Smart decisions for them, good luck getting him to try to get better.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Yes, on the NFL Network this morning the GMF analysts were saying this was an embarrassing clause for Murray (but the $$ is well worth it).  Brady and Manning probably studied 4 hours per day, independent of their team sessions.  Perhaps that explains Murray's demise midway thought each season and his pathetic performance in the playoffs last season.  I like him as a QB at $20m/year but def not at $40 mil.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-26-2022, 01:17 AM)p_rushing Wrote: His contract says he has to study film 4 hours a week at home and they will some how track it to make sure he is actually watching it and not paying someone to click for him or just playing video games while it plays.

They knew he didn't study but still paid him all that money? Smart decisions for them, good luck getting him to try to get better.

Recent interviews by Murray concerning this clause are making the case as to why it was included in the first place. The guy needs to gain some maturity. So if he doesn't meet the study requirements, does that render the contract null and void? Embarrassing all around, both for Murray and the Cards.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(07-28-2022, 07:11 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

Recent interviews by Murray concerning this clause are making the case as to why it was included in the first place.  The guy needs to gain some maturity.  So if he doesn't meet the study requirements, does that render the contract null and void?  Embarrassing all around, both for Murray and the Cards.

If Murray loses his contract over something like that, his reputation will be toast. The next team will pay him peanuts.

Cards remove 'study' clause from Murray contract
https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-remov...re_article

LOL... He no longer has to Study. The clause was removed from his contract.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2022, 09:58 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(07-29-2022, 09:01 AM)NH3 Wrote: Cards remove 'study' clause from Murray contract

NH3...

No need for it now....Cards management got their point across and out there. At least now he doesn't have to use the 'dog ate my game film zip drive' excuse.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-29-2022, 09:01 AM)NH3 Wrote: Cards remove 'study' clause from Murray contract

NH3...

....probably too much of a challenge for interns to dig up four hours of game film each week to feed him
@@

I wonder if this means that instead of independent study, he'll be getting 4 hrs in the clubhouse with coaches each week?

I wonder if the NFLPA complained, leading to the removal of the clause, or if the league suggested its removal.

(07-29-2022, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:

NH3...

....probably too much of a challenge for interns to dig up four hours of game film each week to feed him
@@

I wonder if this means that instead of independent study, he'll be getting 4 hrs in the clubhouse with coaches each week?

I wonder if the NFLPA complained, leading to the removal of the clause, or if the league suggested its removal.

Most likely the NFLPA complained or someone figured out it was illegal to require him to "work" outside of the approved hours by the CBA. Basically the team was requiring overtime, not paying him for it, penalizing him if he didn't do it, and going against the allowed number of hours of practice and meetings each week. There was no way it would be legal unless they were giving him 4 hours a week off from team meetings to study on his own.