Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Falcons release LB Dante Fowler Jr

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3330...-fowler-jr

Quote:The [font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Atlanta Falcons released Dante Fowler Jr. on Wednesday, moving on from the outside linebacker with one year left on his contract.[/font]

Fowler had taken a pay cut entering the 2021 season as part of a reconfigured contract and then failed to hit any of the incentives that were placed in the deal, playing in 14 games -- starting six -- and finishing with 4.5 sacks.
The 27-year-old had incentive markers in his contract -- $1 million bonuses starting at five sacks. As part of the reworked contract entering 2021, it meant his cap hit would be more than $29 million -- something that likely would have been untenable for Atlanta.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2022, 08:51 PM by ATLjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

He's still only 27. Someone will sign him for more than he is worth hoping to rekindle his 2019 Rams season. In 4 of 6 seasons, he has had 4.5 or less sacks (including 4.5 and 3 the past two seasons for the Falcons). A question....is he better, worse, or about the same as Chaisson?

Not a surprise. He's had one really good season with the Rams, but has been a huge disappointment in Atlanta.

(02-16-2022, 07:13 PM)ATLjag Wrote: He's still only 27.  Someone will sign him for more than he is worth hoping to rekindle his 2019 Rams season.  In 4 of 6 seasons, he has had 4.5 or less sacks (including 4.5 and 3 the past two seasons for the Falcons).  A question....is he better, worse, or about the same as Chaisson?

For sure better than Chaisson, but to qualify as better than, you just have to have both arms (fingers optional) and both legs.

(02-16-2022, 07:13 PM)ATLjag Wrote: He's still only 27.  Someone will sign him for more than he is worth hoping to rekindle his 2019 Rams season.  In 4 of 6 seasons, he has had 4.5 or less sacks (including 4.5 and 3 the past two seasons for the Falcons).  A question....is he better, worse, or about the same as Chaisson?

Yeah, his age threw me for sure.

I say DFJ is a better fit in 3-4 than he was in 4-3 while here. If I'm looking for a pass rusher, I lean DFJ's way. If I want more help in the run game, maybe lean on Chiasson.

In either case, I don't feel good about relying on either to solve my OLB position.

There's nothing that suggests Fowler would be any better in a 3-4 than 4-3. It simply comes down to whether the opposing team remembers to block him or not.

PFF charts the number of sacks/hits/pressures off free rushes and Fowler was always at the top of the list. Must be nice playing with Calais/Malik/Yannick/Donald/Brockers.

(02-17-2022, 11:22 AM)Upper Wrote: There's nothing that suggests Fowler would be any better in a 3-4 than 4-3. It simply comes down to whether the opposing team remembers to block him or not.

PFF charts the number of sacks/hits/pressures off free rushes and Fowler was always at the top of the list. Must be nice playing with Calais/Malik/Yannick/Donald/Brockers.

I just always saw him as more light in the pants and undersized as a 4-3 end. YMMV.

Dante Fowler is a bust. Guy has proven he is just average. Not a bad depth signing for the right price, but never lived up to his draft position.

Bring him home Dave

(02-17-2022, 08:01 PM)Newton Wrote: Dante Fowler is a bust. Guy has proven he is just average. Not a bad depth signing for the right price, but never lived up to his draft position.

It's the Duval way.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 01:18 PM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

Fowler's high performance days are behind him as his stats shows. Someone may take a chance on him but I don't want it to be us.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"