Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Team Visits, Pro Days, and Workouts

(04-20-2022, 12:54 PM)Kane Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 08:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1516435193351090183

Stingley is an interesting visit...

I hope not! A string bean who dad one good season in 2019.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2022, 12:54 PM)Kane Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 08:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1516435193351090183

Stingley is an interesting visit...

I don't put too much into visits.  I think many fans assume that a visit means the team has a high interest in the player.  However, in many cases, I think it is more of a case of the team not being sure how to rank a player.  With Stingley, my guess is that they feel a visit will give them better intel on his injury and ultimately where to rank him.  

If we were to assume that a visit means high interest, yes, this would be surprising to me.  If I had to make a list of players likely to be drafted early, but not be on the Jaguars, he would be very high on it.  Stingley isn't good enough to even be in the conversation for the #1 overall pick.  He's also too good to fall to the #33 overall pick.  He fits nicely in the middle.  Even if the Jaguars were to significantly trade down from #1, that would likely be in the area where a wide receiver or other positions of need would make sense.  Outside of quarterback, cornerback is our position of least need for a starter.  We have 3 quality starters with two being recent free agent signings (with big cap hits if cut) and the other being an early draft pick from just last year.  I think it is safe to say that Stingley won't be a Jaguar.

(04-21-2022, 12:01 AM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...0775180291

I think there's a very good chance he's the pick at 33 if Quay goes in the 1st round.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 10:09 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

1. Hutch
2. Metchie
3. Muma

Would be very happy with those 1st 3 picks

If we could some how trade up for McBride with our other 3rd and 4th it would be a home run.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 12:40 PM by DTWD4∞. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-21-2022, 10:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1. Hutch
2. Metchie
3.  Muma

If we could some how trade up for McBride with our other 3rd and 4th it would be a home run.

Kinda like/ love it, but Metchie at 33 is a tad high for me. Now if 33 was traded down to around 40ish and another 2nd then very much yes and you may be able to get McBride that way except I don't see any trade partners for that in the 2nd round

(04-21-2022, 12:27 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
2. Metchie
3.  Muma

Kinda like/ love it, but Metchie at 33 is a tad high for me. Now if 33 was traded down to around 40ish and another 2nd then very much yes and you may be able to get McBride that way except I don't see any trade partners for that in the 2nd round

Metchie might fall a little because of the ACL tear but after reports the he might be ready by training camp maybe not.  Hes is a first round talent but if I really like him I'm not sure id risk trading back from 33.  if we could trade back to 40 and get him and McBride would be even better though

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 03:54 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-20-2022, 01:01 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 12:54 PM)Kane Wrote: Stingley is an interesting visit...

I hope not! A string bean who dad one good season in 2019.

I tend to agree. He had a phenomenal 2019 season, but was flat out bad, the next season and then missed almost all of 2021. That worries me. Players shouldn't regress like he did in 2020. Certainly not to the extent he did. I believe the talent is there, but the effort......... maybe not so much.

(04-21-2022, 10:00 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 12:01 AM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...0775180291

I think there's a very good chance he's the pick at 33 if Quay goes in the 1st round.

God, I hope Quay Walker goes in round 1. I'd much rather have Muma, Andersen or Harris.

2. Metchie
3.  Muma

Personally, I think that may be a bit too high for Metchie, but I certainly wouldn't complain about that kind of draft. I just don't anticipate our picks being that good.