Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Team Visits, Pro Days, and Workouts

(03-22-2022, 04:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I believe the combine should be kept in perspective, but that is a horrible performance.

And surprisingly to me at least, the athleticism/production charts show that TE is the most important skill position for athleticism.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-22-2022, 09:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...5926855693

I could see Melton as a later round target if WR doesn't quite go like they want in the earlier rounds or if they decide to even triple up at the position.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Hopefully this Malik Willis hype takes off. Lions needs a QB, and hopefully it makes someone want to jump them or Lions try to go to 1 to secure. Move down and take a WR.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 10:18 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-22-2022, 10:12 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Hopefully this Malik Willis hype takes off. Lions needs a QB, and hopefully it makes someone want to jump them or Lions try to go to 1 to secure. Move down and take a WR.

Agreed.

I'm also rooting for Kenny Pickett, Matt Corral and Sam Howell to succeed wildly too.

The more QBs that are appealing and the more desperate teams are to get them, the more teams will likely want to trade up to ensure they get their guy, which drives the price up for our pick.

This from Willis' pro day earlier today..

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...ty-pro-day

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 10:37 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-22-2022, 03:47 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 03:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: What happened. I heard he had some character issues
  Did he time poorly?
[Image: FOd8ggRWYAcDW4j?format=png&name=900x900]

He was probably the most overrated TE in this class anyway. I was never that impressed with him. I believe he will get drafted somewhere in the 6th or 7th round when the risk is minimal.

(03-22-2022, 09:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...5926855693

I hope we only view those players as UDFA's. Melton is not even in my top 25 WR prospects. I don't think he will get drafted.

(03-22-2022, 10:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 10:12 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Hopefully this Malik Willis hype takes off. Lions needs a QB, and hopefully it makes someone want to jump them or Lions try to go to 1 to secure. Move down and take a WR.

Agreed.

I'm also rooting for Kenny Pickett, Matt Corral and Sam Howell to succeed wildly too.

The more QBs that are appealing and the more desperate teams are to get them, the more teams will likely want to trade up to ensure they get their guy, which drives the price up for our pick.

I don't see that happening at all. Pickett is by far the best QB in the class and he only compares to Ryan Tannenhill or Kirk Cousins. Pretty much an average NFL QB. Nothing spectacular. Willis has a cannon for an arm and is very fast and mobile, but has zero pocket awareness and locks onto receivers. I like the kid as a person and hope he succeeds, but he runs so much, because he misses wide open receivers and gets "happy feet" in the pocket. He is RG3 2.0.

(03-22-2022, 10:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 10:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Agreed.

I don't see that happening at all. Pickett is by far the best QB in the class and he only compares to Ryan Tannenhill or Kirk Cousins. Pretty much an average NFL QB. Nothing spectacular. Willis has a cannon for an arm and is very fast and mobile, but has zero pocket awareness and locks onto receivers. I like the kid as a person and hope he succeeds, but he runs so much, because he misses wide open receivers and gets "happy feet" in the pocket. He is RG3 2.0.

It probably won't happen.

But then again, desperation for a QB makes teams do crazy things.  All it takes is for one team to get desperate for a QB to like one guy.

I'm seeing more and more mocks with QBs being taken in the top 10.  If this reflects the current thinking of the scouts/teams, I could see it happening.

Ultimately, I just want the team to get it right, whether we stay at 1 or trade back, or eventually trade up/down from 33.  We have to nail this draft.  I'm hoping we get 3-4 quality starters from this draft and more contributors.

(03-22-2022, 10:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Agreed.

I watched about 20 minutes of his pro day yesterday.  He is easy to like.  And his talent is easy to like.  I love the draft implications for the Jags.  And I really love to see his draft status rising.  If Detroit wants him, I don't think they can wait to move up to get him.  They better grab him at #2.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-22-2022, 10:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't see that happening at all. Pickett is by far the best QB in the class and he only compares to Ryan Tannenhill or Kirk Cousins. Pretty much an average NFL QB. Nothing spectacular. Willis has a cannon for an arm and is very fast and mobile, but has zero pocket awareness and locks onto receivers. I like the kid as a person and hope he succeeds, but he runs so much, because he misses wide open receivers and gets "happy feet" in the pocket. He is RG3 2.0.

FWIW, Pickett is an extremely good athlete. So was Tannehill as an ex WR at TAMU, but I don't see the Cousins comp.

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1504792231542079491

The Steelers want Willis sooooo bad. I can't even imagine what it would take to trade down all the way to 20, but I think if they want him they need to get to us.

(03-23-2022, 11:26 AM)Upper Wrote: The Steelers want Willis sooooo bad. I can't even imagine what it would take to trade down all the way to 20, but I think if they want him they need to get to us.

Would 20 + Claypool do it for you? Or atleast get talks started ?

(03-23-2022, 04:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 11:26 AM)Upper Wrote: The Steelers want Willis sooooo bad. I can't even imagine what it would take to trade down all the way to 20, but I think if they want him they need to get to us.

It would get talks started but I'd need quite a bit more. I was thinking like 1st and 2nd round for this year and next.

It would take more than that to move down 20 spots.

The plot thickens.

Per walterfootball, the Jaguars have held a private workout with Georgia edge rusher Travon Walker

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/a...ith-Walker

(03-23-2022, 10:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The plot thickens.

Per walterfootball, the Jaguars have held a private workout with Georgia edge rusher Travon Walker

Doing our due diligence, I guess, but we better not screw this up. Aiden Hutchinson is the safe pick. He has a very high floor. Travon Walker could be either the next Myles Garrett or a complete bust. I don't wanna gamble. I keep hearing rumors that the Lions really wanted Hutchinson. With that said, I have Walker going #2 overall to the Lions. Every time I get ready to post my mock, something crazy comes up like this Tyreek Hill trade and I have to re-do everything. When you do a 7 rounder, one traded selection can create a domino effect which throws everything off. Ahhhhh!

(03-24-2022, 12:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Doing our due diligence, I guess, but we better not screw this up. Aiden Hutchinson is the safe pick. He has a very high floor. Travon Walker could be either the next Myles Garrett or a complete bust. I don't wanna gamble. I keep hearing rumors that the Lions really wanted Hutchinson. With that said, I have Walker going #2 overall to the Lions. Every time I get ready to post my mock, something crazy comes up like this Tyreek Hill trade and I have to re-do everything. When you do a 7 rounder, one traded selection can create a domino effect which throws everything off. Ahhhhh!

It seems like the offseasons have grown progressively more insane culminating with this year.  I haven't seen anything quite like it, and Jimmt G and Baker Mayfield are still out there.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2022, 08:47 AM by Mikey.)

I want 2023 first as well if we're dropping that far back, at a minimum.

QBs come at a premium.

Thinking that this is prep work in case we trade back more than trying to mix up R1 P1. Please advise if I should start panicking.

Travon has to be the player with the most boom or bust potential. At Georgia as a 3-4 end he was never asked to rush the passer specifically. Which is why we basically saw zero pass rush moves from him. Watch his highlights you'll never see him beat on the edge, he always beats inside, but again this was Georgia's scheme. Can he develop pass rush moves? That's the major question, and if he does he is a monster. We currently still have a guy we are waiting to develop pass rush moves in Chaisson. That 2020 draft really hasn't produced any real results from a defensive end perspective, the top DE taken Chase Young has 9 career sacks after only finishing with 1.5 sacks last year in 9 games.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2022, 01:33 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

I am pretty disappointed that we didn't send anyone to Cincy's pro day. I think Pierce needs to be heavily on our radar. Maybe at 33 or strongly considered trading up from 65.

At least we are at Watson's pro day, but I'm not sure if it's going to matter at the rate WRs are expected to fly off the board in the 1st round.

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/150...7646149634