Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Christian Kirk, Jags newest WR

(06-14-2022, 06:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 05:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, after 3 months of arguing, who's winning?

Kirk

correction, Kirk's agent. Kirk still has to put in work, the agent already got his cut and remains firmly planted in a cushy office.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-15-2022, 08:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 06:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kirk

correction, Kirk's agent. Kirk still has to put in work, the agent already got his cut and remains firmly planted in a cushy office.

I doubt that Kirk's agent gets paid before Kirk gets paid.

When your team has only won 4/33 games, you have to overpay for free agents.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(06-15-2022, 09:03 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: When your team has only won 4/33 games, you have to overpay Everybody overpays for free agents.

ftfy
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-15-2022, 08:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 08:21 AM)Mikey Wrote: correction, Kirk's agent. Kirk still has to put in work, the agent already got his cut and remains firmly planted in a cushy office.

I doubt that Kirk's agent gets paid before Kirk gets paid.

Kirk's agent already got between 3 and 4 million from the signing bonus unless they have a different arrangement from everyone else in the business.

(06-15-2022, 09:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 08:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I doubt that Kirk's agent gets paid before Kirk gets paid.

Kirk's agent already got between 3 and 4 million from the signing bonus unless they have a different arrangement from everyone else in the business.

Sure, but the statement I was arguing with was that Kirk's agent "already got his cut," and what I am saying is, he hasn't gotten all of it.  He only gets it as Kirk gets it, so they are in the same boat.

(06-15-2022, 09:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 09:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Kirk's agent already got between 3 and 4 million from the signing bonus unless they have a different arrangement from everyone else in the business.

Sure, but the statement I was arguing with was that Kirk's agent "already got his cut," and what I am saying is, he hasn't gotten all of it.  He only gets it as Kirk gets it, so they are in the same boat.

Right - he'll get 18-20% from Kirk's accountant as each payment is processed.

(06-15-2022, 09:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 09:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sure, but the statement I was arguing with was that Kirk's agent "already got his cut," and what I am saying is, he hasn't gotten all of it.  He only gets it as Kirk gets it, so they are in the same boat.

Right - he'll get 18-20% from Kirk's accountant as each payment is processed.

Yes, but actually, they're limited to 3%.

(06-15-2022, 09:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 09:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Right - he'll get 18-20% from Kirk's accountant as each payment is processed.

Yes, but actually, they're limited to 3%.

WOW! I didn't realize that. That's refreshing that the NFL (and I guess the NFLPA) limits that number. Thanks for informing me. 
Looks like they can still get their 20% on endorsements and such, but not from the playing contract. 
I like that. 

In my line of work artists often pay agents AND managers 15-20% each of everything they bring in.
That's 30-40% gone before you see it, not to mention paying your accountant who doles it out and the taxman of course. 
Wish we had a similar limit imposed.

(06-15-2022, 08:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 06:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kirk

He get 37 mil guaranteed whether he plays like [BLEEP] or not.

(06-15-2022, 09:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 09:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Kirk's agent already got between 3 and 4 million from the signing bonus unless they have a different arrangement from everyone else in the business.

The statement was who's won at this point. Kirk's outside sweating his brains out, putting work in, and looking forward to a season of hits and soreness. Considering that the agent is getting paid for doing nothing else but getting the deal done and will continue to get paid for the same, I'd say he's winning that arrangement.

(06-15-2022, 12:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 08:21 AM)Mikey Wrote: correction, Kirk's agent. Kirk still has to put in work, the agent already got his cut and remains firmly planted in a cushy office.
He get 37 mil guaranteed whether he plays like [BLEEP] or not.

I get that.

Let's compare.

Kirk gets 35.5-36 of that (based on the 3% cited earlier). But he's got to deal with workouts, travel, practice, potential injury along the way.

Agent gets 1-1.5mill, and can do the same with a number of other players too, each and every offseason. so even if he only represents 25-30 players leaguewide, that guy is making just as much sitting on his butt in a comfy office (or home) as the guys that are doing the work to earn (or fail to earn) those guaranteed checks.

I'd rather be the agent every day of the week.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022, 06:11 PM by Predator. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-15-2022, 03:59 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 12:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He get 37 mil guaranteed whether he plays like [BLEEP] or not.

I get that.

Let's compare.

Kirk gets 35.5-36 of that (based on the 3% cited earlier). But he's got to deal with workouts, travel, practice, potential injury along the way.

Agent gets 1-1.5mill, and can do the same with a number of other players too, each and every offseason. so even if he only represents 25-30 players leaguewide, that guy is making just as much sitting on his butt in a comfy office (or home) as the guys that are doing the work to earn (or fail to earn) those guaranteed checks.

I'd rather be the agent every day of the week.
Agents have to continue to put in work too. They represent the player in all sorts of things like trying to get and negotiating endorsements, arranging public appearances, travel, and they have to listen to the player's gripes and give them advice on things football and non football related.

They take care of many things the player doesn't have time to take care of themselves.

An agent who just negotiated a contract then just sat on his hands wouldn't be in the business very long.

A thread with clips of Kirk smoking dudes..
https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...0850505728

(06-23-2022, 12:59 AM)Eric1 Wrote: A thread with clips of Kirk smoking dudes..

Odd, neither one of those was from the slot.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-23-2022, 02:51 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

It must be edited because we know it is impossible for him to line up anywhere but the slot

(06-23-2022, 02:51 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

That was just one clip of the same play, from two different angles. If you click on the tweet it'll bring up the thread and there's like 7 other clips as well.

Finished his day with 6 catches for 112 yards.
https://twitter.com/JaguarsPR/status/156...8368007168

A great addition and one of the best slot WRs in the league. I'm glad we got him this offseason