Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Christian Kirk, Jags newest WR

(03-14-2022, 07:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 07:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote: His contract is basically a 2 year deal that we can get out of if need be. Only $37m guaranteed and that's all that really matters.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...4740772871

We have $10 million in dead money if we cut him after year 2. That's too much dead money.

You guys need to get with the times.  Creative finance and an ever increasing cap number  makes it not a big deal especially 2 years from now.  Teams are eating $30M dead cap figures on QBs.  I’m not saying they want to do so, but $10M dead cap ain’t what it used to be.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Welcome to the bottom feeders kirk

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 08:05 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-14-2022, 07:45 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 07:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We have $10 million in dead money if we cut him after year 2. That's too much dead money.

You guys need to get with the times.  Creative finance and an ever increasing cap number  makes it not a big deal especially 2 years from now.  Teams are eating $30M dead cap figures on QBs.  I’m not saying they want to do so, but $10M dead cap ain’t what it used to be.

I'm a cheapskate, so that number bothers me a lot. That looks like the kind of money you would give a #1 receiver. Not a slot guy.

Way too much $$$. Yikes.

Balke is a moron.
[Image: giphy.gif]

You guys are such pessimists! This team is much better than it was 24 hours ago. And I really don’t care how much of Shad’s money they spend. I’m just tired of watching putrid football. I think Kirk will do fine for us. We’re not done. We still have the draft.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Exactly^

(03-14-2022, 08:56 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: You guys are such pessimists! This team is much better than it was 24 hours ago. And I really don’t care how much of Shad’s money they spend. I’m just tired of watching putrid football. I think Kirk will do fine for us. We’re not done. We still have the draft.

But, it's actually not that much better.

(03-14-2022, 09:05 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 08:56 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: You guys are such pessimists!  This team is much better than it was 24 hours ago. And I really don’t care how much of Shad’s money they spend. I’m just tired of watching putrid football. I think Kirk will do fine for us. We’re not done. We still have the draft.

Taking my cape off.

I do think it’s better so far. Add in Hutch, more FA moves and maybe another WR in the draft (I know you wanna trade up for Jamo)…. I’m usually pessimistic but I’m digging it so far.

(03-14-2022, 09:05 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 08:56 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: You guys are such pessimists!  This team is much better than it was 24 hours ago. And I really don’t care how much of Shad’s money they spend. I’m just tired of watching putrid football. I think Kirk will do fine for us. We’re not done. We still have the draft.

It's a whole hell of a lot better than Phillip Dorsett and Carlos Hyde.

(03-14-2022, 09:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 09:05 PM)Upper Wrote: But, it's actually not that much better.
Taking my cape off.

I do think it’s better so far. Add in Hutch, more FA moves and maybe another WR in the draft (I know you wanna trade up for Jamo)…. I’m usually pessimistic but I’m digging it so far.

Hutch doesn't factor in to this since we are adding him either way (hopefully). We paid a veritable crap ton of money to 4 non premium positions, we paid one bad premium position player way too much money (Zay), and we made one smart one year deal with Engram.

You just don't win in the NFL paying gigantic money to guards, nose tackles, off ball linebackers, and slot receivers. They are not difference making positions. We're a little better, not a lot better.

I'd be weary if we DIDN'T make any moves to surround TLaw with talent around him.

The draft was never going to be enough to fulfill the numerous holes in our proverbial ship.

As far as the contract goes, I'm 100% fine with it as it's not restrictive in any way. If he somehow busts, we're out after two years. If he's worth keeping beyond year 2 of his contract, then we're getting him on the cheap when the market establishes itself for that year.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 09:57 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-14-2022, 09:19 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 09:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Taking my cape off.

Hutch doesn't factor in to this since we are adding him either way (hopefully). We paid a veritable crap ton of money to 4 non premium positions, we paid one bad premium position player way too much money (Zay), and we made one smart one year deal with Engram.

You just don't win in the NFL paying gigantic money to guards, nose tackles, off ball linebackers, and slot receivers. They are not difference making positions. We're a little better, not a lot better.
You just have to bring in talent, it doesn't matter what position it is.  These teams that are handing out all these big contracts to premium positions, 90% of them are drafted by those teams.  You act like there all there great players at premium positions that we can go out there and get. When we draft these guys then we can resign them and we will be paying big for premium positions like Josh Allen, Hutch, Trev and hopefully Little etc.  Until then we need to get what we can to build this team up

These teams aren't letting their great players go at these premium positions like you keep talking about. These teams are resigning these players,

Good Lord. People complain if we do nothing and complain if we do something. Whatever.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-14-2022, 08:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 07:45 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: You guys need to get with the times.  Creative finance and an ever increasing cap number  makes it not a big deal especially 2 years from now.  Teams are eating $30M dead cap figures on QBs.  I’m not saying they want to do so, but $10M dead cap ain’t what it used to be.

I'm a cheapskate, so that number bothers me a lot. That looks like the kind of money you would give a #1 receiver. Not a slot guy.

Not dead money. It is a great deal.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

This team doesn't need cheapskates running the show, especially for FA where Jacksonville is already fighting an uphill battle to appeal to potential players.

Again, people need to understand the true value of NFL contracts and how they can be structured instead of the overly inflated total numbers that honestly only make agents look better.

That's an awful lot of money for someone that's just been pretty good. Would have rather spent it on Chark

You guys thinking they over spent on players who aren't markee don't think they as much if not more than you concerning these players?

While we're casual fans...the front office lives this stuff. They get paid to do this! You don't think they made inquires concerning who ever you want? There's 31 other teams they're competing against.