Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2022, 08:47 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-08-2022, 09:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 09:20 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Go through my post history, I was flamed in 2017 for saying Mahomes was the best QB by a bunch of you trying to tell me trubiski was the safe bet. And you will also find posts of me being extremely skeptical on Lawrence.

Try harder tho.
Couldn't care less to go through your post history but anyone claiming that they had Mahomes and Allen as better prospects than Lawrence is lying. You're only saying that now that the evidence is out there with them being superstars in the league.

Would be kind of hard to search through his posts in 2017 considering his account was created in 2020 lololol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-08-2022, 08:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 09:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Couldn't care less to go through your post history but anyone claiming that they had Mahomes and Allen as better prospects than Lawrence is lying. You're only saying that now that the evidence is out there with them being superstars in the league.

Would be kind of hard to search through his posts in 2017 considering his account was created in 2020 lololol.
Bwahahaha

Man that’s good. Maybe we’ll be blocked by him too!

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2022, 05:39 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-08-2022, 09:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 08:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Would be kind of hard to search through his posts in 2017 considering his account was created in 2020 lololol.
Bwahahaha

I had another account that I lost the password to. I also forgot that to be honest lmao.

It's funny tho, nobody had a problem with me until I started to discuss Trevor in a non-possitive light. I get it honestly, a few years ago if I'da seen someone trashing one of our young players I probably would have reacted the same way. But over the years I've gotten older and become less of a biased fanatic, and more of a realist. I could have easily just went with the group opinion to look good like everyone else but I like to be honest.

I don’t follow college football so I didn’t have the same expectations as most of you guys, but it became apparent that Trevor was not set up for success last year. What caught my attention was that the INTs became less frequent as the season progressed, so my expectations for this season is steady improvement. I have not studied the schedule, so I am not going to set any target stats because there are so many X-factors like injuries etc. that can ruin a potentially great season. I don’t expect a breakout season like what Burrows had because the talent of our WRs is nowhere near the Bengals, and a lot of QBs need time to develop, so as long as Trevors play improves I am happy. Of course, it doesn’t hurt if we pick up a few more Ws and avoid becoming the first team to have three consequtive No. 1 picks.

(04-09-2022, 05:37 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 09:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bwahahaha

I had another account that I lost the password to. I also forgot that to be honest lmao.

It's funny tho, nobody had a problem with me until I started to discuss Trevor in a non-possitive light. I get it honestly, a few years ago if I'da seen someone trashing one of our young players I probably would have reacted the same way. But over the years I've gotten older and become less of a biased fanatic, and more of a realist. I could have easily just went with the group opinion to look good like everyone else but I like to be honest.
Are you purposefully being dense? Read the next few points slowly.

1. No one on here is saying he played great last season.
2. You can use context clues to see why his season was poor. He made bad throws himself but also had the worst HC of all time and no playmakers.
3. He has all the tools and mental makeup to make a leap next season and most of us are hopeful he can do that.

(04-09-2022, 08:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 05:37 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I had another account that I lost the password to. I also forgot that to be honest lmao.

Are you purposefully being dense? Read the next few points slowly.

2. You can use context clues to see why his season was poor. He made bad throws himself but also had the worst HC of all time and no playmakers.
3. He has all the tools and mental makeup to make a leap next season and most of us are hopeful he can do that.

The real kicker is #2. Every QB makes throws that appear to be bad sometimes. Of course some of those times the throw is actually fine, but the receiver does something wrong. Trevor has ints on a few throws like that last year.

However the problem Chris has isn't that he's recognized Trevor had a few mistakes, it's the lack of perspective he's shown that makes me think he's either a troll or a complete football noob.

Stats pointing out that Trevor actually played well in a lot of regards (and there are multiple stats like that) just reinforce what those that can watch football with a critical eye rather than an emotional one saw out of him last year. A good prospect thrown to the wolves by a historically stupid coaching hire who showed a lot of promise in spite of his situation.

(04-09-2022, 08:51 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 08:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Are you purposefully being dense? Read the next few points slowly.

The real kicker is #2. Every QB makes throws that appear to be bad sometimes. Of course some of those times the throw is actually fine, but the receiver does something wrong. Trevor has ints on a few throws like that last year.

However the problem Chris has isn't that he's recognized Trevor had a few mistakes, it's the lack of perspective he's shown that makes me think he's either a troll or a complete football noob.

Stats pointing out that Trevor actually played well in a lot of regards (and there are multiple stats like that) just reinforce what those that can watch football with a critical eye rather than an emotional one saw out of him last year. A good prospect thrown to the wolves by a historically stupid coaching hire who showed a lot of promise in spite of his situation.

Neither, he is just someone that will argue Black-eyed peas are really Black-eyed beans till the cows come home. Run into them all the time....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-09-2022, 05:37 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 09:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bwahahaha

An inability to evaluate a young QB doesn't make you a "realist." You're just dying on a hill with a bad take. 

Most of the posters you are debating with have very realist takes on this organization from ownership to the S&C trainer and everything in between. They just don't share your inability to see the good things Trevor put on tape as a rookie. 

And - I'd love to see the post where you touted Mahomes. I remember that offseason well and spent a lot of time on the board. 
I remember being one of 3 or 4 posters who liked Mahomes. I suggested trading down to the Saints pick and taking him that year. Don't recall you or your former account mentioning him.

(03-21-2022, 05:08 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 03:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Good question.

My guess is somewhere in the NFC.

It seems like every team in the AFC has upgraded their QB position within the last 5 seasons.

Not many truly iffy QBs in the AFC at this point.

Maybe Tua in Miami, Tannehill in Tennessee, Trubisky in Pittsburgh, and maybe Davis Mills in Houston.

Not many teams in the AFC that Mayfield could upgrade.

The NFC, however, is a different story.

Mayfield upgrades the Giants, maybe the Commanders, maybe Philly.

He definitely upgrades Carolina, Atlanta, and Detroit.

Seattle would be upgraded by Mayfield.

I’d like to see Detroit trade for him. And then draft Malik Willis to develop for a couple of years.

Was revisiting this thread and ran across this post.  I think given what Detroit has done at WR this offseason and OL last year, a healthy Baker Mayfield could work wonders for Detroit.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!