Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 09:41 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-20-2022, 08:54 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I’m not so worried about how loaded the AFC is at QB.  Win the division.  Win it regularly.  That ensures your chip and your chair.  Let’s get in the conversation first then worry about getting over the hump.  I expect we’ll be playing meaningful games in November and December this year.  I won’t throw the baby out with the bath water if we don’t close it out this year though.

I would not be surprised with a slow start given all the new pieces and new regime, but I’m optimistic Trevor makes a significant leap this year which should eventually show up in the win column.

I agree on expecting a slow start, but no where near the screaming goat rodeo we saw last year.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I tell you one thing: while I'm not sure how its going to go, I'm really excited to find out! this team is playing to win for the first time in a long while.

(03-20-2022, 11:43 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I hear a ton of excuses like receivers dropped X amount of balls but what about Trevor?

LAWRENCE threw a lot of inaccurate balls and had no touch on his passes most of last year.

I'm going into this season with an open mind.

How do you separate the performance of the QB from the performance of the surrounding cast?

They are inextricably linked.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I expect him to be better.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

He just needs to make a massive jump this year. I'm not saying he has to be the finished product, but if he's even remotely close to how he was in 2021 he just isn't good. I understand circumstances and talent around you yada yada, dosen't matter good players make good plays regardless. I wasn't expecting the team to win many games last year, I just thought Trevor would play well himself... and he was terrible.

I am very hopeful that he will be the guy still, but like I said before I am cautiously optimistic.

4000+ yards
28-32 TDs
10-15 ints
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(03-20-2022, 03:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't see how people can make a prediction before we even have the draft.

I Concur, but it gives the fans something to talk about during the Dead Season. 

Yes, the upcoming 2022 NFL Draft will be vital to his/the team's success.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

As a Jaguars fan, the best expectations are to have no expectations. Set your bar very low and be happy with any success while also acknowledging that, in no way whatsoever, does the current success guarantee any further success.

here is a real expection. another loseing football season. Jags still did nothing in free agengy but sign a bunch of nobodays. no one even knows who christian kirk is. i mean no other nfl fans.   th only decent sighning was the offenssive lineman to help protect Trevor. no go to WRS,no TE thats a top player,gronk is still a free agent.  Jags never go after any super star players,and thats why they always lose. Afried to take a risk with even 1 super star player. I am expecting another loseing season,jags will be lucky to win 6 games. 

they will draft some nobody.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(03-21-2022, 07:54 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: here is a real expection. another loseing football season. Jags still did nothing in free agengy but sign a bunch of nobodays. no one even knows who christian kirk is. i mean no other nfl fans.   th only decent sighning was the offenssive lineman to help protect Trevor. no go to WRS,no TE thats a top player,gronk is still a free agent.  Jags never go after any super star players,and thats why they always lose. Afried to take a risk with even 1 super star player. I am expecting another loseing season,jags will be lucky to win 6 games. 

they will draft some nobody.

Go root for the tittians then.

I'm not going to root for the tittians ever. the jags need to learn to take some chances. we could have players like patrick peterson,we could've got calais campel back who was a leader of sacksonville. 

look at the browns getting watson,takeing a chance on a greatt qb,they will win a super bowl before jags have a winning season.   

I won't believe doug is the right head coach until  jags have a winning season more then every other  6 to 8 years.  I can't stand for the tittians,ill never cheer for them. 

I will be very shocked if jags draft Hutuichson from  mighen state.  if anyone here is expecting jags to have a winning season this next season,you forget it takes time to build winning teams.

fans should have unreasonable expectations

every great franchise has unreasonable fans and ownership
demand above and beyond

(03-21-2022, 09:27 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I'm not going to root for the tittians ever. the jags need to learn to take some chances. we could have players like patrick peterson,we could've got calais campel back who was a leader of sacksonville. 

look at the browns getting watson,takeing a chance on a greatt qb,they will win a super bowl before jags have a winning season.   

I won't believe doug is the right head coach until  jags have a winning season more then every other  6 to 8 years.  I can't stand for the tittians,ill never cheer for them. 

I will be very shocked if jags draft Hutuichson from  mighen state.  if anyone here is expecting jags to have a winning season this next season,you forget it takes time to build winning teams.

Laughing Laughing

Patrick Peterson who is gonna be 32 and no one wants to sign right now?
Calais who will be 36 and has been declining??

And just before you said no one knows about Kirk? lol

Just go root for the tittians, no one needs you here.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(03-21-2022, 12:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 09:27 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I'm not going to root for the tittians ever. the jags need to learn to take some chances. we could have players like patrick peterson,we could've got calais campel back who was a leader of sacksonville. 

Laughing Laughing

Patrick Peterson who is gonna be 32 and no one wants to sign right now?
Calais who will be 36 and has been declining??

And just before you said no one knows about Kirk? lol

Just go root for the tittians, no one needs you here.

I would also note that Calais Campbell had only 1.5 sacks last year.  There is very little demand for him.  He is still unsigned at this late stage of free agency.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 02:13 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jags could've gone after dontea adams too, and they didn't. 

the team is so afriad to sign big name super stars that would help them  possbilley win a super bowl in time. 

I want the jags to be winner,but its obvious Khan doesn't.

To this Wolfie, I disagree. Never mortgage your team's future while handicapping said team for years to come (three first rounders, a third rounder and a Historical completely Guaranteed Salary. Every Penny). His agent is laughing ALL the way to his bank. Cleveland will feel this effect for a Looooooong time for a quick fix. Will Watson be better than Mayfield at the position?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-20-2022, 02:00 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Wow what an assignment, but here goes. 

Looking at the various QB rankings for last year he was anywhere between 32 and 27. He had an absentee-ish HC and a lot of new best friends/coaches that for the most part are not here anymore. Instead of playing for a team which had a skill level across the board superior to most of his competition he was on a team where many players were glad we had a team or they would be out of football.  His results were:
17 games/59.6 pct/3641 pass yds/6.0ypa/12 pass TD/17 int/334 rush yds/2 rush TD/9 fumbles

This year he gets an experienced coach with a vision. A bunch of new best friend/coaches and hopefully a few better teammates.  It could be categorized as his first year of playing organized Pro ball. I expect him to improve in a lot of areas.  This year I would hope for:
17 games/65pct+/4,000yds+/ 7 ypa/20 td/9 int/450 rush yds/ 4 rush td/ 4 fumbles

Where that would rank him with the other QB's is subjective but should place him between 12 and 16. 

I know hope is not a plan, but we are Jaguar fans, No?

I think Jag149 is right on, as the above is best case that can be hoped for.  The amount of improvement Trevor has to make to hit #13 on Bullseye's list is pretty staggering...notice that Zach Wilson is the only one to have more INTs over TDs.  To increase Lawrence's TD by 8, and to reduce INTs by 8 (above) is really only possible if Pederson's west-coast(ish) play calling and coaching can improve his reading ability and accuracy.

I also think a pass-catching TE is a must have in the 2nd round.  I don't think Engram's 1 year deal means this position is at all fulfilled.

I want the offense to just look like an actual football team for once

(03-21-2022, 02:41 PM)cland Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 02:00 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Wow what an assignment, but here goes. 

Looking at the various QB rankings for last year he was anywhere between 32 and 27. He had an absentee-ish HC and a lot of new best friends/coaches that for the most part are not here anymore. Instead of playing for a team which had a skill level across the board superior to most of his competition he was on a team where many players were glad we had a team or they would be out of football.  His results were:
17 games/59.6 pct/3641 pass yds/6.0ypa/12 pass TD/17 int/334 rush yds/2 rush TD/9 fumbles

This year he gets an experienced coach with a vision. A bunch of new best friend/coaches and hopefully a few better teammates.  It could be categorized as his first year of playing organized Pro ball. I expect him to improve in a lot of areas.  This year I would hope for:
17 games/65pct+/4,000yds+/ 7 ypa/20 td/9 int/450 rush yds/ 4 rush td/ 4 fumbles

Where that would rank him with the other QB's is subjective but should place him between 12 and 16. 

I know hope is not a plan, but we are Jaguar fans, No?

I think Jag149 is right on, as the above is best case that can be hoped for.  The amount of improvement Trevor has to make to hit #13 on Bullseye's list is pretty staggering...notice that Zach Wilson is the only one to have more INTs over TDs.  To increase Lawrence's TD by 8, and to reduce INTs by 8 (above) is really only possible if Pederson's west-coast(ish) play calling and coaching can improve his reading ability and accuracy.

I also think a pass-catching TE is a must have in the 2nd round.  I don't think Engram's 1 year deal means this position is at all fulfilled.
(emphasis added)

You can add Matt Ryan to that list, because the Colts just traded a 3rd round pick to Atlanta for him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-21-2022, 03:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 02:41 PM)cland Wrote: I think Jag149 is right on, as the above is best case that can be hoped for.  The amount of improvement Trevor has to make to hit #13 on Bullseye's list is pretty staggering...notice that Zach Wilson is the only one to have more INTs over TDs.  To increase Lawrence's TD by 8, and to reduce INTs by 8 (above) is really only possible if Pederson's west-coast(ish) play calling and coaching can improve his reading ability and accuracy.

(emphasis added)

You can add Matt Ryan to that list, because the Colts just traded a 3rd round pick to Atlanta for him.

Where does this leave Baker Mayfield?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"