Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matt Ryan close to become a clot

(03-21-2022, 03:43 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 03:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Jeez.

I've heard it's just for a 3rd round pick.

SMH.

The Colts still need a LT and another WR, but short term, I agree with you they are in good shape, provided all the hits he has taken the past few years don't exact their toll.

The quarterbacking in the AFC is just insane.

But to what end?

They are taking a $40 million dead cap hit by trading him.

Being that it's going to be difficult to land a starting caliber LT (as a rookie) in Round 2 of the upcoming draft, the Colts should at least bring in Saints UFA T Terron Armstead for a visit to see if he checks out ok physically.  If they don't act soon, Armstead could easily sign with the Dolphins.  The other FA LT options are far less appealing.  

Because the Colts didn't have to give up their 2nd Round pick in the trade for Matt Ryan, they have the opportunity to get a starting caliber WR in a deep WR draft.
Well they lost out on Terron Armstead.

It seems their best options now are Duane Brown, who is 36, or bringing back Eric Fisher, who hasn't been the same since tearing his achilles, or hope they get lucky if someone falls.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-24-2022, 07:01 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 03:43 PM)D6 Wrote: Being that it's going to be difficult to land a starting caliber LT (as a rookie) in Round 2 of the upcoming draft, the Colts should at least bring in Saints UFA T Terron Armstead for a visit to see if he checks out ok physically.  If they don't act soon, Armstead could easily sign with the Dolphins.  The other FA LT options are far less appealing.  

Because the Colts didn't have to give up their 2nd Round pick in the trade for Matt Ryan, they have the opportunity to get a starting caliber WR in a deep WR draft.
Well they lost out on Terron Armstead.

It seems their best options now are Duane Brown, who is 36, or bringing back Eric Fisher, who hasn't been the same since tearing his achilles, or hope they get lucky if someone falls.

The Colts probably should make a serious attempt at sign UFA Duane Brown. That much more if they have significant doubts that Eric Fisher will come close to getting back to this pre-injury level, by the early part of the 2022 regular season. Either way, a possible long term solution LT should be on their radar screen from Round 2 on, in the 2022 Draft.

Wentz looks so much better than Ryan. Ryan looked really bad IMO Saturday

(08-15-2022, 02:06 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Wentz looks so much better than Ryan. Ryan looked really bad IMO Saturday

This is fine.

I think Ryan is gonna get killed behind their OL. Clot fans are in for a season of pain. Our DL should destroy them once again.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(08-15-2022, 04:20 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I think Ryan is gonna get killed behind their OL.  Clot fans are in for a season of pain.  Our DL should destroy them once again.

It was jarring how poorly that OL played against us the last game last year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-15-2022, 04:16 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 02:06 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Wentz looks so much better than Ryan. Ryan looked really bad IMO Saturday

This is fine.

Oh I'm not complaining. Just stating the obvious.

It's also exactly what I expected to see too

Yep. Through two weeks, Wentz looks markedly better than Ryan at this point in his career. Didn’t Irsay say or tweet some disparaging remarks about Wentz at some point? What a douche either way.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-s-eight-mos...gs-of-2022
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(10-12-2022, 08:26 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-s-eight-mos...gs-of-2022

Clots is the retirement plan franchise of QBs.

In 2025 it will be Mariota, Tannehill or they'll give Kirk Cousins millions of dollars at age 37...

Rivers, Wentz & Ryan.

At some point when does Irsay take accountability or point the finger at Ballard and Reich? Unless Ehlinger plays lights out and they sneak into the play-off's you would have to think there's spring cleaning coming in the off season up there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer owner.

Oof.

Matt Ryan contract Guarantees

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 12:28 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-24-2022, 03:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Rivers, Wentz & Ryan.

At some point when does Irsay take accountability or point the finger at Ballard and Reich? Unless Ehlinger plays lights out and they sneak into the play-off's you would have to think there's spring cleaning coming in the off season up there.

Honestly, I think this is the beginning of the end for Reich. They'll let both him and Ehlinger go, and just start with a new coach drafting his guy at QB in 2023. Also, based on the positive comments about Ryan by Reich last week, this has Irsay's fingerprints all over it. This doesn't fit Reich's personality.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-24-2022, 04:48 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 03:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Rivers, Wentz & Ryan.

Honestly, I think this is the beginning of the end for Reich.  They'll let both him and Ehlinger go, and just start with a new coach drafting his guy at QB in 2023. Also, based on the positive comments about Ryan by Reich last week, this has Irsay's fingerprints all over it.  This doesn't fit Reich's personality.

Absolutely right.  Irsay directed this move.

TN DL broke Ryan and the clots salary cap and playoff hopes. Nice trifecta.

(10-25-2022, 10:18 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: TN DL broke Ryan and the clots salary cap and playoff hopes.  Nice trifecta.

Seems like Tacks DL is scary. Never knew they were that deep despite losing Harold landry for the year.