Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Potential steals at 33

(03-26-2022, 06:47 AM)JNev Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 10:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Definitely. We're not gonna take back to back edge rushers.

We did it in '08 with Harvey and Groves. Didn't turn out well but it's not unprecedented

That's because we thought we were an edge rusher away from reaching the Super Bowl.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-13-2022, 09:53 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 06:47 AM)JNev Wrote: We did it in '08 with Harvey and Groves. Didn't turn out well but it's not unprecedented

That's because we thought we were an edge rusher away from reaching the Super Bowl.
The Jags were looking for their own version of Mathis and Freeney, that had been terrorizing the division.  I had very high hopes at the time.....oops and ouch.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 10:33 AM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-12-2022, 07:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Tyler Linderbaum is definitely no longer in the conversation at #33 now. He silenced all critics at his Pro Day when he clocked in a 4.98/40 at 300 lbs, which was up from his playing weight of 290 lbs. He also had 24 reps on the bench press and had historically good agility tests which ranked him among the best Center prospects of all time. I'd be shocked if he didn't go in the top 20. He's the best O-Lineman in the draft.

Lee Corso not so fast my friend! From Tony Pauline's draft nuggets update:

Tyler Linderbaum as a first-round pick and other offensive line updates
No surprise to me at least, but no team I spoke with had a first-round grade on Iowa center Tyler Linderbaum. It was all early second round.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 10:55 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-13-2022, 10:33 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 07:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Tyler Linderbaum is definitely no longer in the conversation at #33 now. He silenced all critics at his Pro Day when he clocked in a 4.98/40 at 300 lbs, which was up from his playing weight of 290 lbs. He also had 24 reps on the bench press and had historically good agility tests which ranked him among the best Center prospects of all time. I'd be shocked if he didn't go in the top 20. He's the best O-Lineman in the draft.

No surprise to me at least, but no team I spoke with had a first-round grade on Iowa center Tyler Linderbaum. It was all early second round.

Well, that would be good news for the Jags if they want him.

Right now, I don't believe anything teams are saying. It's that time of year when they are purposefully "blowing smoke", in an effort to keep "their guy" from being drafted by other teams.

(04-13-2022, 10:22 AM)ATLjag Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 09:53 AM)Bullseye Wrote: That's because we thought we were an edge rusher away from reaching the Super Bowl.
The Jags were looking for their own version of Mathis and Freeney, that had been terrorizing the division.  I had very high hopes at the time.....oops and ouch.

I could have taken missing on one of those guys.  That's to be expected.

But for the team to trade up and miss on both sickens me to this day.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

That's what teams say this time of the year if they really like a guy hoping that he will fall to them

Mel Kiper has us taking Kenyon Green

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 05:29 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

Kenyon would be such a bad pick. 5.12 (!) short shuttle is just untenable for an offensive lineman. The rest of his testing wasn't so hot either.

There will be a whole lot of other good plaeyrs available at 33. Let someone else gamble that he becomes an extreme outlier (or more likely a bust).

(04-13-2022, 05:28 PM)Upper Wrote: Kenyon would be such a bad pick. 5.12 (!) short shuttle is just untenable for an offensive lineman. The rest of his testing wasn't so hot either.

There will be a whole lot of other good plaeyrs available at 33. Let someone else gamble that he becomes an extreme outlier (or more likely a bust).

But is he a good guard? Who gives a [BLEEP] if he isnt some great athlete if he can go out there and be a good blocker.  You don't need to be some great athlete to be a guard.   I've never seen anyone take combine numbers over the top the way you do lol

(04-13-2022, 05:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 05:28 PM)Upper Wrote: Kenyon would be such a bad pick. 5.12 (!) short shuttle is just untenable for an offensive lineman. The rest of his testing wasn't so hot either.

But is he a good guard? Who gives a [BLEEP] if he isnt some great athlete if he can go out there and be a good blocker.  You don't need to be some great athlete to be a guard.   I've never seen anyone take combine numbers over the top the way you do lol

He's very average and struggles at times in pass protection. He's probably the most overrated interior O-Lineman in the draft and he's never played Center, so I'll pass. I can live with Ben Bartch at OG for a year, but we MUST bring in a new Center.

(04-13-2022, 06:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 05:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: But is he a good guard? Who gives a [BLEEP] if he isnt some great athlete if he can go out there and be a good blocker.  You don't need to be some great athlete to be a guard.   I've never seen anyone take combine numbers over the top the way you do lol

He's very average and struggles at times in pass protection. He's probably the most overrated interior O-Lineman in the draft and he's never played Center, so I'll pass. I can live with Ben Bartch at OG for a year, but we MUST bring in a new Center.
I haven't watched him to much but here is a pretty good write up on him.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kenyo...port-2022/

I don't really care if he's played Center or not I consider LG a big need so if if can come I and be a nice upgrade at LG I'm good with it.  I really hope Zion Johnson falls.

(04-13-2022, 05:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

The Packers have been by a large margin the best oline drafting team the last decade+, and they have a very predictable 4.75 short shuttle threshold that they almost never stray from. I am going with their process. Keep the 5.12 SS far away from me. Maybe he will be a rare lead footed OL that hits, if he does that's great. I am not going to be the one that takes that gamble.

PFFs tailgate podcast just did their LB breakdown and Mike was waxing awfully poetically over Quay Walker. It's a good listen, I believe he was their 4th listed LB if anyone wants to listen.

I still hate the idea of taking a guy at the top of a tier and would rather wait and still get a really good LB at 65/70 (which they said many times too in the pod), but I'll admit Quay would be the perfect LB to fit next to Oluokun and would be a perfectly fine pick at 33.

(04-19-2022, 08:58 AM)Upper Wrote: PFFs tailgate podcast just did their LB breakdown and Mike was waxing awfully poetically over Quay Walker. It's a good listen, I believe he was their 4th listed LB if anyone wants to listen.

I still hate the idea of taking a guy at the top of a tier and would rather wait and still get a really good LB at 65/70 (which they said many times too in the pod), but I'll admit Quay would be the perfect LB to fit next to Oluokun and would be a perfectly fine pick at 33.

I would much rather have Devin Lloyd, Troy Andersen, Chad Muma, Christian Harris and I would've had Damone Clark in front of Walker before he had spinal surgery. Quay Walker rarely ever drops into coverage. That job mainly went to Nakobe Dean who excelled at it. Unfortunately, Dean is too small imo, to play 3-4 ILB in the NFL. I see him as a 4-3 MLB or else he would be on my list ahead of Walker as well. All of the guys I have ahead of Walker are much more polished in coverage and that is what we need. We give up way too many yards to opposing TE's.

I haven't seen any numbers about how often Quay dropped into coverage, but he was a true off ball LB so it had to be a pretty good amount. I do know that I have seen a lot of experts say he is good in coverage and I saw the stat that he didn't allow a single coverage TD in his entire NCAA career. Seems good enough to me.

I very much like Andersen, Muma, and Harris too (and several others). That's why I said I'd rather wait til round 3 to take our LB, but I think it's going to be Quay at 33 and I think he's going to be a really good fit.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2022, 11:41 AM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

Walker has made and will make visits to virtually every team in the late 1st so I'm not even sure he'll be there at 33. If he goes I have no clue where we wind up going with the pick. Dilla said something about them liking Muma a lot also, but I would hope we pivot to any of the big 4 safeties or back to Pickens.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2022, 02:29 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-19-2022, 10:52 AM)Upper Wrote: I haven't seen any numbers about how often Quay dropped into coverage, but he was a true off ball LB so it had to be a pretty good amount. I do know that I have seen a lot of experts say he is good in coverage and I saw the stat that he didn't allow a single coverage TD in his entire NCAA career. Seems good enough to me.

I very much like Andersen, Muma, and Harris too (and several others). That's why I said I'd rather wait til round 3 to take our LB, but I think it's going to be Quay at 33 and I think he's going to be a really good fit.

Walker has only 2 PD and 0 interceptions his entire 4 year college career. He couldn't have been in coverage that much, if he never allowed a TD. Andersen and Muma dropped into coverage all the time and did very well. Harris, not as much, but still more than Walker.

(04-19-2022, 11:39 AM)Upper Wrote: Walker has made and will make visits to virtually every team in the late 1st so I'm not even sure he'll be there at 33. If he goes I have no clue where we wind up going with the pick. Dilla said something about them liking Muma a lot also, but I would hope we pivot to any of the big 4 safeties or back to Pickens.

I sincerely hope he isn't.

OG Kenyon Green out of Texas A&M if he is on the board.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Wots everyone think of Daniel Faalele