Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville, you're on deck...

Bills get their new stadium. I guess Shad's going to come around soon asking for money for a new or seriously renovated stadium.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-reach-dea...53173.html
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

yes.

Lamping made it crystal clear in his speech at last year's "state of the franchise" media day.
(or whatever they are calling it lately)

They want ticket prices to increase and they want a stadium that rivals the better versions around the league.
Considering our ticket prices are rock bottom and our stadium is old as dirt, they aren't in any way wrong to want to get out of the cellar and into a slightly more respectable position as an NFL franchise.

It's just going to be REALLY, REALLY hard to pull it off without wins to sway public favor on spending.
Of course they know this as well and hiring a SB winning coach and spending 170 million + in free agency is certainly more of a "swing for the fences" attempt at fixing that issue than they've taken in some time.

Curiously, my ticket price went down this season, but I'm pretty sure I'll never see that happen again.

The only way to state our case for a new 1 is simply to start being better and improving

They've got to win consistently to sell it since a stadium finance referendum will need approval from the voters. Right now, there's no way that would pass. If we were in a similar position to the Bills on the field then it would be more likely although nowhere near a certainty. The next few years will be interesting.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(03-28-2022, 05:55 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Bills get their new stadium. I guess Shad's going to come around soon asking for money for a new or seriously renovated stadium.

I'd warned this day would come years ago.

We can't blow this.  Renovate the stadium and make it a top facility.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-29-2022, 07:28 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-28-2022, 05:55 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Bills get their new stadium. I guess Shad's going to come around soon asking for money for a new or seriously renovated stadium.

I'd warned this day would come years ago.

We can't blow this.  Renovate the stadium and make it a top facility.

This is a tough economic climate for a multi-billionaire to be asking for taxpayer money, especially given the team's performance over the last couple years.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 09:13 AM by Mikey.)

Note that this passed only once they were winning again.

Shad's still got that checkbox open on his "To Do" list. We're heading in the right direction, but there's still work to be done.

(03-28-2022, 06:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: yes.

Lamping made it crystal clear in his speech at last year's "state of the franchise" media day.

They want ticket prices to increase and they want a stadium that rivals the better versions around the league.
Considering our ticket prices are rock bottom and our stadium is old as dirt, they aren't in any way wrong to want to get out of the cellar and into a slightly more respectable position as an NFL franchise.

It's just going to be REALLY, REALLY hard to pull it off without wins to sway public favor on spending.
Of course they know this as well and hiring a SB winning coach and spending 170 million + in free agency is certainly more of  a "swing for the fences" attempt at fixing that issue than they've taken in some time.

Curiously, my ticket price went down this season, but I'm pretty sure I'll never see that happen again.

We had 9 homers last season, this year we probably only get 8. I could see that as part of the cause of the lower price.

(03-29-2022, 09:09 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Note that this passed only once they were winning again.

Shad's still got that checkbox open on his "To Do" list. We're heading in the right direction, but there's still work to be done.

(03-28-2022, 06:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: yes.

Of course they know this as well and hiring a SB winning coach and spending 170 million + in free agency is certainly more of  a "swing for the fences" attempt at fixing that issue than they've taken in some time.

We had 9 homers last season, this year we probably only get 8. I could see that as part of the cause of the lower price.

[Image: aha_coming_to_america.gif]

The house that Trevor built..