Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Lions have taken multiple calls about trading No. 2 pick, could pull trigger..

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 11:07 AM by chris hill. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2022/03/the-...ivH3Cceh-g

does this mean we get evan neal at pick number 2.. then obviously picks 32 and 33 would be like guard kenyon green and wr jahan dotson.. that would be a draft haul from heaven..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is about Detroit moving down, not up with us

(03-30-2022, 11:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is about Detroit moving down, not up with us

oh snap didnt notice..

(03-30-2022, 11:03 AM)chris hill Wrote: https://www.mlive.com/lions/2022/03/the-...ivH3Cceh-g

does this mean we get evan neal at pick number 2.. then obviously picks 32 and 33 would be like guard kenyon green and wr jahan dotson.. that would be a draft haul from heaven..

Lmao even if this did happen, which the article is not saying, Neal Kenyon and Dotson would be a nightmare scenario.

(03-30-2022, 11:17 AM)chris hill Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 11:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is about Detroit moving down, not up with us

oh snap didnt notice..

You posted the article without even reading it? Lol

Interesting, though, if someone wants to come up to #2 to get a particular player, maybe someone else would want to come up to #1 to beat them out for that same player.

Could just be smoke screen season in full effect.

This could be their GM wanting a suitor for the pick and signaling he's open for business, or if could be they are set on their pick and want to make the guys just after them seek contingencies.

I don't trust GM talk in March.

Either way - it doesn't mean much for the Jags except they probably aren't moving up for Hutch.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 12:42 PM by ATLjag. Edited 3 times in total.)

If true that a couple calls to Detroit for the 2nd pick already, then the same teams have also likely spoken to Baalke. I think this supposed pick interest is just the Detroit GM trying to drum up calls. It does seem to eliminate Detroit moving up to the Jag's pick.

(03-30-2022, 11:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Interesting, though, if someone wants to come up to #2 to get a particular player, maybe someone else would want to come up to #1 to beat them out for that same player.

It's not like anyone will know that it is happening until after we pick.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2022, 12:48 AM by Bullseye.)

(03-31-2022, 12:10 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 11:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Interesting, though, if someone wants to come up to #2 to get a particular player, maybe someone else would want to come up to #1 to beat them out for that same player.

It's not like anyone will know that it is happening until after we pick.

Not necessarily.  A trade can be worked out before the draft (See 1997 Raiders trade up to #2 overall a few days before the draft, only for the Jets too trade back from #1 with the Rams).

(03-30-2022, 11:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Could just be smoke screen season in full effect.

This could be their GM wanting a suitor for the pick and signaling he's open for business, or if could be they are set on their pick and want to make the guys just after them seek contingencies.

Either way - it doesn't mean much for the Jags except they probably aren't moving up for Hutch.

I think the most reliable GM talk that is instructive as to the offseason are the end of season press conferences.

I think that's when you get the most honest public evaluations from GMs.

In his season ending press conference, Colts' GM Chris Ballard specifically mentioned QB, edge rusher, and LT as areas of need for the Colts.  The Colts added Matt Ryan and Yannick Ngakoue.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-31-2022, 12:43 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 11:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Could just be smoke screen season in full effect.

I think the most reliable GM talk that is instructive as to the offseason are the end of season press conferences.

I think that's when you get the most honest public evaluations from GMs.

In his season ending press conference, Colts' GM Chris Ballard specifically mentioned QB, edge rusher, and LT as areas of need for the Colts.  The Colts added Matt Ryan and Yannick Ngakoue.

So next season Ballard can just plagiarize his own end-of-season report?