Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Etienne and Robinson Injury Update

If etienne would have been picked by another team, and he turns out to be a beast, that would be another jaguar type move. (Missing out yet again)
Anyways,I liked the jags being aggressive going after an explosive type of potential playmaker on offense. Time will tell, but I see i will keep seeing the posts about the complaining about his draft position. I guess it's too soon to get over it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-14-2022, 09:54 AM)Jag88 Wrote: If etienne would have been picked by another team, and he turns out to be a beast, that would be another jaguar type move. (Missing out yet again)
Anyways,I liked the jags being aggressive going after an explosive type of potential playmaker on offense. Time will tell, but I see i will keep seeing the posts about the complaining about his draft position. I guess it's too soon to get over it.

Just another in the long line of Jaguars Draft Follies
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Etienne is a complete wildcard. He hasn't played a down in a regular season NFL game and the regime who drafted him is different than the one who is coaching him. Just craziness.

(05-14-2022, 12:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Etienne is a complete wildcard. He hasn't played a down in a regular season NFL game and the regime who drafted him is different than the one who is coaching him. Just craziness.

This is true, but wasn't part of why he was one of the highest projected RB last year was versatility?

Sure he may not reach the highest expectations, but to think that a different NFL coaching staff cannot find a use for him is poor imagination.

(05-14-2022, 12:55 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(05-14-2022, 12:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Etienne is a complete wildcard. He hasn't played a down in a regular season NFL game and the regime who drafted him is different than the one who is coaching him. Just craziness.

This is true, but wasn't part of why he was one of the highest projected RB last year was versatility?

Sure he may not reach the highest expectations, but to think that a different NFL coaching staff cannot find a use for him is poor imagination.

Add to that wildcard formula the fact that he's recovering from an injury that many believe is career ending. 

My thoughts aren't if a different coaching staff can find a use for him but how well he will do.

(05-14-2022, 12:55 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Have you seen folks espousing this? I haven't.

In my mind, it worked out amazingly well that Pederson inherited Etienne as Pederson is so prolific with utilizing multiple backs in diverse ways. Lots of APY spread among his various RB corps in Philly.  

It's a great situation for Etienne to thrive in, IMO.

ETN is going to do so much better under Pederson than he ever would with Urban.

Look for him to possibly be dangerous on dump off passes. Tlaw will love having his boy back.

(05-14-2022, 01:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: ETN is going to do so much better under Pederson than he ever would with Urban.

You could just say "Player X" and it's still true.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

When was the last time the jags had a good offense coordinator? How long?

(05-14-2022, 04:57 PM)Jag88 Wrote: When was the last time the jags had a good offense coordinator? How long?

Nate Hack was pretty damn good, made Bortles look average and got him paid.

(05-15-2022, 06:28 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(05-14-2022, 04:57 PM)Jag88 Wrote: When was the last time the jags had a good offense coordinator? How long?

Nate Hack was pretty damn good, made Bortles look average and got him paid.

This board makes me laugh. Hacket was garbage, the only person that got Blake Bortles paid was Allen Robinson in 2015, and our defense giving Blake excellent field position throughout 2017.

ETN plus Agnew is pure explosion

ETN and TLaw will be going into their 4th year playing together. That familiarity along with a competent coaching staff should yield marked improvement.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Agnew , etienne combo mmmmmmm

Hackett did a pretty good job of mitigating Bortles many weaknesses and milking production from a pretty weak cast.
Led the league in rushing in 2017 with a sketchy O-Line - and took a questionably-talented offense to the AFCCG and frankly should have been in the SB that year.

Fair to say he was the last good OC we've had.
Marrone and his conservative philosophy when leading games likely had a negative impact on how we view Hackett's play calling, but he was capable. His rise to HC is testament to his respect level around the league.

(05-15-2022, 06:55 PM)Jagsman Wrote: ETN plus Agnew is pure explosion

With all of the returners added to the roster from the draft until now (another one today), I wonder if there is some concern about Agnew's return from injury timeline. 

They seem to be hedging against him not being ready.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 08:55 AM by Mikey.)

(05-13-2022, 06:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I know we are all rooting for this overreach #1 pick to be successful, but honestly I don't see him being anything more than TJ Yeldon part deux, especially after the injury. Sure, Etienne had more college career yards and TDs than Yeldon, but he wasnt sharing the rock with Derrick Henry for 2 years, and it was against lesser ACC competition. I'm getting the "Too few experienced eggs in one basket" feeling about this RB group. We could be looking at rookies and UDFA's carrying the water early in the year if things don't pan out. Maybe we pick up a veteran RB (not Carlos Hyde) after roster cutdowns.

While this may be overly pessismistic, I see very little similarity between Etienne and Yeldon. The only thing I ever saw out of Yeldon was the school with which he was associated. Etienne (at least in college) was much more agile and short of playing for a wildly successful college program, I think that's about where the similarities end.

Even with the injury, I see a whole lot more gameplanning to involve an Etienne than we ever saw with someone like Yeldon. For that fact alone, he'll be hard pressed not to outperform TJ.

(05-13-2022, 07:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 06:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I know we are all rooting for this overreach #1 pick to be successful, but honestly I don't see him being anything more than TJ Yeldon part deux, especially after the injury. Sure, Etienne had more college career yards and TDs than Yeldon, but he wasnt sharing the rock with Derrick Henry for 2 years, and it was against lesser ACC competition. I'm getting the "Too few experienced eggs in one basket" feeling about this RB group. We could be looking at rookies and UDFA's carrying the water early in the year if things don't pan out. Maybe we pick up a veteran RB (not Carlos Hyde) after roster cutdowns.

If Etienne is healthy a full season, Pederson's playbook will be very friendly to him. 

I disliked the pick, but I can envision him producing ~ 900 APY as part of a committee and I'm good with that. 
This regime didn't draft him, but they have a clear role for him and I don't really care if it jives with his draft position at this point. I just want good production from the talent available.

PREACH

I'm not a big fan of Hackett. I respect the opinions about him doing the best anyone could with bortles and marrone, but I was glad he was out. Then came more bad offensive coordinators, so it didn't improve. Hopefully now we have a real play caller.

Let's just hope they never run Etienne between the tackles because I think he'd get broken.

(05-14-2022, 01:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: ETN is going to do so much better under Pederson than he ever would with Urban.

The only person to have success last year under Urban in the grinding girl in Columbus OH