Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Etienne and Robinson Injury Update

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 11:11 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-13-2022, 07:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 06:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I know we are all rooting for this overreach #1 pick to be successful, but honestly I don't see him being anything more than TJ Yeldon part deux, especially after the injury. Sure, Etienne had more college career yards and TDs than Yeldon, but he wasnt sharing the rock with Derrick Henry for 2 years, and it was against lesser ACC competition. I'm getting the "Too few experienced eggs in one basket" feeling about this RB group. We could be looking at rookies and UDFA's carrying the water early in the year if things don't pan out. Maybe we pick up a veteran RB (not Carlos Hyde) after roster cutdowns.

Yeldon wasn't ever close to the player Etienne is.  Not even close to the same type of back either.  Yeldon was never good he just played on great college teams with a great line

And Etienne played in the ACC. He got the majority of the carries during his time at Clemson. Yeldon didn't at Bama. Lisfranc is a tough recovery. If he has to run between the tackles consistently, then more injuries will follow, though I doubt Taylor/Pederson will use him that way. I hope he does well, but I'm setting expectations low.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-16-2022, 11:10 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 07:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeldon wasn't ever close to the player Etienne is.  Not even close to the same type of back either.  Yeldon was never good he just played on great college teams with a great line

And Etienne played in the ACC.  He got the majority of the carries during his time at Clemson.  Yeldon didn't at Bama.  Lisfranc is a tough recovery.  If he has to run between the tackles consistently, then more injuries will follow, though I doubt Taylor/Pederson will use him that way.  I hope he does well, but I'm setting expectations low.

Yeldon never got the majority of the carries because he was never close to the best RB on those Bama teams, he was usually the 3rd RB

(05-16-2022, 12:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 11:10 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: And Etienne played in the ACC.  He got the majority of the carries during his time at Clemson.  Yeldon didn't at Bama.  Lisfranc is a tough recovery.  If he has to run between the tackles consistently, then more injuries will follow, though I doubt Taylor/Pederson will use him that way.  I hope he does well, but I'm setting expectations low.

Yeldon never got the majority of the carries because he was never close to the best RB on those Bama teams, he was usually the 3rd RB

This Yeldon bashing bit of yours is tired as hell, but I'd bet that if you put TJ Yeldon on Pederson's 2016 or '17 eagles teams - Doug would have gotten good production from him. 

That said - I bet Doug will get better production from Etienne if he recovers well. 

Robinson is the greater concern here since he may not be available in September.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 01:10 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-16-2022, 12:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 12:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeldon never got the majority of the carries because he was never close to the best RB on those Bama teams, he was usually the 3rd RB

This Yeldon bashing bit of yours is tired as hell, but I'd bet that if you put TJ Yeldon on Pederson's 2016 or '17 eagles teams - Doug would have gotten good production from him. 

That said - I bet Doug will get better production from Etienne if he recovers well. 

Robinson is the greater concern here since he may not be available in September.

It's not bashing it's just facts and im sorry if that hurts your feelings.  You said you thought Yeldon was good in his prime and I don't.  Yeldon would of been a 2nd or 3rd string back on Pederson teams just like he was here and at Alabama and nothing more.  He has never been starting material and when we took him at the top of the 2nd it was one of Dave's worst picks. It's funny that you think Yeldon was a good back, he's only 28 and don't have a lot of miles. Yeldon is still as good now that he was a few years ago

(05-16-2022, 01:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 12:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This Yeldon bashing bit of yours is tired as hell, but I'd bet that if you put TJ Yeldon on Pederson's 2016 or '17 eagles teams - Doug would have gotten good production from him. 

It's not bashing it's just facts and im sorry if that hurts your feelings.  You said you thought Yeldon was good in his prime and I don't.  Yeldon would of been a 2nd or 3rd string back on Pederson teams just like he was here and at Alabama and nothing more.  He has never been starting material and when we took him at the top of the 2nd it was one of Dave's worst picks.  It's funny that you think Yeldon was a good back, he's only 28 and don't have a lot of miles.  Yeldon is still as good now that he was a few years ago

Buddy, your poorly formed opinions aren't facts and they don't hurt my feelings. 

He was a useful piece rotationally/situationally. In that role he was "good." It's not exactly high praise. 

I guess everything has to be elite or trash with you and you can't discern the miles of landscape in between the two poles. 

Now, please, can we get on topic??

(05-16-2022, 12:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 12:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeldon never got the majority of the carries because he was never close to the best RB on those Bama teams, he was usually the 3rd RB

We had the number 1 rushing offense in the league in 17, the year you're saying Pederson could of gotten more out of him.  Yeldon was here in 17 and he was our 3rd best back and wasn't much of a factor, he had plenty of chances here and couldn't do anything with it.  If he was even decent we might not of took LF

(05-16-2022, 01:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 12:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This Yeldon bashing bit of yours is tired as hell, but I'd bet that if you put TJ Yeldon on Pederson's 2016 or '17 eagles teams - Doug would have gotten good production from him. 

We had the number 1 rushing offense in the league in 17, the year you're saying Pederson could of gotten more out of him.  Yeldon was here in 17 and he was our 3rd best back and wasn't much of a factor, he had plenty of chances here and couldn't do anything with it.  If he was even decent we might not of took LF

wut? 

I'm making a case for the guy being utilized well in a committee if he were in a better situation. You're off on some other mission. 
Hate on, hater.  I don't want to keep up with your nonsense.

(05-16-2022, 01:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 01:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We had the number 1 rushing offense in the league in 17, the year you're saying Pederson could of gotten more out of him.  Yeldon was here in 17 and he was our 3rd best back and wasn't much of a factor, he had plenty of chances here and couldn't do anything with it.  If he was even decent we might not of took LF

wut? 

I'm making a case for the guy being utilized well in a committee if he were in a better situation. You're off on some other mission. 

We tried to make him a piece of our number 1 run game in the league and he just wasnt much help.  You act like it was the teams fault why he didn't pan out.  Out of any position the RB is the one position that had as good of a chance as any to succeed.  A RB on our team while Doug was here you wouldn't of gotten in a better situation on any other the the team outside of maybe the Cowboys.  Corey Grant made the most of his opportunities and would of likely been a huge part going forward if it wasn't for the career ending injury

(05-16-2022, 01:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 01:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: wut? 

We tried to make him a piece of our number 1 run game in the league and he just wasnt much help.  You act like it was the teams fault why he didn't pan out.  Out of any position the RB is the one position that had as good of a chance as any to succeed.  A RB on our team while Doug was here you wouldn't of gotten in a better situation on any other the the team outside of maybe the Cowboys.  Corey Grant made the most of his opportunities and would of likely been a huge part going forward if it wasn't for the career ending injury

Dude. Stop.

They over drafted Fournette and that changed things. LF was the bell cow.  The only COP in Hackett's system was a scatback (Grant) and Coughlin publicly stated his dislike of Yeldon. 

So he didn't get a shot in 2017  -  now in 2018 he played pretty well in limited opportunity  (after grant went down)  with 900 APY and 4.0 yards per carry -  and then he was jettisoned. 

You're really failing at this.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 04:15 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-16-2022, 02:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 01:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We tried to make him a piece of our number 1 run game in the league and he just wasnt much help.  You act like it was the teams fault why he didn't pan out.  Out of any position the RB is the one position that had as good of a chance as any to succeed.  A RB on our team while Doug was here you wouldn't of gotten in a better situation on any other the the team outside of maybe the Cowboys.  Corey Grant made the most of his opportunities and would of likely been a huge part going forward if it wasn't for the career ending injury

Dude. Stop.

They over drafted Fournette and that changed things. LF was the bell cow.  The only COP in Hackett's system was a scatback (Grant) and Coughlin publicly stated his dislike of Yeldon. 

So he didn't get a shot in 2017  -  now in 2018 he played pretty well in limited opportunity  (after grant went down)  with 900 APY and 4.0 yards per carry -  and then he was jettisoned. 

Lol, yeah only if Yeldon wasn't on the number 1 rushing team in the league he would of had a chance.  Haha, Tom publicly stated his dislike of Yeldon and LF when they sat on the bench and laughed and joked around when we were getting blown out in that game. Only if Yeldon got a fair chance lol. It sucks that a team like Buf wouldn't of signed him and gave him a chance. That would of been another perfect opportunity

(05-16-2022, 04:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 02:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Dude. Stop.

Lol, yeah only if Yeldon wasn't on the number 1 rushing team in the league he would of had a chance.  Haha, Tom publicly stated his dislike of Yeldon and LF when they sat on the bench and laughed and joked around when we were getting blown out in that game.  Only if Yeldon got a fair chance lol.  It sucks that a team like Buf wouldn't of signed him and gave him a chance.  That would of been another perfect opportunity

Stop putting words in my mouth and trying to move goalposts. 

He had 180 touches in 2016 prior to Fournette becoming the instant bell-cow.
He had 159 touches in 2018 after Grant went down. 

In 2017 he had only 79 touches and 5.2 yards per carry  - because Hackett preferred Grant in a scat-back role and they just drafted a back at #4. 

How is this so difficult for you? 

The Bills, BTW, ran their QB as much as their number 2 running back and had just added Singletary. No shocker he didn't rise beyond that. Doesn't mean he was "never good."  Which was the point you've lost completely. 

He was a "good" committee back who may have done even better in a better environment. I could say that about 27 other backs from the past 8 years of the league. Not sure why you think that is too much praise for the guy. 

I'm not wasting any more keystrokes explaining it to you.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 04:38 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-16-2022, 04:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 04:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, yeah only if Yeldon wasn't on the number 1 rushing team in the league he would of had a chance.  Haha, Tom publicly stated his dislike of Yeldon and LF when they sat on the bench and laughed and joked around when we were getting blown out in that game.  Only if Yeldon got a fair chance lol.  It sucks that a team like Buf wouldn't of signed him and gave him a chance.  That would of been another perfect opportunity

Stop putting words in my mouth and trying to move goalposts. 

In 2017 he had only 79 touches and 5.2 yards per carry  - because Hackett preferred Grant in a scat-back role and they just drafted a back at #4. 

How is this so difficult for you? 

The Bills, BTW, ran their QB as much as their number 2 running back and had just added Singletary. No shocker he didn't rise beyond that. Doesn't mean he was "never good."  Which was the point you've lost completely. 

He was a "good" committee back who may have done even better in a better environment. I could say that about 27 other backs from the past 8 years of the league. Not sure why you think that is too much praise for the guy. 

I'm not wasting any more keystrokes explaining it to you.
Lol, you're not explaining anything to me.  It's a bunch a rable.  You could probably say that for about much more than 27 backs over the past 8  years.  So he was a dime a dozen that you can pick up in any round or even UDFA.  Ok then, pretty much exactly what I was saying.

(05-16-2022, 12:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 11:10 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: And Etienne played in the ACC.  He got the majority of the carries during his time at Clemson.  Yeldon didn't at Bama.  Lisfranc is a tough recovery.  If he has to run between the tackles consistently, then more injuries will follow, though I doubt Taylor/Pederson will use him that way.  I hope he does well, but I'm setting expectations low.

False.

Yeldon was at Bama for 3 years and during those 3 years he led the team in carries twice.

2012 - Eddie Lacy had 204 carries for 1322 yards and 17 TD. Yeldon had 175 carries for 1108 yards and 12 TD. Kenyan Drake had 42 carries for 281 yards and 5 TD.
2013 - Yeldon had 207 carries for 1235 yards and 14 TD. Drake had 92 carries for 694 and 8 TD. Derrick Henry had 35 carries for 382 yards and 3 TD.
2014 - Yeldon had 194 carries for 979 yards and 11 TD. Henry had 172 carries for 990 yards and 11 TD. Drake had 22 carries for 112 yards and 4 TD.

(05-16-2022, 05:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

False.

Yeldon was at Bama for 3 years and during those 3 years he led the team in carries twice.

2012 - Eddie Lacy had 204 carries for 1322 yards and 17 TD. Yeldon had 175 carries for 1108 yards and 12 TD. Kenyan Drake had 42 carries for 281 yards and 5 TD.
2013 - Yeldon had 207 carries for 1235 yards and 14 TD. Drake had 92 carries for 694 and 8 TD. Derrick Henry had 35 carries for 382 yards and 3 TD.
2014 - Yeldon had 194 carries for 979 yards and 11 TD. Henry had 172 carries for 990 yards and 11 TD. Drake had 22 carries for 112 yards and 4 TD.
Lol

You hate to see it

(05-16-2022, 04:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 04:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Stop putting words in my mouth and trying to move goalposts. 

Lol, you're not explaining anything to me.  It's a bunch a rable.  You could probably say that for about much more than 27 backs over the past 8  years.  So he was a dime a dozen that you can pick up in any round or even UDFA.  Ok then, pretty much exactly what I was saying.

You spent 2 pages going back and forth defending Kirk as a good offensive addition claiming his lone 982 yard season as enough, and the kind of production we could use.   (which I agreed with) 

But a committee back who had seasons of 1077, 777, and 901 yards was "never good." 

OK, bud.

Only here will people [BLEEP] and moan about guys that haven't stepped foot in jax in years. Ugh, the offseason.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(05-16-2022, 05:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

False.

ok, is stand corrected on the carries but he was never the best back on any of those teams. He led ypc in none of those years.

(05-16-2022, 05:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 04:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, you're not explaining anything to me.  It's a bunch a rable.  You could probably say that for about much more than 27 backs over the past 8  years.  So he was a dime a dozen that you can pick up in any round or even UDFA.  Ok then, pretty much exactly what I was saying.

You spent 2 pages going back and forth defending Kirk as a good offensive addition claiming his lone 982 yard season as enough, and the kind of production we could use.   (which I agreed with) 

But a committee back who had seasons of 1077, 777, and 901 yards was "never good." 

OK, bud.

I dont really care about the numbers.  Just like I dont look at Yawns sack number and wish he would of signed that 19 mil a deal year.  No I dont think Yeldon was ever that good, if he was he would still be here or he would of helped another team.  I think LF is decent to good but Yeldon isnt close to LF and never has been.  Can agree to dissagree on Yeldon being good.  You think he was good I dont, he would still be in Buf. if he was good because they have been looking for a good RB for years

(05-16-2022, 06:14 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Only here will people [BLEEP] and moan about guys that haven't stepped foot in jax in years. Ugh, the offseason.

Oh im sure you can go to every teams message board and the members will still talk about busts from their teams.  It does suck that we have more than most though

Yeldon was/is mediocre at best, nothing special.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23