Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Formula 1

I watched the highlights and just shook my head. I'll probably read about it tomorrow on BBC News sport section to see what the rundown is.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2022, 11:31 AM by JagsorDie. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-04-2022, 11:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I watched the highlights and just shook my head. I'll probably read about it tomorrow on BBC News sport section to see what the rundown is.

Well the basic rundown was Mercedes’ had Hamilton in the lead on slightly aged medium tires and George right behind him on the same tires. Red Bull had max in third on fresh soft tires. They had a full caution and max closed the gap and was right behind them. This is where Mercedes’ messed up. they had George as a buffer between max and Hamilton that may have been able to hold max off while Lewis got his tires warmed up after the restart. He still may have not been able to hold him off but he would have had a chance.

Instead Mercedes’ boxed George to switch him to soft tires which left max right on Lewis’ [BLEEP] and literally lost the position as soon as the race restarted.

That was at least the last part that was weird but there were quite a few other ones where guys stopped in bad spots on the track or forced cautions for stuff that didn’t end up being a problem. 

But that is essentially how the race ended.

(09-05-2022, 11:27 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 11:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I watched the highlights and just shook my head. I'll probably read about it tomorrow on BBC News sport section to see what the rundown is.

Well the basic rundown was Mercedes’ had Hamilton in the lead on slightly aged medium tires and George right behind him on the same tires. Red Bull had max in third on fresh soft tires. They had a full caution and max closed the gap and was right behind them. This is where Mercedes’ messed up. they had George as a buffer between max and Hamilton that may have been able to hold max off while Lewis got his tires warmed up after the restart. He still may have not been able to hold him off but he would have had a chance.

Instead Mercedes’ boxed George to switch him to soft tires which left max right on Lewis’ [BLEEP] and literally lost the position as soon as the race restarted.

That was at least the last part that was weird but there were quite a few other ones where guys stopped in bad spots on the track or forced cautions for stuff that didn’t end up being a problem. 

Thanks! Yeah, sometimes you wonder what these teams are thinking when making really dumb decisions that cost podiums. How this season translates into DTS will be interesting.

I thought this topic was about vitamin supplements for geriatrics or the latest product from Gerber. Silly me....
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(09-06-2022, 11:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-05-2022, 11:27 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Well the basic rundown was Mercedes’ had Hamilton in the lead on slightly aged medium tires and George right behind him on the same tires. Red Bull had max in third on fresh soft tires. They had a full caution and max closed the gap and was right behind them. This is where Mercedes’ messed up. they had George as a buffer between max and Hamilton that may have been able to hold max off while Lewis got his tires warmed up after the restart. He still may have not been able to hold him off but he would have had a chance.

Thanks! Yeah, sometimes you wonder what these teams are thinking when making really dumb decisions that cost podiums. How this season translates into DTS will be interesting.
If DTS is still filming Mercedes I’m sure this year will look like Armageddon. Between the racist bs with max’s gf dad(at a few of the races following) and the nose dive Mercedes has taken. DTS will blow whatever little tension into a full melt down. That’s not even mentioning all the questionable calls from Ferrari’s camp.

If you can take it FWIW and not read too much into it, I think it will be entertaining at the very least.

"Entertainment" being the operative word. If I want to know what's going on with the teams or drivers I go to their social media accounts since I don't even trust sports media. They stir the pot even more than Netflix. Lol

The new season of Drive to Survive coming 24 February for all you Formula One soap opera junkies. Lol.... I can't say anything because I watch it when I need mindless television.

Link

Round 1, Bahrain, March 5th.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-25-2023, 03:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Round 1, Bahrain, March 5th.

Yep. Was going to post the season calendar but haven't gotten around to it yet. Here it is. I watched the highlights from day one of testing and it looks interesting so far. 

I forgot the team principal for Ferrari quit over the off-season and was surprised to see the former team principal of Alfa Romeo in his place. I think two other teams have new team principals. 

A lot of drivers in different teams. Mick Schumacher left Haas for Mercedes as a reserve driver. Sebastian Vettel retired. Daniel Riccardo is gone from McLaren but is a reserve driver for Red Bull, I think. Nico Hulkenberg is back and with Haas. Williams has a new American driver, Logan Sargeant. Fernando Alonso is now driving for Aston Martin.

Here is a complete list of teams and drivers for the 2023 season. 

Hopefully it's a good season that isn't completely dominated by Red Bull and Verstappen. We'll see.

Qualifying going on for Bahrain right now.. Ngl, I like the SA track better than Bahrain. Should see that next race.

I missed it. Was super busy. I follow Haas and saw Hulkenberg got P10 and Magnussen got P18. Will have to look it up.

Ferrari took a hit.. This is RB's race to lose.

That's tough for LeClerc and Ferrari. The same thing happened to both Red Bull cars in the first race last year. Power unit failure. I'm sure they'll figure it out just as RB did last year.

A big congratulations to Fernando Alonso and Aston Martin. I did not see that coming at all. I don't think anyone thought that could happen.

Haas got 13th and 15th. Not surprising. Hopefully they pull a Jaguars and get better as the season goes on.

Charles Leclerc with a 10 place grid penalty for using too many ECU units already.

Ferrari just doing Ferrari things.

I was wondering what happened. I kept seeing something about him but didn't have time to look it up. I'll have to check it out.

I thought things might go better for Ferrari with the new team principle. I guess not.

Hell of a crash at the Indy 500.. Dude got flipped and rode the circut upside down lol.. He's ok and got out..

But dude looked like he wanted Tom Cruise and Oprah to put the invisible fire out lol

(05-28-2023, 03:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Hell of a crash at the Indy 500.. Dude got flipped and rode the circut upside down lol.. He's ok and got out..

But dude looked like he wanted Tom Cruise and Oprah to put the invisible fire out lol

I saw something about that but haven't watched the video of it yet. 

The race here in NC was moved to tomorrow due to all the rain we've had all weekend. I'm glad that decision was made.

And a tire flew off a car and narrowly missed the stands.