Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My 2022 Jaguars 7-Round Mock

Well i was in the middle of posting this thread on my computer and my internet went out so im going to just post the short version of just the picks from my phone and update the thread later when my service is restored.

1. De Aidan Hutchinson
33. Wr John Metchie
65. Lb Chad Muma
70. Te Cade Otton
106. Wr Justyn Ross
157. C Luke Fortner
180. SS Smoke Monday
188. G Chris Paul
198. Rb Piere Strong
222. Lb Darian Butler
235. Dt C.j Wright

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just did a mock draft myself, no trades because it gets silly. I always intended to take WR at 33 but just can’t turn down Linderbaum  also Parham was still available quite late which was a surprise….

1. Aidan Hitchinson DE
2. Tyler Linderbaum C
3. George Pickens WR
4. Brandon Smith LB
5. Channing Tindall LB
6. Cordell Volson OG
7. Jaylen Wydermeyer TE
8. Ty Chandler RB
9. Josh Jobe CB
10. Bubba Bolden S
11. Dylan Parham OG
12. Andrew Mevis K

(04-18-2022, 08:19 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Well i was in the middle of posting this thread on my computer and my internet went out so im going to just post the short version of just the picks from my phone and update the thread later when my service is restored.

1. De Aidan Hutchinson
33. Wr John Metchie
65. Lb Chad Muma
70. Te Cade Otton
106. Wr Justyn Ross
157. C Luke Fortner
180. SS Smoke Monday
188. G Chris Paul
198. Rb Piere Strong
222. Lb Darian Butler
235. Dt C.j Wright
Not bad.  Of course, it would also depend on what players were available at each pick.  But just looking at the players selected without looking at the other players...

I could take or leave hutchinson.  Metchie is a little higher than I would prefer.
Absolutely LOVE the Muma pick, and Otton is okay there given our needs.  The top of the 4th round is about the earliest I would take a chance on Ross given his injury history.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-18-2022, 02:41 PM)Cookie6262 Wrote: Just did a mock draft myself, no trades because it gets silly. I always intended to take WR at 33 but just can’t turn down Linderbaum  also Parham was still available quite late which was a surprise….

1. Aidan Hitchinson DE
2. Tyler Linderbaum C
3. George Pickens WR
4. Brandon Smith LB
5. Channing Tindall LB
6. Cordell Volson OG
7. Jaylen Wydermeyer TE
8. Ty Chandler RB
9. Josh Jobe CB
10. Bubba Bolden S
11. Dylan Parham OG
12. Andrew Mevis K

Not bad, either.

Again, could take or leave Hutchinson.  My only concern with Linderbaum is his size, but I think a lot of Jaguars fans (me included) would be happy with Linderbaum at 33.  Oickens at the top of the 3rd isn't bad, and an ILB uke Smith is a good fit at that spot.  My main concern with this draft is not taking a TE until round 5 and then Wudermeyer.  I think with as much as Pederson emphasizes the position, he would attack that position at least a round earlier, maybe as early as the 2nd round.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I think we ride with the tight ends we already have now. Team needs at wr, oline are more important. Also, if we can grab a fast impact linebacker or 2

A guard named Chris Paul? Sign me up.

(04-18-2022, 02:41 PM)Cookie6262 Wrote: Just did a mock draft myself, no trades because it gets silly. I always intended to take WR at 33 but just can’t turn down Linderbaum  also Parham was still available quite late which was a surprise….

1. Aidan Hitchinson DE
2. Tyler Linderbaum C
3. George Pickens WR
4. Brandon Smith LB
5. Channing Tindall LB
6. Cordell Volson OG
7. Jaylen Wydermeyer TE
8. Ty Chandler RB
9. Josh Jobe CB
10. Bubba Bolden S
11. Dylan Parham OG
12. Andrew Mevis K

Not a bad draft at all. tindall in the 4th round seems like a steal. He forced his way into playing time with Dean and Walker last year. You covered a lot of our needs here my friend.

(04-18-2022, 09:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 08:19 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Well i was in the middle of posting this thread on my computer and my internet went out so im going to just post the short version of just the picks from my phone and update the thread later when my service is restored.

1. De Aidan Hutchinson
33. Wr John Metchie
65. Lb Chad Muma
70. Te Cade Otton
106. Wr Justyn Ross
157. C Luke Fortner
180. SS Smoke Monday
188. G Chris Paul
198. Rb Piere Strong
222. Lb Darian Butler
235. Dt C.j Wright
Not bad.  Of course, it would also depend on what players were available at each pick.  But just looking at the players selected without looking at the other players...

I could take or leave hutchinson.  Metchie is a little higher than I would prefer.
Absolutely LOVE the Muma pick, and Otton is okay there given our needs.  The top of the 4th round is about the earliest I would take a chance on Ross given his injury history.
Metchie at 33 would be a great pick at if he didn't just have the ACL injury.  Metchie is one of my favorite WRs in this class but at 33 we need someone that can help us this year

(04-19-2022, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 09:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Not bad.  Of course, it would also depend on what players were available at each pick.  But just looking at the players selected without looking at the other players...

Metchie at 33 would be a great pick at if he didn't just have the ACL injury.  Metchie is one of my favorite WRs in this class but at 33 we need someone that can help us this year
Wait. So now it’s about who can help the Jags immediately not who has the highest upside?

If Baalke believes Metchie has the highest upside, they should take him right? Would you say the same if Jameson Williams was available at 33?

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2022, 12:34 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-19-2022, 12:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Metchie at 33 would be a great pick at if he didn't just have the ACL injury.  Metchie is one of my favorite WRs in this class but at 33 we need someone that can help us this year
Wait. So now it’s about who can help the Jags immediately not who has the highest upside?

If Baalke believes Metchie has the highest upside, they should take him right? Would you say the same if Jameson Williams was available at 33?

I think for Baalke it's both.  I don't believe he has the time to draft players at the top that can't help us this year.  If we are picking top 5 next year or maybe even top 10 he is likely fired.  You have to take serious injuries into account.  Metchie likely won't even play this year.

(04-19-2022, 12:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Metchie at 33 would be a great pick at if he didn't just have the ACL injury.  Metchie is one of my favorite WRs in this class but at 33 we need someone that can help us this year

You don't take serious injuries into account?

(04-19-2022, 12:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 12:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait. So now it’s about who can help the Jags immediately not who has the highest upside?

I think for Baalke it's both.  I don't believe he has the time to draft players at the top that can't help us this year.  If we are picking top 5 next year or maybe even top 10 he is likely fired.  You have to take serious injuries into account.  Metchie likely won't even play this year.

(04-19-2022, 12:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait. So now it’s about who can help the Jags immediately not who has the highest upside?

Just the other day you said they should take who they feel will be the best player. 

Now, it’s who Baalke thinks will help right away?

If Jameson Williams is there at 33, Jags should sprint to the podium.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2022, 01:37 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-19-2022, 01:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 12:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think for Baalke it's both.  I don't believe he has the time to draft players at the top that can't help us this year.  If we are picking top 5 next year or maybe even top 10 he is likely fired.  You have to take serious injuries into account.  Metchie likely won't even play this year.

Just the other day you said they should take who they feel will be the best player. 

Now, it’s who Baalke thinks will help right away?

If Jameson Williams is there at 33, Jags should sprint to the podium.
You are very confused as usually lol.  Yes the team should take the best player.  With that said you have to take serious injuries into consideration,  you would be a fool if serious injuries doesn't matter. There is a reason players drop later into the draft when one has a serious injury.  Will he be the same player before the injury? I would likely take Williams at 33 depending on what the doctors say, same with Metchie.  If neither had an injury it would be a much better pick and not a risk like i said before

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2022, 01:31 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Actually just found this so I would feel much better with Metchie at 33 and he was already one of my favorite WRs. Didn't realize he would healthy so soon. Would actually love Metchie at 33 after seeing this, he won't get close to the 3rd if this tweet is true

https://twitter.com/_AndrewCallahan/stat...cFRa04_viw

1. Aidan Hitchinson DE
2. Tyler Linderbaum C
3. George Pickens WR
4. Brandon Smith LB
5. Channing Tindall LB
6. Cordell Volson OG
7. Jaylen Wydermeyer TE
8. Ty Chandler RB
9. Josh Jobe CB
10. Bubba Bolden S
11. Dylan Parham OG
12. Andrew Mevis K

I would absolutely love most of this Mock. I personally don't think Linderbaum will be there at #33 or he would have been my choice and I don't know that Pickens will last until the 3rd either, but he's another guy who i'd be excited to get.