Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Evan Neal, Kenyon Greene and daniel Faalele with top 3 picks..

Imagine those 3 to the offensive line its possible im surprised noone thought of this..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

or even draft neal in round1 tre mcbride in round 2 john metchie and daniel faalele in rounds 3 and 4..

I'd love to have Linderbaum at 33 but I don't think he will be there. I'm starting to lean towards Metchie there after the update on him

(04-20-2022, 05:35 AM)chris hill Wrote: Imagine those 3 to the offensive line its possible im surprised noone thought of this..

Kind of like the successful 2010 draft we had under Gene Smith when we went DLine in our 1st four picks.  Sad

* Tyson Alualu
* D'Anthony Smith
* Larry Hart
* Austen Lane

Not today satan

That would be terrible! We'd and up with one of the worst O-Lines in history. Neal is an average RT at best. Green is the most overrated interior O-Lineman in the draft and may not even keep a starting job in the NFL and Faalele might eat himself out of the league. He was destroyed by several edge pass rushers during Senior Bowl week. He spent more time on the ground than he did upright. It was brutal! His feet looked like they were stuck in cement. I see "bust" written all over him.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2022, 09:54 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

We have a huge need at edge and inside linebacker that shouldn't be ignored.  If we get those, I'm good with using many of our other picks on offense. Maybe not those particular players.

(04-20-2022, 08:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 05:35 AM)chris hill Wrote: Imagine those 3 to the offensive line its possible im surprised noone thought of this..

Kind of like the successful 2010 draft we had under Gene Smith when we went DLine in our 1st four picks.  Sad

* Tyson Alualu
* D'Anthony Smith
* Larry Hart
* Austen Lane

Death row there

Nobody thought or mentioned it because it’s Assinine.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 06:42 AM by Bullseye.)

I like Neal. Have yet to formulate a strong opinion on Green. Faalele woulld be nausea inducing.

(04-20-2022, 08:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

* Tyson Alualu
* D'Anthony Smith
* Larry Hart
* Austen Lane

Egads!

I have had my fill of revisiting Gene Smith drafts.  As useful as they are as examples of how NOT to utilize the draft, thr sickening feeling that comes with reviewing them is intolerable.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-20-2022, 10:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be terrible! We'd and up with one of the worst O-Lines in history. Neal is an average RT at best. Green is the most overrated interior O-Lineman in the draft and may not even keep a starting job in the NFL and Faalele might eat himself out of the league. He was destroyed by several edge pass rushers during Senior Bowl week. He spent more time on the ground than he did upright. It was brutal! His feet looked like they were stuck in cement. I see "bust" written all over him.

GOT 'EM

(04-20-2022, 10:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be terrible! We'd and up with one of the worst O-Lines in history. Neal is an average RT at best. Green is the most overrated interior O-Lineman in the draft and may not even keep a starting job in the NFL and Faalele might eat himself out of the league. He was destroyed by several edge pass rushers during Senior Bowl week. He spent more time on the ground than he did upright. It was brutal! His feet looked like they were stuck in cement. I see "bust" written all over him.

I reviewed Kenyon Green.

What is your problem with him?

To me, if you value pulling and getting out on the second level, or changing directions to catch stunts, etc., he looks like a great guy to have.

IMHO I feel like Evan Neal is the best #1 pick...this year.  Even if he isn't going to become an upper 5 left tackle, I think his experience on both sides of the line at G and T will make him a top ten player at one of the positions on the OL.  In other top heavy drafts he'd probably would go in the 5-15 range, but I feel like he's the safest pick the Jags can make at #1.

I just don't see Hutchinson as a true #1 DE, I think he'll find a spot on the DL but I don't feel like he's a supremely talented athletic prospect that the #1 should be.  I project him to be a solid but unspectacular pick, there is something to say about pairing him with Josh Allen on the other side, but I expect my #1 to be a dominant player that you pair someone else with...not the other way around.  Others have said it, but I look at his tape and see a guy who's a fundamentally sound player who is better than most college LTs. 

The other DEs are projects...ie. high risk.

Call me crazy.....but let's draft Jameson Williams with our first pick. He's the guy we really want. And he is going early. Like top ten. Then best available DE or OT with the next.

(04-24-2022, 02:01 AM)burt1jason Wrote: Call me crazy.....but let's draft Jameson Williams with our first pick.  He's the guy we really want.  And he is going early.  Like top ten.  Then best available DE or OT with the next.

Had he not torn his ACL, especially so late in the season, I'd be with you on that.

(04-24-2022, 10:44 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 02:01 AM)burt1jason Wrote: Call me crazy.....but let's draft Jameson Williams with our first pick.  He's the guy we really want.  And he is going early.  Like top ten.  Then best available DE or OT with the next.

Had he not torn his ACL, especially so late in the season, I'd be with you on that.

Agreed 100%. When he got injured, it crushed my soul.

Evan Neal feels like a bust to me.

By "bust" I'm assuming you mean he won't be a starter at either tackle or guard on either side of the line.  If that's the case, I disagree, the ability he's shown to (successfully) line up at any position shows he has the mental capacity not only to play those positions, but an aptitude to understand the entire OL scheme.  Add his athletic talent, his ability for counter-moves, and his ability to deliver a strong OL punch and I think he's easily going to find a spot.  As I said above, he may not be a top 5 LT but I think he'll deliver a solid performance on the OL (RT would be my best guess.)

(04-24-2022, 06:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 10:44 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Had he not torn his ACL, especially so late in the season, I'd be with you on that.

Agreed 100%. When he got injured, it crushed my soul.

He's WAY ahead of schedule on the rehab.  He's already running.   Mark my words, by the end of the season, there will be much regret around here if we don't get him. Ja'Marr Chase of this season.

(04-25-2022, 09:06 PM)burt1jason Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 06:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed 100%. When he got injured, it crushed my soul.

He's WAY ahead of schedule on the rehab.  He's already running.   Mark my words, by the end of the season, there will be much regret around here if we don't get him. Ja'Marr Chase of this season.

Agreed. I'd be fine with taking him #1 overall. WR is the biggest need on the team and Williams would be perfect.