Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deebo Requests a Trade

Shenault drop rate in 2021 - 8%
Samuel drop rate in 2021 - 8.3%

Just remember that if you are one of those people that's been calling to cut Viska for the past five months

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-21-2022, 12:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Shenault drop rate in 2021 - 8%

Just remember that if you are one of those people that's been calling to cut Viska for the past five months
Pretty sure Jamarr Chase was #2 in drop % last season.

The drop % doesn't bother me if you make plays when you get the ball. S

(04-21-2022, 12:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Shenault drop rate in 2021 - 8%

8.3 is bigger than 8, sounds like he's better.

After hearing today that Samuel no longer wants to play the WR/RB hybrid role, I no longer have interest in him. He will cost a lot in terms of a trade and in salary and if he no longer wants to play the role that made him a breakout star last season, he doesn't have the value he had just a week ago, imo.

It's crazy how many people are acting like his only value is as a WR/RB hyrid. In the first 9 games of the season, he had 11 rushes for 58 yards, with 5/36 coming in that 9th game. During that same 9 game stretch he had 979 yards receiving. It wasn't until that 9th/10th game that he really started playing as their de facto starting RB, IIRC mainly due to their multiple injuries. He still finished 5th in the league in receiving despite having a significantly reduced role as a WR for the final 8 games of the season. He's a legit talent even solely as a WR, the only potential knock on him is how much did Shanahan's offense boost his abilities in getting his YAC.

(04-21-2022, 03:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: After hearing today that Samuel no longer wants to play the WR/RB hybrid role, I no longer have interest in him. He will cost a lot in terms of a trade and in salary and if he no longer wants to play the role that made him a breakout star last season, he doesn't have the value he had just a week ago, imo.

I think hes stupid if he doesnt want to "play that role" 
I would want to touch the ball as much as possible and get paid good. Maybe he can save it for the playoffs smh

(04-21-2022, 10:08 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 03:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: After hearing today that Samuel no longer wants to play the WR/RB hybrid role, I no longer have interest in him. He will cost a lot in terms of a trade and in salary and if he no longer wants to play the role that made him a breakout star last season, he doesn't have the value he had just a week ago, imo.

I think hes stupid if he doesnt want to "play that role" 
I would want to touch the ball as much as possible and get paid good. Maybe he can save it for the playoffs smh

Actually he deleted HIS tweet saying that and is now blaming some sportswriter for the rumor.  Guess he is pretending he never tweeted it...talk about a red flag...Wink
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2022, 02:02 AM by Talented Kalamari. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think we absolutely need to try and make a move for Deebo Samuel. Especially with DJ Chark’s departure. Guy is a game changer and a gadget as well. An offense comprised of J Rob, Agnew, And Deebo would be great for Sunshine too. Something to think about.

Doesn’t seem like the 9ers have any interest in fulfilling his trade request, but I’m willing to bet that will change with the right offer. I say we offer them picks and see what happens

Can this go in deebo thread lol

My ocd kicks in when there r multiple threads for a topic that cpuld just be combined into 1 big thread

(04-22-2022, 02:11 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Can this go in deebo thread lol

My ocd kicks in when there r multiple threads for a topic that cpuld just be combined into 1 big thread

Depends, Can you not act like a virgin?

Fyi, please don't use the term "OCD" cavalierly. It is a mental disorder on par with schizophrenia, not some quirky form of perfectionism, which is a personality type. If you have been diagnosed with OCD, my heart goes out to you and I hope you are getting the help you need. My ex-wife has a bad case, and it took over her personality and our marriage.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-22-2022, 02:00 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I think we absolutely need to try and make a move for Deebo Samuel. Especially with DJ Chark’s departure. Guy is a game changer and a gadget as well. An offense comprised of J Rob, Agnew, And Deebo would be great for Sunshine too. Something to think about.

Doesn’t seem like the 9ers have any interest in fulfilling his trade request, but I’m willing to bet that will change with the right offer. I say we offer them picks and see what happens

Deebo would function well in Pederson's offense; however, he's not the prototypical X receiver everyone says we need. Because of that, I wouldn't waste draft capital. He's not JaMarr Chase, Stephon Diggs, etc. While Deebo strikes fear in defenders because he's like a faster Greg Jones, he doesn't take the top off defenses and open up everything underneath. 

A potential Deebo is already on the roster for much much cheaper -- Viska. Let's hope his Year 2 can be forgotten so he can build on his strong rookie year under better coaches' tutelage. 

I wish we could trade back and nab Thibs and London. That would be my dream draft addressing the top two needs with blue-chip prototypes.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2022, 03:26 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

If somebody wants to start a dicussion on a specific idea/topic I think it should be allowed it's own thread. Posting a new question just because it's relating to a specific player mentioned elsewhere may get no replies/discussion and on top of that, this forum is extremely small and isn't hurting from new threads/topics. 

My personal opinion on that matter. And I agree, if we could get Deebo we should.

(04-22-2022, 03:01 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 02:00 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I think we absolutely need to try and make a move for Deebo Samuel. Especially with DJ Chark’s departure. Guy is a game changer and a gadget as well. An offense comprised of J Rob, Agnew, And Deebo would be great for Sunshine too. Something to think about.

Deebo would function well in Pederson's offense; however, he's not the prototypical X receiver everyone says we need. Because of that, I wouldn't waste draft capital. He's not JaMarr Chase, Stephon Diggs, etc. While Deebo strikes fear in defenders because he's like a faster Greg Jones, he doesn't take the top off defenses and open up everything underneath. 

A potential Deebo is already on the roster for much much cheaper -- Viska. Let's hope his Year 2 can be forgotten so he can build on his strong rookie year under better coaches' tutelage. 

I wish we could trade back and nab Thibs and London. That would be my dream draft addressing the top two needs with blue-chip prototypes.

Please for the love of god don't compare Lavisko to Deebo. If you've watched Deebo a bit more you'd notice that, while he does play a similar role to how we have used Shenault the man has real ability as a WR, He runs really good routes, has great hands and much better speed. Shenault  drops balls. Their comparision ends at playcalling.

(04-22-2022, 03:23 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

If somebody wants to start a dicussion on a specific idea/topic I think it should be allowed it's own thread. Posting a new question just because it's relating to a specific player mentioned elsewhere may get no replies/discussion and on top of that, this forum is extremely small and isn't hurting from new threads/topics. 

My personal opinion on that matter. And I agree, if we could get Deebo we should.

There seem to be too many chiefs on this message board. So many people analyzing the flow of threads. Handle that stuff behind the scenes so the Indians can have fun.

(04-22-2022, 03:26 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 03:23 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: If somebody wants to start a dicussion on a specific idea/topic I think it should be allowed it's own thread. Posting a new question just because it's relating to a specific player mentioned elsewhere may get no replies/discussion and on top of that, this forum is extremely small and isn't hurting from new threads/topics. 

There seem to be too many chiefs on this message board. So many people analyzing the flow of threads. Handle that stuff behind the scenes so the Indians can have fun.

I think it's extremely stupid how often topics are merged into the same thread just for the question/discussion to die because people come onto the board, see a thread they've already looked at and don't know theres another discussion to be had.

(04-22-2022, 03:23 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

(04-22-2022, 03:01 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Deebo would function well in Pederson's offense; however, he's not the prototypical X receiver everyone says we need. Because of that, I wouldn't waste draft capital. He's not JaMarr Chase, Stephon Diggs, etc. While Deebo strikes fear in defenders because he's like a faster Greg Jones, he doesn't take the top off defenses and open up everything underneath. 

Please for the love of god don't compare Lavisko to Deebo. If you've watched Deebo a bit more you'd notice that, while he does play a similar role to how we have used Shenault the man has real ability as a WR, He runs really good routes, has great hands and much better speed. Shenault  drops balls. Their comparision ends at playcalling.

I love God, and I'll keep comparing. Viska had good hands his first year. I would say his ceiling isn't as high as Deebo, but my point is that if you're going to spend your money for a top receiver spend it wisely on a true X. We've already got potentially Deebo-lite on the roster filling the wrecking ball role.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2022, 03:32 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-22-2022, 03:28 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 03:23 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: If somebody wants to start a dicussion on a specific idea/topic I think it should be allowed it's own thread. Posting a new question just because it's relating to a specific player mentioned elsewhere may get no replies/discussion and on top of that, this forum is extremely small and isn't hurting from new threads/topics. 

I love God, and I'll keep comparing. Viska had good hands his first year. I would say his ceiling isn't as high as Deebo, but my point is that if you're going to spend your money for a top receiver spend it wisely on a true X. We've already got potentially Deebo-lite on the roster filling the wrecking ball role.

Bro Deebo had 1400 yards Recieving last year.. All while he was taking some of his snaps being handed the ball as a back. Think about that.. he can absolutely be an x-wr.

EDIT: I would like to add, if you go back and watch the 9ers vs Rams games last season he was out playing Jalen quite often which is something I think Shenault could only dream of. Not many WRs get the best of the top corner in football. He's a superstar.

Some people arent convinced yet that laviska cant catch the ball. Smh. This team can not overcome drops.

(04-22-2022, 04:01 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Some people arent convinced yet that laviska cant catch the ball. Smh. This team can not overcome drops.

Shenault is no deebo.

Welp apologies for opening a can of worms

Ill keep my trap shut from now on