Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Amateur Mock Thread

No experts here.

Mine from TDN with settings of 7 round, no trades, prospects in TDN Player Ranking order (as opposed to TDN Predictive)

1. Hutch - no comment needed. Best player at premium position and fills a need.
33. Devin Lloyd LB Utah - Dean was also available, I like Lloyd's fit and upside more.
65. Trey McBride TE Colo. St - If this mimics reality holy moly we're doing well so far.
70. Nicholas Petit-Frere OT anOSU - Kind of a dead zone here, WR were considered, but kind of a reach. NPF looks to be more suited to the left, so this is more looking ahead to letting Cam walk next offseason so long as Little can hold his own at RT
106. Jalen Tolbert WR S. Alabama - I was so nervous he'd get picked just ahead of me, best of the WR left on the board that have potential at X.
157. Sincere McCormick RB UTSA - Another dead zone in the darft, I decided to get some value and take an RB who could fill JRob's role as he recuperates. Zone fit was a plus.
180. Smoke Monday S Auburn - This mock ran through DBs like mad. Probably sacrificed a little value to get a big guy who likes contact. I'll take that every day.
188. Ben Stille DE Nebraska - Developmental 3-4 End, we need to find someone to replace all the production lost by letting Taven walk LOL.
197. Luke Fortner IOL Kentucky - Experience at both G and C, developmental guy.
198. Josh Ross, LB Michigan - Another ILB prospect, will likely have to play some ST early on, too.
222. Charleston Rambo WR Miami(FL) - Developmental receiver, likely spends time either on PS or covering kicks.
235. Nick Ford IOL Utah - Another developmental guy, played everywhere on the line and IMHO criminally underrated by TDN. 

Alright savages, point and laugh at my picks. Then, post yours to show how the smart folks darft.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Started Hutch, Cine, Pickens, Quay, Lucas and then had to shut it down cause those rankings are completely unrealistic.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2022, 02:05 PM by The Eleventh Doctor. Edited 1 time in total.)

Using PFF:

[Image: pff-mock-results-10.png]

Not the best grade, but I took Likely much earlier than they have him valued at. But I think he'd be gone after that for sure. Very o-line heavy, with a WR early.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(04-22-2022, 10:54 AM)Mikey Wrote: No experts here.

Mine from TDN with settings of 7 round, no trades, prospects in TDN Player Ranking order (as opposed to TDN Predictive)

33. Devin Lloyd LB Utah - Dean was also available, I like Lloyd's fit and upside more.
65. Trey McBride TE Colo. St - If this mimics reality holy moly we're doing well so far.
70. Nicholas Petit-Frere OT anOSU - Kind of a dead zone here, WR were considered, but kind of a reach. NPF looks to be more suited to the left, so this is more looking ahead to letting Cam walk next offseason so long as Little can hold his own at RT
106. Jalen Tolbert WR S. Alabama - I was so nervous he'd get picked just ahead of me, best of the WR left on the board that have potential at X.
157. Sincere McCormick RB UTSA - Another dead zone in the darft, I decided to get some value and take an RB who could fill JRob's role as he recuperates. Zone fit was a plus.
180. Smoke Monday S Auburn - This mock ran through DBs like mad. Probably sacrificed a little value to get a big guy who likes contact. I'll take that every day.
188. Ben Stille DE Nebraska - Developmental 3-4 End, we need to find someone to replace all the production lost by letting Taven walk LOL.
198. Josh Ross, LB Michigan - Another ILB prospect, will likely have to play some ST early on, too.
222. Charleston Rambo WR Miami(FL) - Developmental receiver, likely spends time either on PS or covering kicks.
235. Nick Ford IOL Utah - Another developmental guy, played everywhere on the line and IMHO criminally underrated by TDN. 

Alright savages, point and laugh at my picks. Then, post yours to show how the smart folks darft.
First, without seeing the players that were available, it's difficult to point and laugh.

On top of that, just at face value, I don't see much to laugh at.

Hutchinson fits team need and value at #1.

Devin Lloyd at 33 would be great value.  I don't know if he will be there at that pick, but if he is, that would not be a abd pick.

Getting Trey McBride at 65 would make me very happy and relieved.  At this point, assuming we are after a Y, I think he fits that mold, along with Jelani Woods.

I am kinda so so on Petit Frere at that point, but that's to be expected at that point in the draft.

I'm not a huge Tolbert fan, but at that point in the draft, he may be the best you could hope for, especially of Pederson is right about the lack of depth at WR in this class.

I like the Fortner and Rambo picks at that point.

There weren't any picks tha induced projectile vomiting.  I think you did a decent job, all things considered.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-22-2022, 02:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 10:54 AM)Mikey Wrote: No experts here.

First, without seeing the players that were available, it's difficult to point and laugh.

Devin Lloyd at 33 would be great value.  I don't know if he will be there at that pick, but if he is, that would not be a abd pick.

Getting Trey McBride at 65 would make me very happy and relieved.  At this point, assuming we are after a Y, I think he fits that mold, along with Jelani Woods.

I am kinda so so on Petit Frere at that point, but that's to be expected at that point in the draft.

I'm not a huge Tolbert fan, but at that point in the draft, he may be the best you could hope for, especially of Pederson is right about the lack of depth at WR in this class.

There weren't any picks tha induced projectile vomiting.  I think you did a decent job, all things considered.

Practices would be brutal for him. Hutchinson destroyed him and Dawand Jones in the Michigan/Ohio State game.

(04-22-2022, 02:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 02:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote: First, without seeing the players that were available, it's difficult to point and laugh.

Practices would be brutal for him. Hutchinson destroyed him and Dawand Jones in the Michigan/Ohio State game.

Yes.  Hutch abused him.  But he is not without his positive attributes.  A good OL coach can possibly clean up some of his rougher spots, and a good playcaller can scheme around others.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2022, 11:21 PM by I am Yoda. Edited 1 time in total.)

One of the interesting things from the press conference was their discussion of filling needs or taking best available player.  Doug seemed to emphasize that taking the best available player is usually the right course because it is significant to make a position group very good. That having a very good position group impacts your overall play. I just thought that was interesting based on some of the things I’ve read in the threads.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-22-2022, 11:20 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: One of the interesting things from the press conference was their discussion of filling needs or taking best available player.  Doug seemed to emphasize that taking the best available player is usually the right course because it is significant to make a position group very good. That having a very good position group impacts your overall play. I just thought that was interesting based on some of the things I’ve read in the threads.

Actually, both Baalke and Pederson emphasized that.

I forget where it was stated, but I get the impression that all of the different coaches were pounding the tables for their guys.  I also got the impression that Baalke was listening to the coaches.  Hopefully that translates into great draft decisions for the Jaguars.

Not a bad haul. Covers a lot of needs on the roster overall.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-22-2022, 01:50 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Using PFF:

Not the best grade, but I took Likely much earlier than they have him valued at. But I think he'd be gone after that for sure. Very o-line heavy, with a WR early.

With the same caveats I offered to Mikey on his mock still in effect:

Hutch is a good pick.
Tracis Jones is a good player.  I've seen some mocks putting him as a first round pick.  Would like this pick better if it were more of a need for us.

See above for Tolbert analysis.

I like the Salyer pick.  Fits in nicely as G.  At minimum a very good backup his first year.

I liked Likely early in the offseason.  With the Jaguars essentially signing his kind of TE with Engram and Likely's poor combine, Likely becomes less appealing.  If we found a true Y, I'd feel better.

Overall, I wonder if there is enough help fo Trevor here, but still a decent enough draft overall.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2022, 01:39 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

PFFs mock simulator did an update and I think it's pretty good now. I am not getting nearly the same steals late as I used to. My main takeaway from my mock is holy cow OL is deep this year. We could build (and I think I did) an entire OL of really high upside, athletic, experienced, versatile OL with only mid/late OL picks this year.

1. Hutch - I get why Walker is tempting, but I'm going with the safe double or triple to lead off the game.
33. George Pickens - I still get the concerns, but he's the best chance at a real X in this draft.
65. Brian Asamoah - Some say undersized, some say exactly Lavonte Davis sized. Sideline to sideline LB perfect for today's game.
70. Zach Tom - He's really rising, and for good reason. Elite C potential, good OT potential. Bet on the tape, athleticism, experience, and versatility.
106. Kellen Diesch - Broke the goldilocks 4.47 SS threshold. Very highly graded on top of that. Huge steal on day 3.
157. Daniel Bellinger - Another fast riser. If Jelani didn't exist Bellinger would be getting all the hype, except Bellinger actually looks the part on the field already.
180. Chris Paul - Lots of guys thought he was the best OL on Tulsa and not Tyler Smith. Freak athlete this late is a steal.
188. Jason Poe - The "bowling ball of knives" nickname gets thrown around once a year. Poe is this years. Very small, freak athlete, destroys guys. Definition of fun.
197. Zachary Thomas - Honestly just banking on the crazy athleticism again at this point. Just throw darts at guys who crush the thresholds and hope they develop.
198. Smoke Monday - I honestly don't like him as much as a lot of others, but we need a safety and he has experience and shouldn't be around this late.
222. Luke Wattenburg - One last example of a freak athlete to be a jar on the shelf for down the road. Can't have enough of those types.
235. Isaiah Weston - All time great athlete with great size. My last pick every mock because he's always there, but would be happy taking him much earlier if need be.

I do with there were more I liked on day 3 that wasn't OL OL OL but I really think that's the depth of this class. Maybe knowing how deep the OL still is post rankigns change I would go differently at 70 and 106. Still, very happy to walk away with a top EDGE, WR, and LB.

(04-23-2022, 01:25 PM)Upper Wrote: PFFs mock simulator did an update and I think it's pretty good now. I am not getting nearly the same steals late as I used to. My main takeaway from my mock is holy cow OL is deep this year. We could build (and I think I did) an entire OL of really high upside, athletic, experienced, versatile OL with only mid/late OL picks this year.

1. Hutch - I get why Walker is tempting, but I'm going with the safe double or triple to lead off the game.
33. George Pickens - I still get the concerns, but he's the best chance at a real X in this draft.
65. Brian Asamoah - Some say undersized, some say exactly Lavonte Davis sized. Sideline to sideline LB perfect for today's game.
70. Zach Tom - He's really rising, and for good reason. Elite C potential, good OT potential. Bet on the tape, athleticism, experience, and versatility.
106. Kellen Diesch - Broke the goldilocks 4.47 SS threshold. Very highly graded on top of that. Huge steal on day 3.
157. Daniel Bellinger - Another fast riser. If Jelani didn't exist Bellinger would be getting all the hype, except Bellinger actually looks the part on the field already.
180. Chris Paul - Lots of guys thought he was the best OL on Tulsa and not Tyler Smith. Freak athlete this late is a steal.
188. Jason Poe - The "bowling ball of knives" nickname gets thrown around once a year. Poe is this years. Very small, freak athlete, destroys guys. Definition of fun.
197. Zachary Thomas - Honestly just banking on the crazy athleticism again at this point. Just throw darts at guys who crush the thresholds and hope they develop.
198. Smoke Monday - I honestly don't like him as much as a lot of others, but we need a safety and he has experience and shouldn't be around this late.
222. Luke Wattenburg - One last example of a freak athlete to be a jar on the shelf for down the road. Can't have enough of those types.
235. Isaiah Weston - All time great athlete with great size. My last pick every mock because he's always there, but would be happy taking him much earlier if need be.

I do with there were more I liked on day 3 that wasn't OL OL OL but I really think that's the depth of this class. Maybe knowing how deep the OL still is post rankigns change I would go differently at 70 and 106. Still, very happy to walk away with a top EDGE, WR, and LB.
Love the first 4.

Pretty ideal to me.

(04-23-2022, 12:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 01:50 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Using PFF:

With the same caveats I offered to Mikey on his mock still in effect:

Hutch is a good pick.
Tracis Jones is a good player.  I've seen some mocks putting him as a first round pick.  Would like this pick better if it were more of a need for us.

I like the Salyer pick.  Fits in nicely as G.  At minimum a very good backup his first year.

I liked Likely early in the offseason.  With the Jaguars essentially signing his kind of TE with Engram and Likely's poor combine, Likely becomes less appealing.  If we found a true Y, I'd feel better.

Overall, I wonder if there is enough help fo Trevor here, but still a decent enough draft overall.

I'm not sure we're going to get enough help for Trevor in this draft, unfortunately. Maybe if we trade down in Round 2, or someone falls. I didn't make trades in that draft becuase PFF's trade system is wonky and easy to manipulate. Like this:

[Image: pff-mock-results-11.png]

And while I could make more 'reasonable' trades, it's hard to judge what's reasonable and therefore I think it's fairer not to do trades in a mock draft because they're just so unpredictable. I do hope we trade down somehow in the 2nd round (I don't think first round is happening. If it does, Baalke will deserve a bit of credit for managing it somehow.)
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(04-23-2022, 04:58 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 12:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: With the same caveats I offered to Mikey on his mock still in effect:

Hutch is a good pick.

I'm not sure we're going to get enough help for Trevor in this draft, unfortunately. Maybe if we trade down in Round 2, or someone falls. I didn't make trades in that draft becuase PFF's trade system is wonky and easy to manipulate. Like this:

And while I could make more 'reasonable' trades, it's hard to judge what's reasonable and therefore I think it's fairer not to do trades in a mock draft because they're just so unpredictable. I do hope we trade down somehow in the 2nd round (I don't think first round is happening. If it does, Baalke will deserve a bit of credit for managing it somehow.)

I think you are right about possibly not being able to get enough help for Trevor, unless we have an all time great draft class.

Now that second mock....THAT's more like it!!!!

(04-23-2022, 12:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: With the same caveats I offered to Mikey on his mock still in effect:

Hutch is a good pick.

Lol if Balke pulled off these trades and this was our actual draft he would instantly go from clown to goat

Hutch is a good pick.

No edge rusher at all?

Using fanspeak Steve Shoup's settings which I find to be one of the more accurate fantasy draft boards which isnt saying much I guess, I was able to pull off the following.

1: R1 P1 EDGE Aidan Hutchinson - Michigan
17: R1 P17 WR Jameson Williams - Alabama
33: R2 P1 LB Quay Walker - Georgia
65: R3 P1 S Jaquan Brisker - Penn State
67: R3 P3 TE Cade Otton - Washington
106: R4 P1 OT Max Mitchell - Louisiana
157: R5 P14 CB Josh Jobe - Alabama
188: R6 P9 C Nick Ford - Utah
235: R7 P14 K Cade York - LSU

Trade Partner: LA Chargers
Sent:
Future Round 1 Pick
Round 3 Pick 6
Round 6 Pick 18
Round 6 Pick 19
Received:
Round 1 Pick 17

Trade Partner: New York Giants
Sent:
Round 6 Pick 1
Round 7 Pick 1
Future Round 3 Pick
Received:
Round 3 Pick 3

I know the trades are unrealistic but one could hope, or offer more. But I would love that draft on paper before anything else happens.

Giants offered 1:5 and 1:7 for 1:1 to draft Malik Willis, had to take that offer.
Here’s what followed, no other trades:

Round 1 Pick 5 (NYG): Trevon Walker, DE/OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 1 Pick 7 (NYG): Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Tyler Linderbaum, C/OG, Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: George Pickens, WR, Georgia (A-)
Round 3 Pick 6: Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Brian Asamoah, ILB/OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Smoke Monday, FS/SS, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 18: Emil Ekiyor Jr., OG, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 19: Nolan Smith, DE/OLB, Georgia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Cole Turner, TE, Nevada (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14: Dante Stills, DT, West Virginia (A-)

(04-28-2022, 02:23 AM)CSTblank Wrote: Giants offered 1:5 and 1:7 for 1:1 to draft Malik Willis, had to take that offer.

Where do I sign up for this draft???
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-28-2022, 02:23 AM)CSTblank Wrote: Giants offered 1:5 and 1:7 for 1:1 to draft Malik Willis, had to take that offer.

durr hurr it has a guy from Michigan obviously this is fantasy