Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If you're Trent Balke right now, what would you do?

I'd field any and all calls about people who want to trade up. If any reasonable offers present themselves, I'd accept them. If none present themselves, I'd probably take Hutchison. Then probably try to trade down in the second round and grab some extra picks and try to grab Trey McBride in the late second/early third depending on what my team told me. I'd focus more on offense after the first pick, unless some defensive star falls into our laps. But trading down in the second would be preferable.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-25-2022, 10:29 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I'd field any and all calls about people who want to trade up. If any reasonable offers present themselves, I'd accept them. If none present themselves, I'd probably take Hutchison. Then probably try to trade down in the second round and grab some extra picks and try to grab Trey McBride in the late second/early third depending on what my team told me. I'd focus more on offense after the first pick, unless some defensive star falls into our laps. But trading down in the second would be preferable.

I'm against trading down. I'd rather us package up late picks to move up in the earlier rounds. We need quality starters.

The closer the the draft gets the more I want to take one of the Tackles at 1 probably Neal then if he’s there I take Linderbaum at 33. I’m

(04-25-2022, 11:55 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 10:29 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I'd field any and all calls about people who want to trade up. If any reasonable offers present themselves, I'd accept them. If none present themselves, I'd probably take Hutchison. Then probably try to trade down in the second round and grab some extra picks and try to grab Trey McBride in the late second/early third depending on what my team told me. I'd focus more on offense after the first pick, unless some defensive star falls into our laps. But trading down in the second would be preferable.

I'm against trading down. I'd rather us package up late picks to move up in the earlier rounds. We need quality starters.

We need quality starters, which means we need more picks. Not less.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(04-25-2022, 11:55 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:

So if the Giants offer picks 5 and 7 for #1, you're turning it down?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2022, 02:46 PM by Charlie Sheen.)

(04-25-2022, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 11:55 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I'm against trading down. I'd rather us package up late picks to move up in the earlier rounds. We need quality starters.
So if the Giants offer picks 5 and 7 for #1, you're turning it down?

My response to the quote is the person saying they’d want to trade down in the second round. I don’t want to do that. I want to package our late round picks to move up as many times as possible in rounds 2-4.

Of course I’d like out of the first pick. But that’s not what I was responding to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(04-25-2022, 01:03 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 11:55 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I'm against trading down. I'd rather us package up late picks to move up in the earlier rounds. We need quality starters.

We need quality starters, which means we need more picks. Not less.

You gonna get those quality starters with the extra picks you got in round 5, 6, and 7?

(04-25-2022, 02:45 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So if the Giants offer picks 5 and 7 for #1, you're turning it down?

My response to the quote is the person saying they’d want to trade down in the second round. I don’t want to do that. I want to package our late round picks to move up as many times as possible in rounds 2-4.

Of course I’d like out of the first pick. But that’s not what I was responding to.

(04-25-2022, 01:03 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: We need quality starters, which means we need more picks. Not less.

You gonna get those quality starters with the extra picks you got in round 5, 6, and 7?

Got it. 

I totally agree with you on that one then.