Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Flip your table thread

What pick, regardless of round will make flip over your thread in anger? For me it is Walker. I can't stand taking a guy just due to his measurables. I would also go nuts if we don't draft a TE and a WR.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Walker or Neal. I think drafting either one would be completely insane.

(04-26-2022, 11:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Walker or Neal. I think drafting either one would be completely insane.

I'm definitely on team Icky and Hutch. Either of those guys and I'll be happy. Icky is my guy and I really hope he doesn't end up in our division if we don't draft him.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Probably Walker even though it sounds like that is what’s going to happen. I’ll probably be pissed at 1st then I will somehow convince myself it was a great pick. I mean how else have I ban a fan of this damn team this long!
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Im really not a fan of thibs

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2022, 03:50 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(04-27-2022, 12:00 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 11:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Walker or Neal. I think drafting either one would be completely insane.

I'm definitely on team Icky and Hutch. Either of those guys and I'll be happy. Icky is my guy and I really hope he doesn't end up in our division if we don't draft him.

But why? Cam Robinson is likely getting a long term deal and Walker Little is probably as good or better than Icky or Neal.

(04-27-2022, 02:13 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Im really not a fan of thibs

While I ain't gonna lose my mind over it, I'd agree that this pick would disappoint me more than most. I think Hamilton would be a comparable letdown.

If one of the big 4 receivers slips into the twenties and we sit on our hands, THAT would get me ballistic.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2022, 09:32 AM by The Eleventh Doctor. Edited 1 time in total.)

Walker. I'll root for him if he gets drafted and hope he's successful, but... well, we'll see I guess. If we trade down and pick him I'd be fine with it, though.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Drafting Hutchinson would make me lose my [BLEEP].

He has t-rex arms for his size. He has ZERO, and I mean ZERO, bend - he plays upright and stiff. He looks awkward. It's honestly off-putting watching him play with how badly he moves his body.

He has a great motor - no doubt. But that means nothing in the NFL when the tackle destroys you immediately.

Hutch is going to be a 5 sack a year guy and only because of coverage.

(04-26-2022, 11:32 PM)Dimson Wrote: What pick, regardless of round will make flip over your thread in anger? For me it is Walker. I can't stand taking a guy just due to his measurables. I would also go nuts if we don't draft a TE and a WR.

A strong case.

I think Drake London and Daniel Faalele for me.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Any of the offensive tackles in RD1. Defensive prospects are higher in overall value. Just seems like a bad move. I would take Gardner, Hutchinson, Walker or Hamilton over any of the "top" tackle prospects.

However, ill be even more disappointed if they use all four of those picks in round six. They need to use them to trade up to gain real, tangible value at a position or two where it's likely an upgrade is available.

There's a chance of landing a starting caliber TE and/or LB in RD4 for this team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2022, 11:07 AM by Caldrac.)

Robinson also signed a 3 year, $54M extension today. Walker Little was a 2nd RD pick from last year. At some point he's playing Guard or moving Taylor off his spot at right tackle.

So... if they draft a tackle I'll be dumbfounded.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-27-2022, 11:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Robinson also signed a 3 year, $54M extension today. Walker Little was a 2nd RD pick from last year. At some point he's playing Guard or moving Taylor off his spot at right tackle.

I can't remember who it was, but I remember a guy on the board who insisted the game has changed to a degree that there isn't much difference between the left and right tackle positions any longer.  I would debate him up and down on that point.  But if the pick is Ekwonu or Neal, his argument would have proven at least partially right.

I would applaud Ekwonu or Neal at #1, even with Cam Robinson's new deal.  We'd have talent, versatility and depth along the OL for days.

Where to play Ekwonu or Neal would be  good problem to have.

Which starting OL would you like best?

From LT to RT

1.  Cam, Little, Shatley, Scherff, Ekwonu/Neal
2.  Ekwonu/Neal, Little, Shatley, Scherff, Cam
3.  Cam, Ekwonu/Neal, Shatley, Scherff, Little
4.  Ekwonu/Neal, Cam, Shatley, Scherff, Little

Compare any of those lineups to last year's group

Cam, Norwell, Linder, Bartch/Cann, Taylor.

Just with those four options, minimally, it would appear we'd have upgraded 3 positions from last year:  RT, RG, and LG.

Who knows what rookie C we could possibly add to that to make it even better?

Maybe Taylor finds his niche at G, and he is nowhere near the liability he's been at RT.

If we hit on a Ekwonu/Neal pick, Rausher is a good OL coach, it's not out of the question we could end up with the best OL in the division.

We'd have at least three guys who could play LT, maybe 4 guys who could play RT if Taylor is kept.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

After watching Gene Smith screw us over with all of his small school "I'm smarter than all the other GMs" bull [BLEEP], nothing will make me flip over a table. Just think about it, there was a year under Gene Smith in which we had ZERO players from the SEC, yet if I recall correctly, we had 2 players from Wyoming on the roster at that time. Don't get me started on Derrick Cox, D'Anthony Smith, Larry Hart, Austen Lane, and drafting a punter in round 3.

(04-27-2022, 12:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 11:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Robinson also signed a 3 year, $54M extension today. Walker Little was a 2nd RD pick from last year. At some point he's playing Guard or moving Taylor off his spot at right tackle.

I can't remember who it was, but I remember a guy on the board who insisted the game has changed to a degree that there isn't much difference between the left and right tackle positions any longer.  I would debate him up and down on that point.  But if the pick is Ekwonu or Neal, his argument would have proven at least partially right.

I would applaud Ekwonu or Neal at #1, even with Cam Robinson's new deal.  We'd have talent, versatility and depth along the OL for days.

From LT to RT

Just with those four options, minimally, it would appear we'd have upgraded 3 positions from last year:  RT, RG, and LG.

Maybe Taylor finds his niche at G, and he is nowhere near the liability he's been at RT.

If we hit on a Ekwonu/Neal pick, Rausher is a good OL coach, it's not out of the question we could end up with the best OL in the division.

We'd have at least three guys who could play LT, maybe 4 guys who could play RT if Taylor is kept.

Without question, I choose option #3, as long as it's just Ekwonu. I wouldn't choose any option that Neal is involved in.

Of the options typically mentioned for the Jags at 1:
Hutchinson
Walker
Ekwonu
Neal
Thibodeaux (not recently, but he is my favorite)

The only one that would frustrate me is Walker. If they really insist on taking Walker, just get anything you can and trade out of the pick.

I wouldn’t even be angry with any of the DB options, but I would be really surprised of course.

(04-27-2022, 09:34 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Drafting Hutchinson would make me lose my [BLEEP].

He has t-rex arms for his size. He has ZERO, and I mean ZERO, bend - he plays upright and stiff. He looks awkward. It's honestly off-putting watching him play with how badly he moves his body.

He has a great motor - no doubt. But that means nothing in the NFL when the tackle destroys you immediately.

I really don't understand the arm size argument.

Notable edge rushers with under 33" arm length
Jared Allen
Melvin Ingram
Carl Lawson
Trey Hendrickson
Markus Golden
Yannick Ngakoue
Everson Griffen
Zadarius Smith
Bud Dupree
Harold Landry
Dee Ford

Khalil Mack is 33 1/4
TJ Watt is 33 1/8
Chase Young is 33 3/4

Knock on his style, but it's just weird to me seeing the arms argument.

(04-28-2022, 12:28 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 09:34 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Drafting Hutchinson would make me lose my [BLEEP].

Jared Allen
Melvin Ingram
Carl Lawson
Trey Hendrickson
Markus Golden
Yannick Ngakoue
Everson Griffen
Zadarius Smith
Bud Dupree
Harold Landry
Dee Ford

Khalil Mack is 33 1/4
TJ Watt is 33 1/8
Chase Young is 33 3/4

It would merely be the front office trying to justify taking Walker over Hutchinson, when the real reason is Baalke hates Harbaugh and refuses to take his player.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 02:18 AM by Eric1.)

Jared Allen
Melvin Ingram
Carl Lawson
Trey Hendrickson
Markus Golden
Yannick Ngakoue
Everson Griffen
Zadarius Smith
Bud Dupree
Harold Landry
Dee Ford

Khalil Mack is 33 1/4
TJ Watt is 33 1/8
Chase Young is 33 3/4

Hutch is 6'6 5/8" tall with 32 1/8" arms. Now lets compare that to the other guys you listed..

Jared Allen - 6'6" tall, 32" arms. Likely the closest comp you'll find height/length wise. Allen was a 4th round pick #126.
Melvin Ingram - 6'1 1/2", 31 1/2". 1st round pick #18th.
Carl Lawson - 6'1 3/4", 31 1/2". 4th round pick #116.
Trey Hendrickson - 6'4", 32". 3rd round pick #103.
Markus Golden - 6'2 3/8", 31 1/8". 2nd round pick #58.
Yannick Ngakoue - 6'2", 32 1/2". 3rd round pick #69.
Everson Griffen - 6'3 3/8", 32 5/8". 4th round pick #100.
Zadarius Smith - 6'4 1/2", 32 5/8". 4th round pick #122.
Bud Dupree - 6'4", 32 5/8". 1st round pick #22.
Harold Landry - 6'2 3/8", 32 7/8". 2nd round pick #41.
Dee Ford - 6'2 1/8", 32 7/8". 1st round pick #23.

Khalil Mack is 33 1/4" - 6'2 5/8" 1st round pick #5.
TJ Watt is 33 1/8" - 6'4 1/2" 1st round pick #30.
Chase Young is 33 3/4" - 6'4 4/8" 1st round pick #2.

As you can see, Hutch has incredibly short arms for somebody of his height and that's where the talk comes from. Leverage and length are a huge part of football (especially in the trenches) and Hutch is on the backside of both.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 07:52 AM by Caldrac.)

(04-27-2022, 12:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

From LT to RT

Line up three would probably be the most ideal if I had no other choice. I will be disappointed though if they go this route tonight. I think Pederson's system is all about the RPO, quick reads, getting the football in and out of your hands as quickly as possible. 90% of the time Lawrence should already know where he's going with that football before he takes the snap in this system. 

I just don't think you have to take a lineman tonight to solidify anything on that front. Praying for an unlikely trade down at this point. I just feel like you can get an upgrade at RT, where the majority of the concern is coming from on this board, between Diesch, Goedeke or Vrabel on potentially day 3 of the draft while being able to upgrade your front seven to potentially compliment Josh Allen coming up on a big year.

Jared Allen
Melvin Ingram
Carl Lawson
Trey Hendrickson
Markus Golden
Yannick Ngakoue
Everson Griffen
Zadarius Smith
Bud Dupree
Harold Landry
Dee Ford

Khalil Mack is 33 1/4
TJ Watt is 33 1/8
Chase Young is 33 3/4

A lot of size queens on here. Unfortunately.