Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Devin Lloyd

I'm still hopeful for lloyd and walker

They both started off with a bang in the first few games

Excited to see them further develop in the comming games and into next season

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2022, 08:29 AM by Caldrac. Edited 4 times in total.)

Lloyd and Walker have both slowed down over the last few weeks. Lloyd I think has maybe three or four solo tackles to his credit over the last few weeks (Per Hicken on the morning show earlier this week).

Walker, again, people like to point out the pressure stats (just like Josh Allen), I don't care. I want impact plays and forced turnovers and sacks. Not "what could have been" or "almost there". I always think of the old man in the insurance commercial with the dollar bill on a fishing line. "You gotta be quicker than that!". This is why the local community on the radio keeps calling for maybe Smoot and/or Key to get more playing time. Since they actually seem to get there.

Pressures need to be converted into actual sacks that matter at some point. I put this on coaching too. I mean, look, they're rookies, they're still developing, what is this staff doing during practice all week to get them mentally prepared to overcome some of those rookie walls and mental blocks? What are they doing schematically to get them freed up to use their raw talents on specific drives with opportunities?

I need to see it. Maybe they need to move Walker around a little bit more. If he's strong as [BLEEP]? Maybe you need to go back and look at all of your opponents passing snaps going into tomorrow's game, pick out the weakest guy on their offensive line that has a tendency to get knocked off his block, put on his [BLEEP], off balance, whatever. Maybe you need to tell Walker "Hey, wherever # so and so lines up at, you line up directly over him and tell the man next to you to rotate over into your spot".

I can't tell you how many times I have been frustrated watching, BOTH, Walker and Allen just use pure strength and bull rushing to get to the QB. It's not enough at this level. All of these guys lift weights. So, if you can't get it done on the outside against the tackles? Maybe Caldwell needs to run Fatukasi outside with Hamilton and let Walker and Allen stunt back inside to rush the interior.

Figure it the [BLEEP] out.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-12-2022, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Lloyd and Walker have both slowed down over the last few weeks. Lloyd I think has maybe three or four solo tackles to his credit over the last few weeks (Per Hicken on the morning show earlier this week).

Walker, again, people like to point out the pressure stats (just like Josh Allen), I don't care. I want impact plays and forced turnovers and sacks. Not "what could have been" or "almost there". I always think of the old man in the insurance commercial with the dollar bill on a fishing line. "You gotta be quicker than that!". This is why the local community on the radio keeps calling for maybe Smoot and/or Key to get more playing time. Since they actually seem to get there.

Pressures need to be converted into actual sacks that matter at some point. I put this on coaching too. I mean, look, they're rookies, they're still developing, what is this staff doing during practice all week to get them mentally prepared to overcome some of those rookie walls and mental blocks? What are they doing schematically to get them freed up to use their raw talents on specific drives with opportunities?

I need to see it. Maybe they need to move Walker around a little bit more. If he's strong as [BLEEP]? Maybe you need to go back and look at all of your opponents passing snaps going into tomorrow's game, pick out the weakest guy on their offensive line that has a tendency to get knocked off his block, put on his [BLEEP], off balance, whatever. Maybe you need to tell Walker "Hey, wherever # so and so lines up at, you line up directly over him and tell the man next to you to rotate over into your spot".

I can't tell you how many times I have been frustrated watching, BOTH, Walker and Allen just use pure strength and bull rushing to get to the QB. It's not enough at this level. All of these guys lift weights. So, if you can't get it done on the outside against the tackles? Maybe Caldwell needs to run Fatukasi outside with Hamilton and let Walker and Allen stunt back inside to rush the interior.

QBs under pressure throw more incompletions. 

We all want sacks and turnovers, and you can discount pressure all you want, but forced incompletions are good no matter how you paint it.

This is a big test for them both. Hope we see them turn it on the second half of the season.

(11-12-2022, 11:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Lloyd and Walker have both slowed down over the last few weeks. Lloyd I think has maybe three or four solo tackles to his credit over the last few weeks (Per Hicken on the morning show earlier this week).

QBs under pressure throw more incompletions. 

We all want sacks and turnovers, and you can discount pressure all you want, but forced incompletions are good no matter how you paint it.
Field position is more important. Burying a QB into the ground an extra 5, 10 yards back makes a field goal attempt more difficult to make or forces a punt or a longer 4th down attempt.

Again, not going to argue that incompletions are not important or important. Just stating a plain fact. Missing sacks in fourth quarters has cost you leads late.

Winning teams bring the heat defensively and close it out after the offense goes out puts them in the lead.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I’m also a fan of moving Walker around. Even if it means him lining up on the interior of that defensive line. Smoot made out like a bandit on the inside and to be honest, Walker might be the most athletic defensive lineman we have. 

Josh Allen just hasn’t got it done. I hope he turns it up a notch this week. A win is huge. Just get the Dub.

Walker has been EXACTLY what he was supposed to be this year. Elite run defender and okay pass rusher as he develops. Anyone disappointed had unrealistic expectations.

That said, dude just has to learn to finish. He’s right there, a lot. I don’t believe it to be unreasonable to expect him to develop that part.

NFL wise, Walker isn't physically and mentally mature yet. I think we'll see bigger and better things out of him next season.

(11-13-2022, 10:58 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Walker has been EXACTLY what he was supposed to be this year. Elite run defender and okay pass rusher as he develops. Anyone disappointed had unrealistic expectations.

That said, dude just has to learn to finish. He’s right there, a lot. I don’t believe it to be unreasonable to expect him to develop that part.

I so agree with you!  Walker has solidified the run defense, and has been everything I had expected.  He will only get better the more he learns.

Got benched for Muma today at one point….

(11-13-2022, 05:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Got benched for Muma today at one point….

They were rotating them throughout the game, but it certainly looked like Muma got the last drive or two.

(11-13-2022, 10:58 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Walker has been EXACTLY what he was supposed to be this year. Elite run defender and okay pass rusher as he develops. Anyone disappointed had unrealistic expectations.

Elite? Let's not get too far out over our skis, he's been replacement level as a run defender and trash as a pass rusher.

(11-13-2022, 05:55 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:

Elite? Let's not get too far out over our skis, he's been replacement level as a run defender and trash as a pass rusher.

Who is out over their skis?

Trash? 

LOL

He leads all rookie defenders in QB pressures and the tape shows him painfully close to getting home in lots of reps every week. 
Have a little patience with a rookie learning a whole new arsenal of technique. He looks the part. Give him time to get his hand technique a little stronger. He may surprise you by this time next year.