Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why is Justin Herbert so underrated?

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2022, 09:05 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

That Pats team in Bradys early years looks like what Baalke and Doug are to do even though a lot on here don't want that. I like the idea, an elite defense with Trev could be special, hopefully Etienne will be 100%

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-03-2022, 08:40 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Personally, I am sick of Mahomes. I know he's a good guy, does things the right way, etc, etc, but the media worship just gets ridiculous at times.  I wouldn't mind seeing a huge drop off by him and the Chiefs this year.  Hoping to see the Raiders or the Chargers take that division.

If someone takes the division from the Chiefs, it won't be the Raiders or the Chargers.  The Broncos are the team to look out for.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 12:58 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(05-05-2022, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 03:39 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I never understand Mahomes hate. Like it made sense for Brady in his early years, he was on really good teams with stout defenses and you can say what you want, but he wasn't half the QB Mahomes was in his early days. Dude is the Lebron James of the NFL rn, he's freakishly talented.

Brady also didn't have a HOF TE and a HOF WR like Mahomes.  Brady was very clutch and one of the worst WR corps in the league.  Didn't really have a RB either until they got Corey Dillon amd then the offense went to a different level.  I like what we are doing and trying to build an elite defense with a good QB like NE had in Bradys early years and when the won 3 SBs in 4 years

I promise i'd be the last person to try and argue that Brady was ever bad, because he wasn't. But his first 3-4 years vs Mahomes isn't a real comparision outside of maybe wins and losses. Individual player stats are heavily favored by one guy.

(05-05-2022, 05:56 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 08:40 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Personally, I am sick of Mahomes. I know he's a good guy, does things the right way, etc, etc, but the media worship just gets ridiculous at times.  I wouldn't mind seeing a huge drop off by him and the Chiefs this year.  Hoping to see the Raiders or the Chargers take that division.

If someone takes the division from the Chiefs, it won't be the Raiders or the Chargers.  The Broncos are the team to look out for.

I was hoping the raiders would trade for Watson just because of how insane that division woulda been QB wise. 

Mahomes v Watson v Wilson v Herbert

Damn

He's not even close to underrated. If I were to pick any QB to start a team NOT named Mahomes, it's Herbs. I'd trade away Lawrence for Herbert in a heartbeat, and that is more of a testament to Herbert's level of play than it is an indictment on TL or his development.

(05-07-2022, 12:57 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Brady also didn't have a HOF TE and a HOF WR like Mahomes.  Brady was very clutch and one of the worst WR corps in the league.  Didn't really have a RB either until they got Corey Dillon amd then the offense went to a different level.  I like what we are doing and trying to build an elite defense with a good QB like NE had in Bradys early years and when the won 3 SBs in 4 years

I promise i'd be the last person to try and argue that Brady was ever bad, because he wasn't. But his first 3-4 years vs Mahomes isn't a real comparision outside of maybe wins and losses. Individual player stats are heavily favored by one guy.

Mahomes had a hotter start to his career as a passer than Brady, but comparing the  2001-2004 NFL  to the 2017-2020 NFL is part of the discrepancy.  

Passing leaders back then averaged 4200-4700 yards on the season  - and led the league with those numbers. 

Now those leading numbers are 4600-5300 yards per season. 

Top passers are averaging 400-600 more yards per season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-03-2022, 01:39 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: He's not even close to underrated. If I were to pick any QB to start a team NOT named Mahomes, it's Herbs. I'd trade away Lawrence for Herbert in a heartbeat, and that is more of a testament to Herbert's level of play than it is an indictment on TL or his development.

As things stand so far, I'd have to agree with this.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-03-2022, 05:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 01:39 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: He's not even close to underrated. If I were to pick any QB to start a team NOT named Mahomes, it's Herbs. I'd trade away Lawrence for Herbert in a heartbeat, and that is more of a testament to Herbert's level of play than it is an indictment on TL or his development.

As things stand so far, I'd have to agree with this.

I'd like to think mostly everyone here would trade trevor for Herbert. Herbert has as much talent and is already a proven commodity in the league.